GeoGuitar 2008

Landsharkz

After being away for a couple of days, I arrived home to find my Geoguitars at my door. I may have been one of the last to receive mine, but it was well worth the wait! YIPPEE!! After reading some of the posts in the forums, I decided to open each one and check for defects (something I have never done before!). As far as I am concerned, mine look great. I figure if I need a magnifying glass to pick out the defects, then they shouldn't matter.

Thank you Helen and Chris for all of your time and effort on this project. I think these turned out great! :blink:

BTW, I decided since I had all of these guitars out, I might as well play. . .

Geocoinguitarcircle-1.jpgGeocoinguitarupclose-1.jpg

This is the second set of Geoguitars I ordered. This is one of the first songs (Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana) he and his friends got together to play and record. When I heard them on the CD, I couldn't believe it was them; it sounded so professional! Go Tristan! :blink:

geocoinguitarupcloseTristan-1.jpggeocoinguitarcircleTristan-1-1.jpg

The "Sverige rockar" guitars have arrived as well, and there were one or two with some small color problems on the body of the guitar, but not so severe that I think there's any need for the to be redone. They'll do just fine as travellers :)

Thanks to Landsharkz for putting this very cool project together! :)

:) Let me get over GW and get Round 1 folks all happy, before you guys all come asking for Round 2...pleeeease :)

Currently in production are: more USA, more CDN, GeoWoodstock VI GeoGuitar, Groovin' GeoGuitar, British GeoGuitar and a couple of treats (low runs).

There may be a NZ GeoGuitar coming up as well as special Event Editions for Rendezvous Quebec and the UK Mega in August.

We also had a few special LE's - denim glitter and mahogany on our site last week for a couple of days but they were gone before I could even type a newsletter...really. Congrats to the folks that got them B) .

Any word on the remint of the personal coins with issues?

Note, I haven't contact LS directly, just figured I'd ask and see if anyone had any redone.

Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. It's been quite a while since the remint order has been placed. Hopefully LS will chime in and let us know what is going on.

I contacted Landsharkz last week and here was their response:

Well the mint is remaking them but they have asked for our patience so that they can do them more carefully this time. Also they will not be making these for us again - it was not financially viable for them as there was so much loss along the way.

Initially the manager offered me a refund for 150% of the cost of the custom guitars that were flawed but after a lot of negotiation Chris and I are paying half and they are making them again. They had also suggested that I needed to get them all back and send them to them to see, but they changed their mind when they looked at the shipping costs involved.

It has been confirmed to me that they are making them, but they are taking their time and will QA them better at their end. They said that because there were so many and we were hurrying them, they didn't check them over carefully enough. Also, they stamped out double the order (this is common) to allow to replace flawed coins along the way, but at the end, they didn't have enough so some of the lesser flawed ones were added rather than stamp and start painting all over again.

They really didn't like this job it seems and we are going to have to be more careful when we push them to the edge of their limits.

Initially they said it would be ready June 30th, so although they’ve gone beyond that, I do expect to have them soon. Once Chris and I check them over, we’ll be sending them on to you.

Thank you,

Helen

Thank you LadeBear68 - we have been busy with company from Sweden and haven't been checking in here much at all.

The re-mint guitars have shipped and are on their way to us. Once we look them over, we'll have them back out the door to you right away. You will have them for MWGB and you will have them for the First Mega in Canada and also for GCF :huh: .

I wanted to send a special thanks out to Landsharkz for this project. We just received our reprinted guitars in the mail today and they look awesome. This was really a great project from beginning to end and we look forward to whatever is coming in the future from you guys.

Yall get two thumbs up from us. bigok.gif:ph34r:

after receiving the "best of the Bad" guitar this week and adding it to my collection, it stirred up some memories and desire for a new batch of guitars. B)

I wonder if dragging out an old thread would renew any interest and get Chris and Helen at Landsharkz interested in possibly going on tour with these again, this was an awesome group coin project.

If not, just ignore me and I'll go back to my corner and lurk for a bit longer... :blink: It never hurts to ask, right?

after receiving the "best of the Bad" guitar this week and adding it to my collection, it stirred up some memories and desire for a new batch of guitars. B)

I wonder if dragging out an old thread would renew any interest and get Chris and Helen at Landsharkz interested in possibly going on tour with these again, this was an awesome group coin project.

If not, just ignore me and I'll go back to my corner and lurk for a bit longer... :blink: It never hurts to ask, right?

I have a CinemaBoxers "MCRmy" version I have no use for if someone wants to offer up a trade for... CinemaBoxers anything is just a bad memory for me.

~J

I have a CinemaBoxers "MCRmy" version I have no use for if someone wants to offer up a trade for... CinemaBoxers anything is just a bad memory for me.

~J

already have one in my collection along with 20 others... thanks though, maybe someone else may want it. It's a good looking coin.