GeoGuitar 2008

Landsharkz

No, nobody's missed the invoicing.... you're waiting for me :unsure: . I've had to figure out the USPS for shipping them with tracking and get all the rates accurate for each zipcode and weight.

On top of that my new computer arrived on Friday (the day The Drama Queen came home from school with an injured leg). The old computer was on the verge of a meltdown every day. We've spent the last 3 days copying, saving, deleting, backing up, storing, re-storing, networking and trying to get functional again :blink: . On top of all that we basically missed our local Hide n' Go Cache event :P and The Drama Queen has been on RICE. She is almost as ticked at missing the Hide n' Go as we are. She had a terrain 4 cache all ready to hide and she couldn't even get up 3 steps from the den to the kitchen :sad: . Poor kid.

I've been waiting for about 10 more people to confirm their art, but I'll just invoice them anyway and we'll see what happens. No biggie. We're over 1500 guitars now!

When will the pick be available?

I wish I could have got in on the guitars (the retro 50's Fender look in the Bimini blue had a great look to it - guess it was called Glow #3) but kids needs get in the way. If anyone placed an order for that color set up, would you be willing to sell one to me (personalized or not)?

You would not believe the size of the XL spreadsheet to keep track of all these :) . Crikey!

I am waiting for 10 people to pay. We can't send the order in to the mint until we have payment because we're making personalized coins printed with folks names. A BIG THANK YOU <_< to the folks who clicked 'pay' right away and would the rest please 'attend to it' quickly! :P

Reminders were sent today and I'll send them again on the weekend. After that we'll have to go to production without them which would be a shame. If you have since decided that you don't want to take part, please send us a note privately and we'll remove your name from the list and quit bugging you with reminders. Thanks!

By the way... that 3rd custom guitar that the mint didn't think they could do... we're going to take a gamble on a couple of print fees and see what they can manage. Chris said we're going to 'help the mint reach their full potential' once again :) .

Ok, here's the first update ;) .

The mint has advised us that they will need at least 25 days to produce the guitar coins because they use glow, glitter and printing in addition to the regular stamping, painting, plating and polishing. It just can't be done in the same lickety split time as a plain round coin.

will the printing on the coins be protected?

I recieved the february geocoinclub coin and the printing on that coin is on top of the epoxy and seems like it can easily be scratched off...

We've done aggressive product testing of the printing and can assure you that you'd have to take a knife to it to get it off. We have had the sample guitars out of their plastic pouches kicking around our desks since they arrived. Chris rubbed two of them together to try to scratch the printing by using the edge of another coin and it's not budging. We've also demonstrated the strength of the printing to folks who've dropped by the office. The printing is over imitation hard enamel, not epoxy, so that could be the difference.

I recieved the february geocoinclub coin and the printing on that coin is on top of the epoxy and seems like it can easily be scratched off...

We've done aggressive product testing of the printing and can assure you that you'd have to take a knife to it to get it off. We have had the sample guitars out of their plastic pouches kicking around our desks since they arrived. Chris rubbed two of them together to try to scratch the printing by using the edge of another coin and it's not budging. We've also demonstrated the strength of the printing to folks who've dropped by the office. The printing is over imitation hard enamel, not epoxy, so that could be the difference.

Sounds like the difference between Pergo-like laminate flooring and authentic hardwood flooring. About gave my wife an apoplectic fit at Home Depot one time when I whipped out the car keys and proceeded to demonstrate the differences in durability between the two flooring materials. Lets just say we didn't go with authentic. :rolleyes: Car keys are definitely a very versatile device! They can hack open coin mailers and saw through many other materials, as the poor HD samples found out! <_<

Great :rolleyes:

I have not tried to scratch the printing off the geocoinclub coin so I don't know if it can be done - just looked like it was easy to scratch off...

Ok I have already paid the invoices but this is bugging me a bit too much. You said the coins would be charged in USD (it was on your site) and yet when I was invoiced it was in CAD. That means I paid about $15 more than I should have. Sorry, but it is completely unfair and you did go against your word. I am not alone in the way I feel about this and I do hope you make things right.

Oops... This is an oversight. I had built the web page (me Chris) and Helen billed (out of habit) in Canadian dollars. This type of mistake is usually a win for Americans, but unfortunately your dollar is really weak right now.

If you paid more than you were expecting because of exchange rates, please send us a copy (by e-mail) of your Paypal transaction showing the USD you paid and we'll refund you the difference from the exchange (in USD).

One comment... this was not "going against our word"... that would be intentional and really not very nice at all :anitongue: . This is a mistake, we apologize for that and will make amends to those who it affects. This is the first we've heard of this. We do strive to offer excellent customer service; if you have any beefs with anything, please let us know (e-mail preferred).

I wondered the exact same thing! This was my first "personal" coin purchase in mass quantities and therefore I just didn't know if it was right or wrong. I even backed out of the invoice page and re-entered thinking I had clicked on something wrong. Then I noticed the "currency converter" thingy and realized that what I had been invoiced was in CAD.

If you paid more than you were expecting because of exchange rates, please send us a copy (by e-mail) of your Paypal transaction showing the USD you paid and we'll refund you the difference from the exchange (in USD).

Email sent. I had wondered the same thing...

Oops... This is an oversight. I had built the web page (me Chris) and Helen billed (out of habit) in Canadian dollars. This type of mistake is usually a win for Americans, but unfortunately your dollar is really weak right now.

One comment... this was not "going against our word"... that would be intentional and really not very nice at all :anitongue: . This is a mistake, we apologize for that and will make amends to those who it affects. This is the first we've heard of this. We do strive to offer excellent customer service; if you have any beefs with anything, please let us know (e-mail preferred).

Thank you for clearing that up. I just have been sick for a week so I've been a bit cranky. Sorry if I came out rude. I'll send an e-mail your way and thank you for addressing this issue very quickly and professionally.

Now imagine your dollar at 65 cents on the dollar...after years of that pain it's nice to be able to just afford to buy things in U.S. funds again. However, when our dollar was low there were no U.S. based companies letting me pay in the lower Canadian dollar.

So Landsharkz, while I'm not part of the Geoguitar group I think it's pretty commendable of you to be charging at a currency that is lower and not the currency of your own country so that you can help make it that much more affordable for everyone. kudos....

Everyone seems content with the method of resolution and we've learned something new once again.

Chris and I think we communicate really well until something like this comes up and then we look at each other and say 'you said/did what?!' :unsure: .

Theotokos, LadeBear68 - thanks - your kind words mean a lot to us :D

Everyone seems content with the method of resolution and we've learned something new once again.

I am totally happy with the outcome. I highly respect a vendor who can admit an honest mistake and take corrective actions. I e-mailed them my invoices and within 5-10 minutes I had the difference returned to me. Can't ask for any better then that! Thanks!!! :unsure: