GeoGuitar 2008

Landsharkz

The colours on the above three guitars are as follows:

Red one...

Body - PMS 185

Pick Guard - Black

Head and head are PMS 4665

Polished Nickel

I was trying to imitate a light maple colour similar to one of our guitars here at home. This 4665 works reall well for that.

Green GeoGuitar...

This is actually Glow #3...

Pick guard is PMS 155 (gives a retro look with the pale green)

Neck and head are PMS 728... I just wanted to see if works better for the maple colour, but I prefer the 4665.

Polished Nickel

The bottom Guitar is Helen's favorite.

J508 Glitter

PMS 211 for the pink

Neck and head are PMS 294... a nice match for this glitter

Metal is polished gold.

I often like to experiment with colours when we have samples done. I'll post some photos of my favorite shortly... its OS9 Glitter with a white pick guard... cooooool :D

The colours on the above three guitars are as follows:

I was trying to imitate a light maple colour similar to one of our guitars here at home. This 4665 works reall well for that.

I often like to experiment with colours when we have samples done. I'll post some photos of my favorite shortly... its OS9 Glitter with a white pick guard... cooooool :D

That's what I was looking for!! Thanks. Will look forward to the others you post!

They look really fab and I am convinced that there is no error!!!

Thats the way I would look at the reverse of the Coin.

If anybody can squeeze me in a few on their order please PM me and let me know. (I am assuming that the engraving can be different on various coins???)

Beautiful Designs.........

If anybody can squeeze me in a few on their order please PM me and let me know. (I am assuming that the engraving can be different on various coins???)

All 20 have to have the same engraving.

If you look at the guitar as if you are playing it then the writing is upside down....Try it!

This is what is says on the order form: "This coin is intended to be a personalized guitar coin. If however, you choose to NOT have printing on your coin, your bill will be reduced by the set-up charge of $25."

So I am assuming that the printing set up fee is $25 - that would be a pretty steep add on for a couple of coins! :D

Ok... this question is for Landsharkz and anyone else that might be interested in maybe doing it....

These coins are SHARP!! Totally sharp!I'd LOVE to get in on them, but just don't have the funds and I know that I'm not alone in this.

Landsharkz or anyone else, would you consider doing a "generic" guitar? One with really nice colors and then on the back something like "geocaching rocks my world! and selling them piecemeal? Maybe a run of 100 or so, to give those who would LOVE to get a couple of them and can't afford them the ability to?

It's just an idea....

Naomi :D

Edited to enlarge text.

Edited by mousekakat

Ok... this question is for Landsharkz and anyone else that might be interested in maybe doing it....

These coins are SHARP!! Totally sharp!I'd LOVE to get in on them, but just don't have the funds and I know that I'm not alone in this.

Landsharkz or anyone else, would you consider doing a "generic" guitar? One with really nice colors and then on the back something like "geocaching rocks my world! and selling them piecemeal? Maybe a run of 100 or so, to give those who would LOVE to get a couple of them and can't afford them the ability to?

It's just an idea....

dardevle and mousekakat...

Beaver Dude is making some Canadian themed GeoGuitar coins which will be publicly sold on our site. We've had requests for an American theme coin so we've also designed a Stars and Stripes guitar which will be for individual sale. Additionally we've got a GeoWoodstock guitar design which will be available at our booth at GWVI. These will all be sold for $10 each and will be limited.

We've said 'personalized', but anyone is welcome to personalize them with something 'generic' and sell them. We just got an order yesterday which is being personalized for an event that's coming up. They are using the geoguitar for their event coin! Now that's an ingenius way to make a affordable small run event coin!

Smort78: Yes... your order can be for 20 printed and any quantity you want unprinted.

Ohhhh they look really nice!!!!!!

When can we see the stars and stripes guitars? I'd like a couple of those as well!!!

You'll be sending out invoices to us, correct??

Also, can you order additional ones with different printing or blank?

Thanks!!!

1) The Stars and Stripes is really awesome :) but we're not ready to show it off just yet ;) .

2) We will send out invoices later this week.

3) You can order additional ones with different printing but each new printing setup necessitates a minimum order of 20 guitars. You are welcome to order some of your original guitar with no printing after you've met the minimum of 20 guitars.

4) We would like to make sure that the folks who are ordering the custom guitars get first dibs on the special guitars - once we sort this out you'll be the first to know.

Thank you!

Hopefully all the information that you need is there; otherwise send us a personal note or ask it here if you think it affects everyone.

Email sent for question and help with colors....

Order placed. Hope the question about the color can be answeredd in time. Thanks

No worries LadyBee4T, we'll be working our way through the questions later today (Monday). Everything will be in time :drama: The mint is actually holding us up at the moment... we're waiting to hear back from them about a questions that we've asked twice :drama: .

Hopefully all the information that you need is there; otherwise send us a personal note or ask it here if you think it affects everyone.

Email sent for question and help with colors....

Order placed. Hope the question about the color can be answeredd in time. Thanks

No worries LadyBee4T, we'll be working our way through the questions later today (Monday). Everything will be in time :drama: The mint is actually holding us up at the moment... we're waiting to hear back from them about a questions that we've asked twice ;) .

:drama: Thanks! ;)

Helen and Chris, this is looking like a really fun project! The guitars look excellent, and if it weren't for some home improvement projects, I'd "join the band". :drama:

Just caught the part about the "error" a page or two back, and in my opinion, I think it works out much better that way! Just place the guitar between your forefingers, and (rock and) roll it over with your thumbs. The guitar points to the right and the writing will always be up!

landsharkz.gif

Now, you may ask yourself: "Self? How does this Yime character know so much about the intricacies of proper vs. alternative geocoin rotation?" Well, Self...my coin does the same thing when held properly by the "nubbins".

:drama:

Viva YemonYime....

At last someone agrees with me. That is the exact way that I would hold the coin and turn it around.

We could have saved these guys a new mould fee?? Or of course to keep everyone happy you could have put the GC test along the bottom - then it would be the right way up whatever way someone turned the coin.

Smiles.....

Viva YemonYime....

At last someone agrees with me. That is the exact way that I would hold the coin and turn it around.

We could have saved these guys a new mould fee?? Or of course to keep everyone happy you could have put the GC test along the bottom - then it would be the right way up whatever way someone turned the coin.

Smiles.....

That is the way we hold it and turn it too, but it's not technically perfect as far as guitars go :unsure:. If you flip your guitar over and hold it so the top is up, then the writing is upside down.

The new mold is going to be made when the final production order is put in - it's not done yet so we haven't incurred the additional cost.

I have the Yime here in my hands and I'm spinning it on it's nubbins...

Hmmmm gc text along the bottom, eh? We have a day or so to ponder this complex subject...

After carefully examining the subject (looking at it a few times) and flipping the images (a bunch of times), it would seem that both may be correct. It all depends on point of view.

Yime seems correct from the point of view of the audience, and Landsharkz seems correct from the point of view of the performer.

Which is correct??? Greater minds than mine need to sort this one out. It will all depend on which way you are holding the coin and which way you turn it over to see the other side. I'm so confused now.

My vote goes to ????????????? :lol::unsure:

After carefully examining the subject (looking at it a few times) and flipping the images (a bunch of times), it would seem that both may be correct. It all depends on point of view.

Yime seems correct from the point of view of the audience, and Landsharkz seems correct from the point of view of the performer.

Which is correct??? Greater minds than mine need to sort this one out. It will all depend on which way you are holding the coin and which way you turn it over to see the other side. I'm so confused now.

As a guitar owner I'd prefer to see it as it would be seen by the performer.

As a guitar owner I'd prefer to see it as it would be seen by the performer.

As another guitar owner I have to agree with Kelly here. I think it should be done from the perspective of the performer.

Helen and Chris, this is looking like a really fun project! The guitars look excellent, and if it weren't for some home improvement projects, I'd "join the band". :o

Just caught the part about the "error" a page or two back, and in my opinion, I think it works out much better that way! Just place the guitar between your forefingers, and (rock and) roll it over with your thumbs. The guitar points to the right and the writing will always be up!

landsharkz.gif

Now, you may ask yourself: "Self? How does this Yime character know so much about the intricacies of proper vs. alternative geocoin rotation?" Well, Self...my coin does the same thing when held properly by the "nubbins".

:P

We are sorry that your home improvements are getting in the way of you being part of the band.

You're right - folks are going to place the guitar between their forefingers and rock (and roll) it over between their fingers making it spin as you've demonstrated (love the .gif!) :P.

I went and got your (now our) Yime from the Landsharkz coin vault and it does spin very nicely on it's nubbins :o .

Still reckon the across the bottom will mean its the right way up whichever way you spin it?

Still trying to do my best to get a few free samples with LordXtra on them?? (Who Knows - maybe LS will like my comments???)

lordxtra... we actually drew up a guitar in Illustrator last night as you've suggested to see how it would look. We like it and we do appreciate the suggestion but we can't send a few free samples with LordXtra on them, sorry.

Chris is a guitar player and so he prefers the gc.com text to be oriented for the player. When it comes right down to it we're going to be purists about it - for the performers. If the guitar was sitting on their lap and they leaned it away from their body, the text will be written so they can read it - and they're still going to spin it like it's on nubbins when they admire it in their hands :) .

We were brainstorming with the mint last night and may have come up with a way to fix this and not incur a new die fee... the factory is trying it out and will report back to us :) .

Whatever you guys decide will of course be the best decision - Just a shame xmas costs (kids!) and all the bills this month prevent me from joining this fab project / band.

(But....What happens if your left handed??? How would you hold and spin the coin then...?)

Just Joking....No Voodoo Spells Please

Whatever you guys decide will of course be the best decision - Just a shame xmas costs (kids!) and all the bills this month prevent me from joining this fab project / band.

(But....What happens if your left handed??? How would you hold and spin the coin then...?)

ROFLMAO! Man, you better get you some lucky rabbits feet and other things to ward off the Voodoo from that last post, lolol!

Too funny!

Naomi :o

If you were left handed I think you would have to restring the geo guitar and play it like Jimi Hendrix did and then spin it like Yime does!!

If you were left handed I think you would have to restring the geo guitar and play it like Jimi Hendrix did and then spin it like Yime does!!

Or buy a left handed guitar. :anicute:

Or buy a left handed guitar. :D

Yep that works! But since the geo guitar is right handed I mentioned Hendrix so that a lefty could be in good company!! :anicute: