What do you Drive for Caching

well, I'm only 16 so I get a ride with my cousin (who's 17), and we use my mom's 2004 Ford Explorer.

HOWEVER: there is a legend geocacher named AirRaidFan in my area who has a 'cachemobile'. It's a Jeep, but there's a platform next to the driver's seat with a laptop, along with a built-in GPS system and a handheld GPS system. Eveything a cacher will ever need is right there in his front seat.

I used to drive a 2001 hyundai accent untill I got a new car. Now I drive a 2007 nissan sentra 2.0. They are noth great on gas. The sentra is better on gas than most cars out there. So it is great for long days of caching. For the ones that require a little off roading to get to or just some rough terrain I make my buddy drive who has a jeep grand cherokee (not good on gas)

Wow, that kind of surprises me. I'd have expected someone with a geocaching name of "57chevy" to actually be caching with a '57 Chevy.. :(

snip..

:ph34r: The 57 is my dream car, I have a couple hundred of the little ones, but not a full size one right now. :D

Maybe some day! I'd love to have one for a daily driver. :o

Currently a 2000 Saab 9.3. But I really, REALLY miss my 1988 Jeep Comanche it was old and rusty and dented. It would go anywhere, and do anything, and it wasn't afraid to get scratched or dirty. Basically everything you would want in a geocaching mobile. It was a sad day when it died at 210,000 miles.

I can't believe that no on else drives a Suzuki Grande Vitara. The one I drive is a 2002 with about 110,000 miles and still ticking (knock on wood). I call it the Potbellied Pig in our posts. It has gotten me and the Littlest_Hkr to many a cache. I had people on jeep tours down in Sedona, AZ surprised to see me where they tread. It isn't what you got, it is how you use it I told them. They laughed.

Mine is a '79 Toyota Corolla wagon my parents bought new. Only 289,000 miles on it, goes just about everywhere!

That sounds so cool. I had an '81 Tercel when i was 18 (1995). It got hit and i eventually got rid of it. I missed it so much 2 years ago i went looking for another. They are so hard to find. I eventually got an '82 but it was a 2 dr auto and i wanted a 4 dr. manual. I had to travel form Ohio to Long Island, NY to get it. I settled but it only had 76K on it. We drive it everywhere.

I would love any 70's model Toyota. If you have any pics i would love to see them!

- I had an '88 corolla with 280K+ and i let my brother borrow it. He gave it to his MIL in Mexico. I am still pretty upset about it.

I wish I could say I drive a cool SUV, but generally, the kids and I take my 1996 Oldsmobile Aurora. It gets around pretty good, and since I live in a fairly flat rural area, most of the caches are in a nearby city or in areas I can park and walk to. Sometimes I am lucky enough to use my husband's 1994 Ford F350 diesel (kind of nice for the back roads after it rains). We have one set of caches where I had to borrow both the truck AND my husband (so he could navigate the steep, narrow, rutted, muddy road you have to take to the area). They were cool caches though. I'd like to do more caching with my husband, but he just doesn't get into the kind of caching we have here -- now the ones in Colorado and Wyoming, in the mountains, those are our favorite kind!

I drive a 1998 Dodge Caravan with about 90,000 miles on it. It is slowly being the official cache mobile in my home... until I can get my wife to allow me to get the Jeep Commander that I want.

If get lucky and convince the wife that I really need it, then I drive HER 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited that has right around 10,000 miles on it.

1984cj7.jpg

I just got this for father's day. looking forward to geocaching in it.

And all I got was a trekking pole! I need to talk to my kids! :o

This was from my wife, not from my kid :laughing:

Okay, I need to talk to my wife! :rolleyes:

Just kidding ..... I'm actually quite proud of my trekking pole. :ph34r:

2007 Opel Zafire. It's not sold in the US. It's under the name of Vauxhall in the UK.

It's a 7 seater that has the last 2 seats folding down when not in use. Fits a family of 4 and a big dog rather nicely, good clearance from the road, and gets decent mileage, close to 30mpg (.79l/10 km) if hubby is doing the math right!

gallery_main3.jpg

I love our Zafira! We've put about 15k km (close to 10k miles) on it since buying it in December! :lol: vroom vroom!

Now, kind folks, kwitcherbichin' about the cost of gas there! I'd about KILL for cheap gas! It recently hit 12 crowns per liter here, there are 3.78 liters to the gallon and the crown vs dollar is 6.8kr to the dollar... soooo... we're paying... 6.67 bucks per gallon! It costs me about 100 bucks to fill our car and I fill it at least 3 times a month! (Oh Lord, why did I do that math.... I was so much better living in bliss with only in kronor and not converting it back to dollars :lol: )

After continually scraping the underneath of my Peugeot 406 and getting through 3 exhausts in 2 years I decided to get something with a bit more ground clearance :lol::lol:

I went for this cheap and cheerful Rav4

album_pic.jpg

Cheap to buy and fairly cheap to run @ 29.5mpg (better than the Peugeot :lol: )

I'm planning to use it for a long distance camping trip over a few weeks in the summer (if the rain ever stops!!!)

Edited by Nediam