Some people...

ArtieD

I cruise around eBay just now and I see...among other things...

This auction for the LE edition of crake's Symbology coin.

I have read many times about people being unable to buy coins they want because others buy up tons of a certain coin only to sell on eBay for high prices.

I know it isn't technically wrong...but it just bugs me, ya know? I barely have my LE Symbology set in hand today and I see them up on auction ending son...

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Ok, this I don't get. Everytime I come in here and complain about the sad state (IMO) of geocoins these days I get hammered with responses of:

- If people didn't want them, they'd quit being made

- It's basic economics: supply and demand

- etc.

My biggest gripe is with people who have come in here soley to make money off others. Meaning that they have little or no cache finds, and aren't active cachers - just folks seeing the opportuity to make a quick buck here. In fact, without naming names there are a couple of people who come to mind that fit this to a tee - they've come in to make coins, don't really cache, but have been embraced by some folks in this community.

So my question is: How is this any different?

Then again, maybe it wasn't you complaining about the other things......... :laughing:

I can't come in here and say I don't and have never sold a coin on Ebay. However, I feel your pain. I had one person tell me they couldn't possibly trade me a coin they had boughts lots of. Why you might ask? I quote:

"We generally don't trade "new" coins we have just purchased,because we don't know their value yet. we think this coin is going to be a BIG one."

Where did the coin I needed end up? Yep, Ebay. Did I ever get one? Nope. I was grumpy for a day or two, but I moved on. This person and I don't trade anymore, and I get up each day the same way.

Different strokes for different folks.

Ok, this I don't get. Everytime I come in here and complain about the sad state (IMO) of geocoins these days I get hammered with responses of:

- If people didn't want them, they'd quit being made

- It's basic economics: supply and demand

- etc.

My biggest gripe is with people who have come in here soley to make money off others. Meaning that they have little or no cache finds, and aren't active cachers - just folks seeing the opportuity to make a quick buck here. In fact, without naming names there are a couple of people who come to mind that fit this to a tee - they've come in to make coins, don't really cache, but have been embraced by some folks in this community.

So my question is: How is this any different?

Then again, maybe it wasn't you complaining about the other things......... :laughing:

Well, now that you mention it...you're right. I have seen many of the same names pop in here with their newest coin creation and people gobble it up, regardless of its artistic merit or relation to caching.

It does bug me that people seemingly make coins purely to profit from others. It also bugs me to see people selling coins to other cachers at a vastly inflated rate.

At one caching event I recently attended there was an individual who was selling coins such as crake's Astrolabes and others for twice what they cost from crake himself. I perused his inventory and I had many of the coins he had for sale and he was clearly profiting from fellow cachers at this event. In many of the cases, the profit margin was 50% to over 100%

To me, that was tacky. I know a little profit should be expected, but it should be just that: a little profit, not up to and even above 100% profit.

This is yet another tangent to the discussion...I could go on, but I'd like to hear other's thoughts...

To me, that was tacky. I know a little profit should be expected, but it should be just that: a little profit, not up to and even above 100% profit.

This is yet another tangent to the discussion...I could go on, but I'd like to hear other's thoughts...

As has been said before, it's what the market will bear. And what coin it is. If someone had a LFD Geo-bone on sale for twice what LFD charged I'd grab it in a second because it's worth it to me, and on e* they go for many times that. If someone puts a coin on e*, it goes to someone for whatever they're willing to pay for it.

I haven't sold any geocoins in auction yet, but I plan to. As others have said it's how some people finance their collections. Right now my coin collection is probably the most valuable thing in my room, and expanding it while I'm a student uses money I should be saving for other things. If I have a Compass Rose coin it'd probably be hard to find someone willing to do a 2-for-1 trade for it, but if I auction it maybe I can make enough to buy 2 new coins I'm after. When you have limited income, that's pretty tempting.

I have a few I thought about putting on ebay to raise money for a program my sister started at collage called S.T.E.P. (Students To End Poverty). They help people with things such as meals on wheels, clothing for the poor, and so on. But I wouldn't sell one that I got for a gift or for a trade. That to me wouldn't be fair. I think if the money is going to a good cause then bid if not then don't. Just in my eyes. I don't buy tons of the coins just to resale on ebay. I buy at the most of 3 coins. 1 for me and 1 or 2 for trades. But donations are kinda slim right now for the S.T.E.P. program and think I could try to help with selling the few coins I have.

But I do find funny that people will post a coin on ebay saying Sold Out when they are still being sold on a site. And people sometimes pay triple what it cost to just go to the site and buy them. Just because most newbys like me don't really know where to find the coins. Now I know and check to see if they are being sold on a site.

As has been said before, it's what the market will bear. And what coin it is. If someone had a LFD Geo-bone on sale for twice what LFD charged I'd grab it in a second because it's worth it to me, and on e* they go for many times that. If someone puts a coin on e*, it goes to someone for whatever they're willing to pay for it.

I haven't sold any geocoins in auction yet, but I plan to. As others have said it's how some people finance their collections. Right now my coin collection is probably the most valuable thing in my room, and expanding it while I'm a student uses money I should be saving for other things. If I have a Compass Rose coin it'd probably be hard to find someone willing to do a 2-for-1 trade for it, but if I auction it maybe I can make enough to buy 2 new coins I'm after. When you have limited income, that's pretty tempting.

I can buy your reasoning...you're a collector working with twhat you have. The ones that bother me are the ones with hundreds of coins that still sell them for lots of profit...or the ones that will buy 10-20 of a certain high-demand coin just to put them up for auction to rake in the $$$.

Those that buy a lot to sell at auction are unscrupulous in my eyes. Take the 2007 Compass Rose coins, for example...I know of at least two people that bought a lot of each metal and turning around and selling them on eBay...thereby depriving someone like you or I (no where close to being well-to-do) the chance to buy the coin at the regular rate.

5 Cents more...So I was looking at ebay,just to see what people are now asking for my coin,,and I see them selling a metal that was not even made...Hows this happen...Iam guessing they are the samples I never got...Any ideas.....

Who did you go through to have your coin minted?

I've sometimes wondered why the designer/maker of coins don't withold several dozens od coins and slowly meter them out on ebay at cost for many months. People that 'can't' find a coin and go there should be able to find it. It would also (IMO) decrease possible profits from people trying to hawk them for 2x,3x, etc what it orignally cost.

I've sometimes wondered why the designer/maker of coins don't withold several dozens od coins and slowly meter them out on ebay at cost for many months. People that 'can't' find a coin and go there should be able to find it. It would also (IMO) decrease possible profits from people trying to hawk them for 2x,3x, etc what it orignally cost.

In order to make the Friends of Caching affordable for those who pre-orderedt them I'm having to order 300 of them. I sold 150 in pre-orders. The rest will be eBay and the local community via the Greenways Newsletter. IF they hit eBay I have no plans of having that be the best deal on the coin. More money for the greenway and I can pay back the 150 coins I'm going to subsidize sooner.

I have been wrestling with responding to this post and similar ones in the past, but thought I would go ahead and dive right in. I hope I do not hit the bottom of the pool.

There are many interesting ideals regarding geocoins. People have some strong feelings about these bits of metal and what is right and wrong regarding them. Geocoin etiquette is evolving.

I sell geocoins on the e place and also have done so at events. My objectives are several. It finances my collection. I do not and probably never will have as many geocoins in my collection as many who visit this forum. But I have many and I treasure them all. I will trade with anyone and have made many trades. I never sell coins I have acquired in trades, because they usually go into my collection as a unique item. They are even more special when they come from the maker.

I have minted some geocoins and sold and traded them to build my collection and also to serve my other objective. That objective is to release activated geocoins in caches for other geocachers to find. I am a geocacher myself and really get a charge out of finding geocoins, Travel Bugs and personal signature items in caches. I almost always leave a geocoin or signature item in the caches I visit. Arthur & Trillian has found a couple and has purchased and activated a couple.

I love to geocache, but have limited mobility. I am old and lame. I admire the adventurous and strong geocachers who go after those 4-5 terrain caches like kealia does. Ah to be young again. I just plod along and cache when I can. I did a few yesterday after work in Wichita. I left geocoins in most of them. People get giddy when they find them. I had 95 emails tonight when I got home from people logging my coins and caches. They are fun to read.

I like to place geocaches too. I set out five today along I35 on my way home from Wichita for all those who travel through Kansas to allow them to make quick stops along the way. They should be published soon. Every one of them has a geocoin as a FTF prize. I have not placed as many caches proportional to my finds as islander1988 has. Many of those are puzzles. Fortunately my wife is very good at puzzles and helps me out. I think we would both be challenged by some of islander1988's caches.

I work on straight commission and enjoy sales. I try hard not to make a profit selling geocoins, because I do not want to pay taxes. It is a great challenge. People will bid some of these coins up to very high prices. It is important to me to give good service and provide greater value than expected to my customers. That philosophy has always worked well in my business and now with the geocoins. If I make more profits, then I make and buy more coins to add to my collection and release into the wild. The final objective at the end of the year is to report zero income so I do not have to pay taxes. I keep accurate records and pay all my taxes. I cannot afford to do otherwise. You do not sell thousands of items on that e place and get 100% positive feedback always forever by doing anything less than giving total satisfaction. I have sent out duplicate coins, bonus coins and issued refunds if I even think someone is not 100% ecstatic about their transaction. The person who listed the coin that started this discussion is the same way. He has over 740 items with 100% positive feedback. I have sold him coins myself. He is also a geocacher, but by another name from what he uses on the e place, like me. He/she is an honorable person.

Sorry to be so long. :laughing:

Edited by larry739

I made my first coin last year and sold 2 on Ebay and traded the rest and sold to cachers...my beef is that people bought 3 or 4 from me and turned around and sold them....that bothered me....so my next coin will be trade only..and only ONE coin per person...maybe that way they won't end up on ebay...I'm not holding my breath, but at least maybe it won't be the NEXT day that they are on there. (the new coin will hopefully be out in the next month or so...stay tuned)

I made my first coin last year and sold 2 on Ebay and traded the rest and sold to cachers...my beef is that people bought 3 or 4 from me and turned around and sold them....that bothered me....so my next coin will be trade only..and only ONE coin per person...maybe that way they won't end up on ebay...I'm not holding my breath, but at least maybe it won't be the NEXT day that they are on there. (the new coin will hopefully be out in the next month or so...stay tuned)

Tank Hounds, Get a hold of me when your trade only comes out. I also have a trade only and would like to set up a trade with you.

No offense intended to anyone who sells their personal coin. I know when I have mine made I will be selling some also. But if you are selling something should you be offended if the person who buys it resells it?? If everyone bought only one of your coin how long would it take you to sell enough to pay for having it made? Would it help you if you sold less coins? I hope when I make my coin everyone buys 3 or 4 and if they want to sell them on e-bay they have every right to do so - then I won't have to!! I do sell some coins on e-bay. As a single mother of 3 who places all of my geocoins in caches I buy a few extra to trade or sell and hope that what I sell pays for what I place. Trust me, it's a wash or a loss by the time it's all said and done!! Sometimes I make a profit, sometimes a good profit and sometimes I take a loss. It's a risk. I personally would never sell a trade only coin. But if I buy something that is for public sale I think that whom ever I bought it from would be glad that I subsidized their personal coin, not worrying about what I do with that coin after I pay for it. Just my opinion...............

They will, most probably, still end up on EBAY...One of our trade only coins was up before the other person had even MAILED his end of the trade. He said he wanted to take care of his "paying customers" first :laughing:

DARN! We just noticed this thread,you guys are talking about us!!

Since the listing mentioned is ours,we feel the need to respond.

We can't apoligize for buying coins as anyone else is allowed to.

We add to our collection,and offer the rest for sale.If you notice,we list our coins 2 bucks

above our cost.This barely covers listing costs Etc.If people happen to bid more than we have it listed for,then we made a profit.WOO HOO! We by no means become rich from this.

As far as being active cachers,we still the best we can,but recent tragedies in our family have limited our ability to go hunting.Life does sometimes throw in roadblocks.

We are still approaching 500,and hope to make Geowoodstock that milestone.

If we do not have a coin on our trading list,don't be upset if we do not trade it yet.

Yes, sometimes we make a profit,but a lot of times we take a loss.

There are even folks that won't sell to us because we may make a profit.(But they don't mind when we help them get rid of the coins they did not sell.)

We REALLY love the folks that get our order early,but,claim to run out when THEY start making bucks.

Some of you folks know how honorable we try to be,and thanks for the kind words.We never sell any coin given,or traded to us.

Also,we have donated to most of the causes that come up on these threads.

BTW,we have NEVER had a complaint.

We will now remove ourselves from the soapbox!LOL!

Just our .99 cents worth!

I wont ever complain about someones 'number' of caches.

I know with us, we have a fair amount with little travel being a possibility... and, we cache with a now three year old - which means:

We are limited on caching hours.

We are limited on caching days.

We are limited on caching locations.

After all, its just a hobby - we do this for fun, and arent keeping score, and honestly, we view geocoins and collecting as something fun we can do thats caching related when we cant actually be out caching.

Ive been reading the thread with mixed feelings and opinions. I cant get too bent out of shape, since, for us - its just all in fun. I cant take it too seriously.

I do value the coins we trade, but, I would buy a personal coin, or any coin, on ebay if I saw one I wanted. Dont know if that makes me any 'better' than the person selling it.

It is funny and scarey in another way, how so many people in the coin world here have so many medical problems that stop them from caching. I am starting to think there is something in the enamel causing this. Seems everyone who can't, or doesn't cache, but has the time to spend hours upon hours in the forums and creating, selling, releasing new coins. Then people feel the need to drag their drama about their personal life here as some sort of excuse for why they have stopped caching and become a coin generating machine. And yet they are embraced as being these sweet loveable people when the are just here making money off of the true cachers. Everyone needs to take a step back and look at the big picture. This is a place about caching, not former, or a couple times cacher, who is now a coin minter. We have had people swear they were taking a break and not making any new coins only to come back in less than 2 weeks with a new coin project. Folks, this place is for caches and their GeoCoins.

Lets put the GEO back into GeoCoin!

I buy a few extra to trade or sell and hope that what I sell pays for what I place. Trust me, it's a wash or a loss by the time it's all said and done!! Sometimes I make a profit, sometimes a good profit and sometimes I take a loss. It's a risk. I personally would never sell a trade only coin. But if I buy something that is for public sale I think that whom ever I bought it from would be glad that I subsidized their personal coin, not worrying about what I do with that coin after I pay for it. Just my opinion...............

Pretty close to how I feel about coins that are commercially sold.

I too buy 2-4. I sell some on eBay to pay for what I keep, what I launch as travelers & their buddy tags, and also to buy the next commercially sold coin that's available. Sometimes I make money and sometimes I give the dang things away at a loss. Ebay is a crap shoot.

I don't buy 10 to 20 of anything. I also don't feel that my buying or selling behavior keeps anyone from not being able to purchase new coins as they are released for sale. You don't have to like the secondary market (eBay), but the reality is that it fuels the primary market (all the people who sell their personal coins to fund/subsidize the coin's production). Without it, selling a coin edition wouldn't be anywhere near as easy or as quick.

This has been argued many times here before, but the bottom line is that if you sell it, you have no business complaining about what people do with what they purchased.

It is funny and scarey in another way, how so many people in the coin world here have so many medical problems that stop them from caching. I am starting to think there is something in the enamel causing this. Seems everyone who can't, or doesn't cache, but has the time to spend hours upon hours in the forums and creating, selling, releasing new coins. Then people feel the need to drag their drama about their personal life here as some sort of excuse for why they have stopped caching and become a coin generating machine. And yet they are embraced as being these sweet loveable people when the are just here making money off of the true cachers. Everyone needs to take a step back and look at the big picture. This is a place about caching, not former, or a couple times cacher, who is now a coin minter. We have had people swear they were taking a break and not making any new coins only to come back in less than 2 weeks with a new coin project. Folks, this place is for caches and their GeoCoins.

Lets put the GEO back into GeoCoin!

I agree, lets put the geocoin back in the geocache, not drop them into some cache high in Tibet or some other silly thing ;)

I say that tongue in cheek, do whatever you want, just don't chastise others for doing what they think is ok, when your practices may seem ludicrous, or unscrupulous to them. I was planning a trip to Tibet to mountain climb, and had that one on my list :sad:

PS

I was going to make a Tibet mountain climbing coin in 12 metals to commemorate the event, I will have to rethink that as well ;)

I agree that it's frustrating to see a coin being sold before you have received your copy. But it's just that - your copy. Once they are out in the world there's no control of them any more and you can even do with yours what you wish. If the original owner made a special request of you, it's up to you to honor that request or not.

I also agree that it's wrong for someone to claim falsely that they have no more of the coin they are selling and then come up with more for an auction. It's even harder to understand when they originally say it's a run of a fixed number then they end up having more. Why not just be up front with what the plans are? Is it that difficult?

Not stirring the pot, or wanting to stray off topic...

Just wondering - do you have to be a geocacher to enjoy geocoins? I've heard this on several occasions and would like help in understanding. Why does it need to be so exclusive? People in more sedentary <sp> situations find hobbies in which they can participate in their situation. That's why you'll see more of them participating in coin or stamp collecting that running marathons. If caching isn't supposed to be about the numbers to some, does that mean they don't want coins to be about money? What about vendors and the mints? Do they need to be geocachers, too? If so, how many finds should they have before they are allowed to make a coin? Should the find be verified so we all know as a community they aren't padding their numbers to make a profit? Can any of the finds be micros? what about difficulty/terrain ratings - are there minimums for different design eligibility?

Come on ... if people have that much time to investigate what others are involved in and their activities, why not make more coins of their own since they're really the geocacher? Sure, take a look at someone's past selling history, be an informed consumer. Let the seller's history dictate whether or not someone should do business with them. But just because someone isn't a cacher means they shouldn't be selling coins? Why is there always someone or a group who wants to tell others what is the "right" way to do something that's so inconsequential?

If I give someone a gift or sell them something, or if I have a yard sale, or if I donate things to goodwill or whatever, I relinquish my right of claim to it. I have way too many other things to worry about than to track everything I've ever passed on to others.

I've always thought that one of the greatest things about geocaching was that there were as many ways to play the game as there are people involved with it. If someone plays any aspect (hiding/find/coins, etc) differently than I do, it has no effect on how or what I do...I just enjoy the aspects I enjoy and avoid the ones I don't.

Now...let's all hold hand and sing Kumbaya.... ;)

I understand the frustration of some in this thread, but I also understand sometime ebay is the place to go to sell coins. I am currently involved in an event that has coins. One of the LE run coins had a rather attractive error and will be listed on ebay as an ultra-LE to raise money for next year's event.

We are listing it before the event (and to forstall any comments, we NEVER have said the event coins were exculsively for event attenders; we will sell coins here or on ebay if we have any left over.) I'm hoping it does very well.

I think it is tacky when a coin company sells a coin on ebay before they put it in their cart. I understand wanting to beat others to the punch, but honestly, shouldn't they be selling it as a "buy now"?

Why is it that a "buy it now" is not used more?

Two reasons. The first is that it costs more to set up an auction that way. The second is that you really need to know what the coins will sell for. Then you can set a price that is reasonable. If you miss the mark the coin won't sell and you are out money for nothing.

I think it is tacky when a coin company sells a coin on ebay before they put it in their cart. I understand wanting to beat others to the punch, but honestly, shouldn't they be selling it as a "buy now"?

Two reasons. The first is that it costs more to set up an auction that way. The second is that you really need to know what the coins will sell for. Then you can set a price that is reasonable. If you miss the mark the coin won't sell and you are out money for nothing.

Disagree. The Buy it now price should be the price that it will sell for in your online coin store ($7-$10), plus your Ebay fees. What it will sell for on Ebay should not be indicitive of how much you can milk out of your customers there first. ;)

For that matter, if you have to sell it first on Ebay, you should probably eat the fees, since the time constraint is so important . . .

Disagree. The Buy it now price should be the price that it will sell for in your online coin store ($7-$10), plus your Ebay fees. What it will sell for on Ebay should not be indicitive of how much you can milk out of your customers there first. ;)

For that matter, if you have to sell it first on Ebay, you should probably eat the fees, since the time constraint is so important . . .

I totally disagree here.

Any coin company that sells a coin first on Ebay shouldn't really affect us, the regular coin buyers. We still know where to get it at the regular price. If you can't wait until the regular sale kicks off, that is nobody's fault but your own.

I see no reason why a coin manufacturer should be limited to using a BIN price equal to their normal selling price. Why should they have to sit back and sell us the coin, and let us reap all the profits off of Ebay? Are they strictly there to provide us with a service. (i.e. Cheap coins for us to make money off of?)

No, they are in business to make money, and if they want to take the time to list coins on Ebay before the rest of the world can make money off the coins, well then, that is within their rights.

I honestly don't believe they should be limited to using the BIN price, overall. It's the early sales before anyone else can get one where I draw that line. Some people will see that coin, think it's the only way to get it, and get hosed. And yes, there are those of us that are smart enough to steer clear, but I think we're the minority, IMHO. If they don't make enough money off their normal coin sales, they are in the wrong business.

After they open the sale to anyone, heck, I hope they get $100 per coin, just like everyone else. You can't fault them for that.

If you don't like the cost, don't buy on ebay.

Nobody OWES you a geocoin. Sometimes you won't be able to get one with terms you like. That's the way of things.

As long as people just absolutely *MUST* have a coin, people will sell them.

As for profit, well, profit makes the world go round. You don't have to like it, but I, for one, can't blame anyone making a profit on this stuff. Again, if you don't like someone's price, nothing forces you to pay it.

...Disagree. The Buy it now price should be the price that it will sell for in your online coin store ($7-$10), plus your Ebay fees. What it will sell for on Ebay should not be indicitive of how much you can milk out of your customers there first. ;) ...

If you are a state group or a person handling the state coin release via eBay that's fair. That method was popular about a year ago.

I was talking about the aftermarket.

...Disagree. The Buy it now price should be the price that it will sell for in your online coin store ($7-$10), plus your Ebay fees. What it will sell for on Ebay should not be indicitive of how much you can milk out of your customers there first. ;) ...

If you are a state group or a person handling the state coin release via eBay that's fair. That method was popular about a year ago.

I was talking about the aftermarket.

Fair enough. It's just that Mama Cache's post was in regards to coin companies doing it pre-market :sad: One crazy reply leads to another . . . ;)

snip... If they don't make enough money off their normal coin sales, they are in the wrong business.

...snip

What exactly do you consider "Normal coins sales"?

Does that mean vendors should only be allowed to sell from their online stores?

Shouldn't they be allowed to use Ebay to their best advantage? If they choose to sell coins on Ebay before they have them in their store...should that be against the "rules"?

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not just sticking up for a slight against any one vendor. This is applied to all vendors...

Don't you think they have the right to make as much money as possible?

I got half way through this discussion and found myself getting bored with many of you arguing the same agruement, but just wording it diffrently in every instance.

I personaly have no issue with anyone buying quantities of coins and then reselling them in any fashion, so long as there where no conditions placed on the purchase as like in a sales agreement and the buyer violating the sales agreement.

I am in the final stages of having our coin minted (hopefully this week) and can't wait to see how how coin fares on the E place. I have found myself buying coins on there, and will continue to do so for good causes such as support for someone in need etc. I recall the ladycacher auctions and a new one recently for a young lady with a head injury.

What you do with your coins is each and everyone own business, and if you don't like it restrict your sales with sales agreeements, or don't go to the Eplace less an less people buying will soon restrict the cost of coins there as well. It is buyer demand that depicts how many coins are sold.

That is just my two coins worth on this.

In order to make the Friends of Caching affordable for those who pre-orderedt them I'm having to order 300 of them. I sold 150 in pre-orders. The rest will be eBay and the local community via the Greenways Newsletter. IF they hit eBay I have no plans of having that be the best deal on the coin. More money for the greenway and I can pay back the 150 coins I'm going to subsidize sooner.

Its your creation do what you want with it. My point is it may possible to discourage people who would re-sale the coin for twice what it cost the day after the coin is 'sold out'. I honestly think less people would try and do such things if resale at a profit was a 6-12 month (or more) venture, rather than 1-3.

snip... If they don't make enough money off their normal coin sales, they are in the wrong business.

...snip

What exactly do you consider "Normal coins sales"?

Does that mean vendors should only be allowed to sell from their online stores?

Shouldn't they be allowed to use Ebay to their best advantage? If they choose to sell coins on Ebay before they have them in their store...should that be against the "rules"?

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not just sticking up for a slight against any one vendor. This is applied to all vendors...

Don't you think they have the right to make as much money as possible?

Normal coin sales = sales from their registered geocoin website/store :sad:

Nope, they shouldn't just be forced to sell from there ;)

Agreed, all vendors are included in this discussion ;)

My opinion is, coins before they are up for sale, not cool.

Now the sticky part. There are no written rules, just implied ways to do business. The question of advantage becomes grey, depending on who gets stroked in the process. You know, ends justifies the means, etc. blah blah blah ;) They are certainly in business to make money, and I can't fault them for that. But, for example, one Ebay BUYER spends over $1000 a week on geocoins (every week since December) :huh: , some of them still for sale at a fraction of the Ebay cost. If I were that person, I would probably keel over when I found out that knowledge. (which I can't believe they haven't already)

I guess it's another matter of agree to disagree. Some people really dig Ebay selling, some don't. I'll be in the latter boat :P