Caching Transport

As a random though and with the price of fule, Proposed road charging etc. what would Peoples Ideal caching transport be.

It might have a bit to do they type of caches you do and location.

The 850 is ok for caching if a bit heavy on fule and gets to most locations.

Saying that it can also tow the van well for events.

Adrian.

<brag mode on>:laughing:

What I have now. A company car and fuel card :ph34r:

</brag mode off>

Don't care as long as it gets me from A to B but the way things are looking at work it might be a push iron(1) this summer. :laughing:

1. push iron

As I can only afford to run one car.... almost by definition, it has to be a bit of a compromise. My current bolide is a Peugeot 406 estate car with a 2 litre turbo diesel engine. Love it to bits but I really would like the 2.7 litre V6 diesel... over 200bhp and enough torque to pull a Land Rover backwards :laughing::laughing:

I'm lucky enough to have the perfect summer caching transport:

healey-arch2.jpg

or when it's back on the road next spring, there's this:

garage.jpg

For wet weather there's my faithful 620si ®over (2ltr Honda Civic in a frock), and for canal series I have a mountain bike... Choice is a good thing :laughing:

My fantasy list's quite short: Helicopters are dangerous, hovercraft don't steer well, you can't take a Lotus Elise down a muddy rutted byway and jetpacks don't have the range. I would like a campervan to get to more places; perhaps with a Zike (electric bike) on the back.

I want to by picked up and carried from cache to cache by half a dozen semi naked and freshly oiled up Chippendales please
Slippery furniture? Wouldn't that be rather slow?
oh deary deary me, how sad
His joke, or your sexist request? :laughing:

There could be the magic carpett between the caches with the Lady(s) of your choice

clad appropatley for a flight on the magic carpett.

Or TARDIS with asistant of your choice.

Alibags being carried like a queen in her sholder mounted carage by the Chipendales. would be a way of making an arrivle at a milestone cache.

Lets expand this thread it might not be pratical transport but anything goes if you would like it list it.

Just think of the records youcould hold if you coul cache by tardis. moust caches found at the same time. Current record is 2 i think. Duplicate caches where the origioal gets found after being lost. along with the replacement. Does that count as 2 finds ?

Enjoy

Adrian.

My current mode of transport

Arriva%20Bus.jpg

My realistic ideal transport would be the turbo diesel Landrover discovery :anibad:

There are always half-track vehicles - no terrain too awkward, and FTF at driveby caches would take on a new meaning although you might lose all your caching friends as they grow concerned at your 'alternative interests'...ummm...OK then, perhaps not :blink::ph34r::ph34r:

32.jpg

As I can only afford to run one car.... almost by definition, it has to be a bit of a compromise. My current bolide is a Peugeot 406 estate car with a 2 litre turbo diesel engine.... <snip>

I was in almost the same situation as Pharisee except my 406 was the 2.0 petrol turbo. It was nice and comfy and the aircon was a great bonus. Trouble was I kept ripping the underneath the pieces! I got through several exhausts, ruined the front front bumper and put numerous dents into the sills and floor! :ph34r:

Had decided to go the same way as "pirate matt" and get a VW van and convert it to a simple camper. After months of looking I couldn't find one for the price I wanted to pay so had to pick something else. :ph34r:

In the end I compromised and bought a lightweight 4X4, lots of ground clearance and nice and cheap :anibad:

The 2.0 petrol engine should be reasonable on fuel and the acceleration is loads better than the big diesel engines. :blink: (used it the other day for my first trip in months, went very well :ph34r: )

I want to by picked up and carried from cache to cache by half a dozen semi naked and freshly oiled up Chippendales please

Can someone organise Handel's, 'Entrance of the Queen of Sheba' for Alibags as she enters either this saturdays bash at Winkwell or the following days at Goring

Edited by 2202

Can someone organise Handel's, 'Entrance of the Queen of Sheba' for Alibags as she enters either this saturdays bash at Winkwell or the following days at Goring

:ph34r::ph34r::blink:

I can e-mail an mp3 of it to any one with a CD burner who can get the disc to the meet :ph34r::anibad::ph34r:

quad.jpg

Gets dirty faster than a car

More storage than yer average posh scooter.

Power at the push of a thumb

And goes places you wouldnt take yer 4 x 4

I LOVE IT me rusty steed

:ph34r::blink::ph34r:

Hey Moss.... I see you've got the optional long range fuel tank fitted. Does that mean you'll be heading south for a pint of shandy any time soon :anibad:

Edited by Pharisee

quad.jpg

I LOVE IT me rusty steed

<_<B)B)

Hey Moss.... I see you've got the optional long range fuel tank fitted. Does that mean you'll be heading south for a pint of shandy any time soon :huh:

Sorry marra Don't do sooth of Gatesheed.. summit t do with the beer B)

An a merry Crimbones to you my friend :P

Edited by Moss Trooper

quad.jpg

I LOVE IT me rusty steed

<_<B)B)

Hey Moss.... I see you've got the optional long range fuel tank fitted. Does that mean you'll be heading south for a pint of shandy any time soon :huh:

Sorry marra Don't do sooth of Gatesheed.. summit t do with the beer B)

An a merry Crimbones to you my friend B)

Anas yer will remember.. it's beer I put in tank cos of the alcohol content from wor good ole brewed up ere brew :P

Slippery furniture? Wouldn't that be rather slow?
oh deary deary me, how sad
His joke, or your sexist request? :laughing:

Shame I don't have any pictures of me and semi naked oiled up blokes to post up in this thread.... like you normally do SP. Okay, in your case it's women... but talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!! Yeah, right!

2202: Can someone organise Handel's, 'Entrance of the Queen of Sheba' for Alibags as she enters either this saturdays bash at Winkwell or the following days at Goring

Not at the Goring event, cos they will be playing the Tarzan theme in my honour! :D:laughing::D (must remember to have my leopardskin loincloth dry cleaned in time)

Back on topic ... my preferred mode of caching travel is, of course, a jungle vine, but there don't seem to be many of them about so the GeoBus has to do instead :D

geobus.gif

Edited by Jungle Goddess