The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

AHHH! I drove by one of the caches a couple hours before TGF hit the cache. Now I am over 100 miles away and will work for 24 hours. Dang the luck. Good luck to those who found one.

Don't you feel a headache coming on - or do you feel like the flu is starting to take hold of you? LOL - it's just 100 miles. Darn your luck - maybe everyone else is out o town and haven't seen TGF's post yet. I hope you get anther chance.

oh my stars...it was my lucky night last night and it pays to be a night owl LOL I saw the log come thru on two different caches (one of them mine) and bingo I was out the door in a flash in the cache closest to me!!! Granted I am much bigger and heavier than the Geocoin Fairy but I wasted no time in getting there!! Geocoin Fairy...thank you for brightening our great state!! I see you hit it here and about a couple hours away from here too....good luck Mr. Exp3...hope you get to it in time...and back you to TGF....well.....You are just simply wonderful with all your kindness around the world....and we think the world of you!!! Thanks so much !!

LD and the boys :D<_<:D<_<

oh my stars...it was my lucky night last night and it pays to be a night owl LOL I saw the log come thru on two different caches (one of them mine) and bingo I was out the door in a flash in the cache closest to me!!! Granted I am much bigger and heavier than the Geocoin Fairy but I wasted no time in getting there!! Geocoin Fairy...thank you for brightening our great state!! I see you hit it here and about a couple hours away from here too....good luck Mr. Exp3...hope you get to it in time...and back you to TGF....well.....You are just simply wonderful with all your kindness around the world....and we think the world of you!!! Thanks so much !!

LD and the boys :D<_<<_<:D

Congrat's LD, you deserve a GCF for all the things you do that go unrecognized!

~tsun B)

YEEEEEOW! The Geocoin Fairy is in Cali again droppin her Fairyfull goodness around again!!!!!!

Although she hasnt made her way up here in beautiful Mountainous, Redwood tree covered, Coastal Northern Cali where its Perfect weather for Fairy travels :laughing::blink: ... I would like to take a moment to congrat all of the lucky Fairy finders of the Golden state and beyond!!!...and would also like to say..."Thats one nice coin ya got there!!!" :huh:

Im tellin ya Fairy...You aint cached till ya cached BigD Sylee! :huh:...We'll see ya soon! :o

LD and the boys :):laughing::D:wub:

I just got home from work and I know who found the one I was talking about. I received a call about 4:30p and was told it was in the hands of someone who found the cache after I called a friend to check on it. They were going to trade but the geocoin was so cool they are keeping it. Now I want one even more. Dang work.

Congrats to those who have found them and thank you to The Geocoin Fairy for the fun and excitement.

WOW - here in Illinois -but it's over 4 1/2 hours to get there. We have to be at Boy scout camp tomorrow at 6:00AM. I could almost do it - if everyone would just promise to not grab it before I got there and there was a big neon sign showing where its hidden (No time to search)The police would probably understand a little speeding if I told them it was for a special coin. Do I dare ...........better not. If they're still there tomorrow night I will kick myself in the tush.

Howdy!

WHOOO HOOO! An Illinois drop! TWO of them even! The CGF must have liked the Strawberry Daquiri's I left out!

We hit "Mountaineering Illinois Style" - well... I guess I should tell the WHOLE story...

We were home, awaiting a guest who was coming by to see the pups. We get an email from a friend - you know who you are and THANK YOU - to let us know that Illinois was visited. (I check daily, but missed this one!)

Long story short - Jim stays home with the boy, and I and my Mother - who is a total trooper - drove 14 miles out to the cache HOPING we were the first to visit. We were first!!! I brought a special unactivated coin to trade, and made the fun trek out to the cache - which was one on my to-do list soon!! (What a bonus!)

So, mom and I headed out, and found that fairy coin!

THANKS GCF!!!!!!! We LOVE the coin - and we had a BLAST going to find it!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ad-e39cee34c862

Congrats to DD, CB, LD and all the other latest finders. I was no sooner back from vaca and I was out on a business trip again. Now, i'm trying to get all caught up on the forums again. Glad to see many new finders. Hoping to be visited by the Geocoin Fairy too!

...Anthus

OMG. I spent today school shopping with my daughters. I came home at 6:45 pm pretty tired from walking the mall for 4 hours. I hadn't even checked my email until about 45 minutes later only to find out that GCF was at one of my caches today. The hubby said he saw it but didn't understand it -- remember he isn't the geocoin addict; I am. So I all but yelled at him for not telling me and then I told him to grab the keys that we were going on a GCF mission right now. Off we went. I didn't even take time to grab my hiking boots -- who said you cannot hike in the woods after a few days of rain in flip flops :unsure: . We got to the cache and I held my breath that the coin was still in there. So, Mr. Anthus opened up the ammo can and yes! It was still there. We are now the proud owners of #176 AS GCF!! :unsure::unsure::unsure: We left an unactivated Laptop geocoin for the next finder of the cache.

Thanks so much GCF!!!

gcf1.jpg

gcf2.jpg

This Geocoin Fairy is real sneaky. Has anyone wondered how they get to the member-only caches without a premium membership?

Congrats on all the recent finds.

Well, I have heard several rumors about how they can log the cache, although I have not tested them myself. As for knowing about the cache if it is a members only cache, there are several ways for that to happen, most commonly this is by having a premium member provide the information...

Howdy!

WHOOO HOOO! An Illinois drop! TWO of them even! The CGF must have liked the Strawberry Daquiri's I left out!

We hit "Mountaineering Illinois Style" - well... I guess I should tell the WHOLE story...

We were home, awaiting a guest who was coming by to see the pups. We get an email from a friend - you know who you are and THANK YOU - to let us know that Illinois was visited. (I check daily, but missed this one!)

Long story short - Jim stays home with the boy, and I and my Mother - who is a total trooper - drove 14 miles out to the cache HOPING we were the first to visit. We were first!!! I brought a special unactivated coin to trade, and made the fun trek out to the cache - which was one on my to-do list soon!! (What a bonus!)

So, mom and I headed out, and found that fairy coin!

THANKS GCF!!!!!!! We LOVE the coin - and we had a BLAST going to find it!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ad-e39cee34c862

Paula did mention that there were TWO drops in Illinois yesterday didn't she? :unsure:

Well, I was sitting at home waiting for ClickChik to get home from traveling for work (she was caching in Denver without me!). Anyway, my phone rings and it is Jim and Paula telling me about the coin drop and their find, then they tell me about the second coin dropped. I get the cache name/waypoint and start to look into it a bit. After a few minutes of discussion with Paula, she convinced me that ClickChik would not only approve of my going after this coin, but she would probably be disappointed if I didn't go as we might not have another chance to get one of these.

I had an interesting trip going to try to find one of these great coins... I was successful as can be read here: GeekBoy's log for Ridge Resurrected

I took off in such a hurry that I was starting to worry about proper trades if the GFC coin was still there once I got there. I was beginning to worry that I might have to leave my "Secret Agent" Geocoin, or maybe my "Binary coin" but I luckily had some items in my truck. I think I still owe this cache an unactivated geocoin though so when I take ClickChik back for her to log the cache I will have to drop on in then.

Rather fitting, I spent today taking ClickChik to "Stitches Midwest" which is a fiber/spinning/knitting/etc. event. The cache I went to last night was only about 5-10 miles from one of her favorite fiber stores. I hope to get some photos tomorrow...

Found one awhile back but just now am having some time to post here, sorry :unsure: A friend and I were traveling and on our way back home we stopped to do a couple caches in Hagerman Idaho. We were both shocked to discovery a Geocoin Fairy coin sitting in the first cache we visited. He stayed & guarded the cache while I ran back to the car. I was pretty sure I had an unactivated Karma geocoin in my center console & I did :unsure:

Thank you Geocoin Fairy :unsure:

Congratulations to all the recent and not so recent finders (Dorkfish!!)

This Geocoin Fairy is real sneaky. Has anyone wondered how they get to the member-only caches without a premium membership?

Congrats on all the recent finds.

Well, I have heard several rumors about how they can log the cache, although I have not tested them myself. As for knowing about the cache if it is a members only cache, there are several ways for that to happen, most commonly this is by having a premium member provide the information...

I like nielenc's idea of pixie dust!!

Well, I was just handed one of these in a very calm, cool, collected manner. In fact it was handed to me almost with an apology. My husband found it at a cache (GCMV96) near the GGA meeting. (We were learning about snakes.) As he hands it to me he says, "I don't think it has a tracking # on it, but I thought it was kind of pretty & I thought you might like it for your collection. Poor baby has no idea what he had found! He still doesn't understand, but that's OK. I do! Thanks TGF!!

On a caching trip up to Flora Mississippi on our way back stopping at the Petrified Forrest, we saw a faint sparkle in the air in the hot evening sun, and while looking through the ammobox of GCNFYX (Mississippi Petrified Forest) which was a nice and easy find, we found to our suprise the orgin for the sparkles in the air. The Geocoin Fairy must have just been there as my daughter, to her delight, found TGF's "little something" in the cache while inspecting the cache contents, it was her turn to go first in looking through the cache as she had found it first.

Her comment with a very big smile on her face: "Look daddy she is even prettier on this one, then she is on the first one we found. Thank you very much Geocoin Fairy."

f917339f-b70b-4538-b347-35eb11edb0a6.jpg

Edited by OshnDoc