2006 Shrops Cache Event - In Search Of The Grail

ForumAnnouncement.jpg

Well folks, a new season is well under way now and the annual Shropshire Camping Event is being planned. As for last year, the event will take place on the first weekend of September, Friday 1st through Sunday 3rd. However, anyone who wishes to come earlier may do so. We will probably set up on Wednesday 30th August. There will be no limit to the numbers as we have a large field dedicated to us with our own shower and WC facilities.

This year there is a difference. The event will not actually be held in Shropshire but in Denbighshire just across the border into Wales. The campsite is located adjacent to Valle Crucis Abbey, just outside Llangollen, and offers caching adventures in all directions and many other unrelated attractions. By the time of the event, we plan to have more caches placed locally.

Due to the incredible attendance at last year's event we have decided to make this an anual UK wide event (similar in nature to the American 'Geowoodstock' which travels from state to state) with future venues not confined to the Shropshire area, although the events will be held at approximately the same time of year every year. ie. The first weekend in September. The naming of this years event not only is intended to reflect the new direction but also the Arthurian connections associated (loosely:) with the Llangollen area. Since 'Arthurian connections' can be found throughout the UK so, hopefully, will be the following years' events.

Further details will be announced here annd also on a web site which is currently under construcion and, of course, the pending official cache page.

Martin & Lynn

Okay folks... a few points...

Our agreement with the C/S owner is as follows:

Per night:

£2-50 / person

£1-00 / car

No charges for dogs, tents etc.

They have a tin tent site as well but we're still checking as to wether they will be in the same field or in the caravn site proper. What I can say on this is that there are NO electric hookups in the field.

There is a well established Inn across the road (1 min walk) and we still have to check on rooms availability and cost etc. Additionally the campsite has cottages on site albeit a bit pricey. (2 people sharing... £35/head/night 4 people sharing £20/head/night)

Hi,

Last year was great and hopefully Ageinghippy and I will be there. It sounds great and a new location, like that too a new caching area for us.

I imagine it will be the 2 of us unless I can talk my daughter in to joining us and a biggish tent same as last year. We will also make some more vegatable skewers for the barbie, I think many liked that.

Cant wait.

Yorkypudding x.

After the BIG CITO event in Berkshire today and some of the conversations that ensued, it appears that some folks are considering making a bit more than a weekend out of the Shrops event. As we have already said, there is no prob with people who want to come earlier. However, it would be useful for us to know when you plan to arrive so we can make sure that the camp owners have the field set-up suitably in advance. Sooo... If you have already signed up please let us know when you plan to arrive (if you can) and likewise for anyone signing up.

Thanks,

Martin & Lynn

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the interest so far in the event. I have updated our booking sheet with all of those who have said that they are coming or who have expressed their intentions to come if they can. This sheet is posted in the gallery on the event page.

Please check and make sure that your details are correct.

Also, for others either expressing their intentions here or on the event page, could you please let us know which nights/days you intend to be there, how many you are and wether you are camping or using an aluminium shed on wheels. If the latter, will you be 'roughing it' (no electric) like the rest of us or booking yourselves into the caravan section of the camp site. (Please note we are not handling bookings for the caravan site but caravans are allowed at the rates listed on the event page in the field with everyone else).

Thanks everyone,

Martin & Lynn