The New Signal Geocoins

altosaxplayer

Quoting from the site "They're fun to collect, trade and track! Each coin is encoded with a unique geocaching.com Travel Bug tracking number. " Looks like it will have TB # of sorts.... Are you collecting icons or coins???

I think they are rather cool, and plan to try to collect each one as it comes out!

Well, I think that for the quite "hefty" price, seeing as most other coins are around 7 or 8 dollars. (Never really bought one so correct me if I'm wrong.) I like the coin design and idea, but a icon would be nice to signify the new Groundspeak coin. As I understand it though, some of the different icons with Signal the Frog on them are already taken, so a new one would have to be created.

i.e: Volunteer Geocoin

On that website there is not enough info to know what you are buying.

No where does it say it has its own icon or not. If you look at the coin it has TB1234 so it will not even have a unique prefix if you go by that. We do not even have any idea how many are being made. There could be 1000+ of these!

Caveat Emptor!

Yes. Let the buyer beware. I still think that they will be a hot item as soon as everyone finds out about them. Even though they probably will have a non-unique TB number associated with the coin, they will still be fun to trade and log just like the other coins.

In ordered 4 but I would prefer them have their own icon. I collect icons more than the coin itself.

Maybe I'm strange?

Yep, wife just verified that for me!

Mr Loggerhead :lol:

If you want, I will split the cost of the coins with you. You can have the icon and I get the coin. Sounds like a win-win to me. :ph34r:

--Marky

I don't usually respond to Coin Store questions in the forums but since there is hardly a sliver of truth in this whole thread I'll respond to some rumors.

Please don't read between the lines of any of these statements as they only mean what is written, nothing more nothing less.

- Your only receipt from the store come from PayPal, they collect your money and that is the receipt that is important. If you have a valid PayPal receipt and transaction number your sale is confirmed for the item on the receipt.

- All coins sold on our site say 4-6 weeks delivery, that is boilerplate text. Not much will take 6 weeks unless there is an unforseen problem but it can happen. They are not posted for sale until AFTER we have seen and approved a physical sample.

- None of the Signal coins have been shipped, the first shipping date has not been announced yet.

- The picture and proof say TB1234 because that is a standard fake number I use on coins. How on earth do you possible make the leap from that to saying they are all listed as travelbugs?

The site DOES show the coin with a TB1234. Doesn't a regular TB just have numbers? Maybe we will be able to track it that way. Dont know. Haven't seen many coins. Dont know all the prefixes and what they mean. Except PC. :laughing:

Of course it shows a coin with TB1234 because if we posted a real number people would be trying to log it. They have probably tried logging that one. It is a generic, fake number with no meaning beyond showing people looking at the picture where the number will be engraved.

Of course it shows a coin with TB1234 because if we posted a real number people would be trying to log it. They have probably tried logging that one. It is a generic, fake number with no meaning beyond showing people looking at the picture where the number will be engraved.

And the moral of the story is.... trackable with their own icon, right? lol!

One other question... will each month get a new icon or will all of the signal coins share the same one?

On that website there is not enough info to know what you are buying.

No where does it say it has its own icon or not. If you look at the coin it has TB1234 so it will not even have a unique prefix if you go by that. We do not even have any idea how many are being made. There could be 1000+ of these!

Caveat Emptor!

I don't usually respond to Coin Store questions in the forums but since there is hardly a sliver of truth in this whole thread I'll respond to some rumors.

Please don't read between the lines of any of these statements as they only mean what is written, nothing more nothing less.

Um.......NOT a sliver of truth in this whole thread??? Not hardly! My post is contains truth. There is not enough information on your website about this coin to know what you are getting with regards to unique prefix, special icon or the number of the minting.

So how about some answers to those questions from someone????!!!!

Here's a copy of the response I received from Ben in response to my question.

I asked "Quick question regarding the Singal series (there's a discussion about this topic on the Groundspeak forums). Will these coins have their own icon and tracking number? On the web site it appears as if these coins just get a normal 6-digit tracking number like normal travel bugs do."

His repsonse

"The Signal Geocoins will have a tracking number just like any other GC.com Trackable geocoin. They will have the prefix of SG. They are described as "Travel Bug" codes because not everyone understands that the Travelbugs and Geocoins are tracked the same way. I am sure that Groundspeak will add an icon for the coins, but I am not sure if it will be a new icon every month."

I think it is a little rediculous to ask for a different icon for every month... the basic Signal Frog that is used in our profile would be fine.

But then the subsequent month's coins would have to be cheaper then, right?

How would they justify selling the same icon every month just so people can get a new coin (or do I have that backwards?) B)

Here's a copy of the response I received from Ben in response to my question.

I asked "Quick question regarding the Singal series (there's a discussion about this topic on the Groundspeak forums). Will these coins have their own icon and tracking number? On the web site it appears as if these coins just get a normal 6-digit tracking number like normal travel bugs do."

His repsonse

"The Signal Geocoins will have a tracking number just like any other GC.com Trackable geocoin. They will have the prefix of SG. They are described as "Travel Bug" codes because not everyone understands that the Travelbugs and Geocoins are tracked the same way. I am sure that Groundspeak will add an icon for the coins, but I am not sure if it will be a new icon every month."

You are the man! Thanks for asking. Thats cool. The icon every month thing is a little extreme, one icon is cool. :)