The Definative Geocoin Series

CacheHunters42

The Definitive GeoCoin Series

Definitiveseries.jpg.w560h552.jpg

This series will go on sale 1/14/06.

Each coin will have a different finish of Gold, Silver, Copper.

Each will be trackable with a series Icon.

Please no pre-orders on this post.

Does this mean that the three coins will come in one set but each coin will be a different metal? If this is the case, it would mean only one set of three coins.

Can you confirm, please?

Just a note, but the phrase (from the main geocaching.com page) is: " The sport where You are the search engine" not "...you're..." Not sure if it's too late or if that was intentional.

We had something similar with the MD coins.... is it "Treasure On The Chesapeake" or "Treasure The Chesapeake". Quick look at a license plate cleared it up. :unsure:

Nice coins though!

:blink:

Initially I will be making 350 of each. I will make more if they sell out.

The price will be $8.50.

The Geocaching coin will be Gold

The Geocacher coin will be Silver

The Geocache coin will be Copper

Since you are willing to order more than the orginal amount, any chance you might take orders earlier for those of us that can't get to a computer on Saturday?

Does the 8.50 include shipping?  If not, that is pretty steep when they all share the same back and you will get a discount on the reorder.

Even if that includes shipping, it's still pretty high. I could mint the exact same thing and sell it for a profit at $6. I guess there's a market for them though. :D

Edit: $6 including shipping

Edited by Marky
350 is a little low I think. I did pre-orders on the red-handed coins and 453 sold in advance. These are likely to be even more popular and you'll get a good price break at 500 of each (ussually).

Just a thought. I'd like a set or two.

If all three are ordered from the mint at once there might even be another price break at 1000 (350x3coins=1050). This might even be why he picked 350 to start with.

350 is a little low I think.  I did pre-orders on the red-handed coins and 453 sold in advance.  These are likely to be even more popular and you'll get a good price break at 500 of each (ussually).

Just a thought.  I'd like a set or two.

If all three are ordered from the mint at once there might even be another price break at 1000 (350x3coins=1050). This might even be why he picked 350 to start with.

Good point, if I take that into consideration, I could sell them at $5.50 ;) (Of course, this assumes that my labor is free. :ph34r: )

It's funny how everybody will pay $7.99 plus shipping to Coins and Pins for the "Compass Rose Coin" and nobody cares what profit they make. :ph34r:

You are right. They did do Imitation Hard Enamel on the coin which adds more money to the price of the coin. I dont know what size it is, but there could be other factors as well such as thickness, number of colors, etc.

nielsenc

It's funny how everybody will pay $7.99 plus shipping to Coins and Pins for the "Compass Rose Coin" and nobody cares what profit they make.  ;)

I'm not sure what the difference is, but there is a subtle difference for me. I think it's that Coins and Pins have been doing this a long time and are a business. I don't really feel taken advantage of by a business. However, if joe cacher is just making coins to make a profit off of his fellow cachers, it feels somehow wrong and not in the spirit of geocaching, which is more about giving than taking. I know not everyone feels this way though.

icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

When I got involved with the DNF coin, I wasn't really interested in selling the coins for a profit. We just wanted to share the coin with our fellow cachers because we thought it was cute and tried to price it so that we could cover packaging and shipping. It was a lot of work, but it was a fun process as well (plus, Mystery Ink was doing most of the work :ph34r: )

--Marky

But that account only works with a credit card, and most 19-year-old european students don't have one...

And all the coins I have, I purchased with an other payment-method then PayPal... Most european coin-makers accept that...

Would it be possible for you to place also my order??? :unsure:

Ben

But that account only works with a credit card, and most 19-year-old european students don't have one...

And all the coins I have, I purchased with an other payment-method then PayPal... Most european coin-makers accept that...

Would it be possible for you to place also my order??? :unsure:

Ben

If you have a checking account you can set up paypal that way also.