Soooooo What Did You Get?

we have to wait for my sister to come she's breakfasting with her outlaws...

BUT... I DO know that I've got a new Legend!! (when Phill and I split, he got both GPSs as they were his!)

I also know I've got DVD's, a new ring (which I went to choose the other day) and a new TV DVD Combi yay!

BUT.. I can also see that Santa has been and left me more than that... Oh I'm a lucky girl!

:)

I bet all you blokies got socks :) !!

and yes... I did get a pair of socks too... from my dog (with "Worlds Best Dad" on them!) hehe...

and Mandy, despite what I said in the chat room last night, we did get Ozzy a Christmas present... a squeeky snowman toy.

Happy Christmas all!

Well, I looked 'under the obvious tree' and found a 14LED head-torch, a 256Mb MP3 player and a personal radio - all for caching, and all bought by me* for my brother to give to me as he's rubbish at xmas shopping. We're not actually doing the whole gift-swapping thing until tomorrow as our mum's away today and we want to do it at her place.

I hope Santa brought you every little caching thing your heart desired. And a box to keep it in :)

SP

*Actually I owe Sensei £7 for the torch. Note to self: Don't forget you owe him money for 3 months this time! :P

The Incredible boys got new rucksacks, head torches, binoculars, compasses and flasks. Think there will be a few more night caching trips coming up and no more moans about having freezing cold drinks when out walking with the flasks they and their dad got. Funny though I'm sure I bought 4 flasks, but mine never made it under the tree, even though all Mr Incredible had to do was wrap it.........

He did though spoil me with a massage and facial voucher for the local health club.

Carol

x

A promise of a new digital camera to replace the one I destroyed caching in torrential rain (collapsed/well dodgy company - don't ask, although herself's money is safe) and new lucky caching hat to replace (so she thinks) my trusty Tilley. And it's made of kangaroo so I'll bounce all the way there. Number 1 son (The Amazing Spider Man) will finally get his GPS unit tomorrow. Number 2 son (Mcd1) got a bike so he can reach some more caches when he's back at home and not down with me.

Got and iPod nano and a Robopet from my wife. Both will keep me entertained for ages :P

DVD, beer, book and smellies make up the rest of the presents.

Came down with a stomach bug last night (probably that burger I had from a burger van on Thursday), so I had to miss out on the Christmas Dinner today :P

Simon

Update: A couple of books and Batman Returns on DVD plus chocolate from my mum... and an all expenses paid trip to Las Vagas and the Grand Canyon, etc. in the new year. I'm a little gobsmacked - she's way too generous. Two days on The Isle of Wight with a visit to Blackgang Chine would have been more than enough. I only bought her 'Coast' on DVD and a paperback copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. My brother turned up in a 20-year-old Ferrari he'd bought himself for Christmas. He's coming with me to Vagas* too so he's happy enough. B)

*I dare say I'll find time to do a cache or two there too.

Trip to White Island, just off North Island in NZ an extremely active volcano. Smoothie maker and DVD of Live 8 (cause I was there) plus some cool books, including "Does anything eat Wasps" wich I can recommend to everyone here. My Brother in Law got me a big petrol can as I've run out of petrol twice (both times caching) since I got my latest car which doesn't have a very prominant warning light.

My best present was a 256Mb MP3 player I bought myself that can be used as a usb drive and a voice recorder, bargain of the year as well - shocked at how good it sounds. It'll mainly be used to listen to 'BBC listen again' programmes, I've got a handy setup that'll transfer them to mp3 format.

On the caching/walking front got a map of the Yorkshire Dales with the 'right to roam' areas marked out, walking socks, hat.

I'm on the look out for a decent coat, went to the sales in Manchester on Boxing Day (I hate shopping), came back with nothing, all the prices seemed the same as before xmas.

A Garmin GPS12 (got that in November ;) ), an R2D2 phone :) , a new 17ft Prospector canoe :D , new pyjamas :D , Jeremy Clarkson book :D , solar powered radio/torch :D , deodorant etc...

No socks though!! :D

Oh, lakeuk, if you want a new coat - come to Keswick - there's always a sale on here... :)

Edited by The Golem

Yesterday was my first day up for a week, went down with some awful lurgy following a flu jab and two parties last Wednesday ;):P:)

However, a good year on the present front, although I wasn't well enough (or out of the bathroom for long enough) to open anything til much later in the day! :rolleyes::)

Brill selection of books, Cds, DVDs and computer accoutrements along with a nifty sleeve for my new laptop (purchased by self when meant to be Xmas shopping), a Fisher Space Pen (thanks for the idea Mr Dewdrop), a rucksack for carrying my lappie, lots of bits and pieces for my upcoming trip to USA, smellies, chocolates and oh, I almost forgot, the most wonderful electronic coin sorting machine! :D

Two days on The Isle of Wight with a visit to Blackgang Chine would have been more than enough.

No point in going there now, Paul... Diamond Isle's been archived :rolleyes:

Darn you, you've made me think of an ideal place to put a cache, not far from Blackgang Chine. Spent much of my childhood there, and it's a lovely place to go. Shame I don't go back to Island often enough to do it. Maybe I'll have to persaude my brother to set one there...

Simon

I got 4 pair of socks,

3 boxes of sweeties.

Another mobile phone with camera and other things that I won't use.

From my daughter for both wife and I. A cruse and dinner on a Thames boat.

I bought my wife. A 50 piece socket set and a power tool. I cannot understand why she won't talk to me....