Bug Race

I'm fancying doing some kind of a bug race, women against men :)

I would like 50/100 women and the same men, I would then set two posting travel bugs away and see who could fill their list first :)

If you have men and women in your team please enter them all and say which team,

Obviously as in our house there are 3 male cachers I would mix up the names so that men or women could not sign 3 times in one posting :huh:

This will not be set off until the new year (around the time the kids go back to school) :P

Come on girls I know we can beat the blokes :)

Mandy = women

Graham = men

Jon = men

Daniel = men

M

yep we do cache sensei 300 and odd since january :)

but i like my daft bugs too :)

i can tell your all men that have signed up, not one of you have told me which team you want to enter for :)

although stuey did say he was entering for the women so he could get the bug and keep it lol :huh:

let me know how manys in your team and if they want to enter for men or women

M

I'm fancying doing some kind of a bug race, women against men :ph34r:

I would like 50/100 women and the same men, I would then set two posting travel bugs away and see who could fill their list first :ph34r:

If you have men and women in your team please enter them all and say which team,

Obviously as in our house there are 3 male cachers I would mix up the names so that men or women could not sign 3 times in one posting :rolleyes:

This will not be set off until the new year (around the time the kids go back to school) :)

Come on girls I know we can beat the blokes :unsure:

Mandy = women

Graham = men

Jon = men

Daniel = men

M

Have you got shares in the Post Office, Mandy??? :)

I kinda thought that the idea of a travel bug was to move from CACHE to CACHE in a somewhat random and hap-hazard fashion, ultimately and hopefully achieving some goal set by the bug's owner. The fun coming from not knowing where they'll end up next. Sorry, but to my mind, just posting them round the country from one person to another has little or nothing to do with geocaching :)

I'm fancying doing some kind of a bug race, women against men  :)

I would like 50/100 women and the same men, I would then set two posting travel bugs away and see who could fill their list first  :)

Obviously as in our house there are 3 male cachers I would mix up the names so that men or women could not sign 3 times in one posting :ph34r:

This will not be set off until the new year (around the time the kids go back to school) :)

Mandy = women

Graham = men

Jon = men

Daniel = men

M

Have you got shares in the Post Office, Mandy??? B)

I kinda thought that the idea of a travel bug was to move from CACHE to CACHE in a somewhat random and hap-hazard fashion, ultimately and hopefully achieving some goal set by the bug's owner. The fun coming from not knowing where they'll end up next. Sorry, but to my mind, just posting them round the country from one person to another has little or nothing to do with geocaching B)

not wanting to cause any offence to anyone and certainly not to john :D

this must have something to do with geocaching as my bugs go from one cacher to the next all the way :unsure:

posting them makes them a little bit safer and faster, i have bugs travelling the "traditional" way too.......very slowly :ph34r:

my bugs are only for a bit of fun, and its only a game, there are always lots of people sign up for my daft ideas, and i am causing no one no problems as far as i know, everyone signs up of there own free will :rolleyes:

what are the "rules" for travel bugs? is it against the "rules" to post them?

no shares in the post office John :D

M

I'll join in for the men's team.

You'll need to publish the rules for the race - Should the names be filled in in order, or just the quickest way? Do the bugs need to be posted, or can they be handed from cacher to cacher etc.

I hope this race is faster than the "It's not an anorak, it's a paint drying race" :rolleyes:

Nick

Edited by NickPick
I'm fancying doing some kind of a bug race, women against men  :D

I would like 50/100 women and the same men, I would then set two posting travel bugs away and see who could fill their list first  :)

Obviously as in our house there are 3 male cachers I would mix up the names so that men or women could not sign 3 times in one posting :(

This will not be set off until the new year (around the time the kids go back to school) :D

Mandy = women

Graham = men

Jon = men

Daniel = men

M

Have you got shares in the Post Office, Mandy??? :)

I kinda thought that the idea of a travel bug was to move from CACHE to CACHE in a somewhat random and hap-hazard fashion, ultimately and hopefully achieving some goal set by the bug's owner. The fun coming from not knowing where they'll end up next. Sorry, but to my mind, just posting them round the country from one person to another has little or nothing to do with geocaching :)

To right.

This is not Geocaching at all.

Its using a massage board to play a different game altogether.

Enough is enough.

Set up a site and play it there.

L8 Ed

I dont know who you are (well not using that name if it is a scok puppet) but I am causing no problems to you :)

a lot of people get a lot of pleasure from my fun bugs, i receive a lot of emails giving me ideas and also saying they think my ideas are good :)

what i am doing is for geocachers and involve a lot of people

if you dont like what we do then you dont have to take part in it, but you dont have to be so rude

leave us to do what we want to do and we will leave you to do what you want to do, live and let live :)

there are over 100 cachers all over the uk who have names on my bugs

bah humbug :(

Edited by Us 4 and Jess
To right.

This is not Geocaching at all.

Its using a massage board to play a different game altogether.

Enough is enough.

Set up a site and play it there.

I think this is an unwarranted comment, obviously many players of this game like what Mandy is doing, don't try to rule, you'll never win with an attitude like that.

Milton (aka Moote)

Edited by Moote

I have to admit, I was in a similar mind to Pharisee at first - "but that's not what TB's do", but hey, the game is what you make it. So, I did one of Mandy's postal bugs, it was collecting photos of caching hounds with a picture of Jess.

I took Deefer the dog out for a nice long walk while cache hunting, had a great afternoon and took some pictures of my muddy companion...

d8aa5cda-23cf-4311-94a1-44a6f0166011.jpg

Harmless fun, just another way to play and interact with other cachers. As another thread has noted, this whole pastime is too daft if you spend too much time thinking about it :(

yep posted :lol:

in the order on the bug page........no cheating :huh:

you can add your kids too, i will mix up the names so you can't sign twice in one posting B)

bought two very small books so will hopefully they will go on a first class stamp (for stuey) B)

just add your caching name and name to the book the date you received it and posted it on and a message of encouragement for the next person, and then post it on (unless the boys one is in your house girls B) )

goooooo girls gooooooo :huh:

M