All Finds Pq

Stunod

First of all...thanks for a GREAT feature.

However, I just got my first All Finds PQ and quickly found a problem. It is including logs that I have deleted. A cache that I accidently logged as a find once (entered the wrong GC code) and then deleted still shows up in the PQ. Can this be corrected?

Thanks!

Edited by Stunod
It is including logs that I have deleted. A cache that I accidently logged as a find once (entered the wrong GC code) and then deleted still shows up in the PQ. Can this be corrected?

Thanks!

Ah.. that would explain why I have two or three caches with multiple found entries. I couldn't figure out why I logged one cache three time with identical entries. A look at the geocaching site showed only one log.

And brotz is onto something, too. Raine said in another thread that the PQ would include any cache for which you have posted a log of any type. I'm only getting the caches for which I've posted a find.

Again, I like the new feature. Very useful.

Jamie

First of all, thank you for this new tool. :)

A few questions:

Can we have the output sent to an alternative e-mail, like other PQs?

I don't understand what the "set option" does. The radio button date responds to selections, so it seems it is used to set the next day to run. I've run this once (on Monday.) Now if I select any date and do "set option", the selection switches to Sunday. (Is that some indication that you can only do this once every 6 days...or is it an error?)

I also just noticed that when NOT logged in, the PQ page still has the "All My Finds" option. I wonder what would happen if I enable it...? :ph34r:

Edit: Curiosity got the best of me B) BLAMMO! :(

I noticed that. We'll clean it up a bit more over the next few days. The idea (for those who asked) is that the all finds PQ should be available only once every 7 days. For many users it is a huge hit to the database. Besides, no one really needs an entire find PQ every 7 days anyway. No one is that forgetful.

am I correct in that they are arranged by placement date when you get them?

They don't appear to be:

$ gpsbabel -i gpx -f "My Finds Pocket Query" | head -15

Mon Apr 2 02:00:00 2001

36.079567N 86.312733W GC706/Bug Juice of the Mossy Field

Sun Jan 5 02:00:00 2003

36.814217N 87.987467W GCBFC7/LBL1503

Thu Jan 15 02:00:00 2004

29.854833N 81.312617W GCHGVQ/Boat Ramp

Fri May 23 02:00:00 2003

30.217933N 95.504100W GCG5AG/Little Jimmy's First - The Redux

Sun Oct 27 01:00:00 2002

38.322583N 85.857183W GCA160/Floyd Knobs Scenic Vista

Mon Aug 18 02:00:00 2003

36.090517N 86.920600W GCGP4G/Dalmatian #92 The No Clue Litter

Mon Apr 28 02:00:00 2003

36.273433N 86.529033W GCG145/Horseshoe Cove

Mon Jan 19 02:00:00 2004

If there's a 'sort by' clause in the SQL, I haven't figured out the terms. But I'm perfectly fine with that. A truckload of data with the burden being on the client side to sort and filter as I want it in the hand today beats two birds in the bosh tomorrow.

It's been mentioned twice but never responded to:

This PQ includes find logs that have been deleted.  This causes incorrect counts for finds.  Shouldn't deleted logs ALWAYS be excluded from PQs?

The latest update should have removed the archived logs.

I just ran mine and deleted logs are still there. The PQ was #351358 if that helps.

Edit: Forgot to say thanks!

Edited by Corp Of Discovery
My caches were logged 99.9% in sequence of finds, so it would be great to get them returned in an order similar to that.

As are mine. The problem as I mentioned elsewhere is that the pq returns the found time as 7 am no matter when you logged it so even if you log in order, your PQ says they've all been logged at the same time.

Markwell

The All FInds feature is GREAT!. But...a minor issue (maybe), because my counts comes up just fine after loading so it is not a big issue, but one of the <symbols> on one cache (GCP6HH) still show as not found icon...???..??? I looked and didn't see anyone comment on this, so I figure I would mention it.... :ph34r:

Wow - Thanks. Been looking for something like this for awhile as have others in the forums. Glad to see it. My cache count in profile is 8 less than my downloaded count but it beats trying to piece together queries - I'll take the 8 extra.

Monthly downloads would be more than fair for this one too if database query loads are too heavy. Just happy to be able to do it once here. Hopefully I can add to it easily(perhaps a query of all finds since ??? in the future) and keep current without the lazy solution of just dowloading it all everytime.

Wow - Thanks. Been looking for something like this for awhile as have others in the forums. Glad to see it. My cache count in profile is 8 less than my downloaded count but it beats trying to piece together queries - I'll take the 8 extra.

Monthly downloads would be more than fair for this one too if database query loads are too heavy. Just happy to be able to do it once here. Hopefully I can add to it easily(perhaps a query of all finds since ??? in the future) and keep current without the lazy solution of just dowloading it all everytime.

Those extra 8 might be deleted 'finds' that were subsequently re-logged.

I just noticed this feature show up while doing my usual PQ. Cool, thanks.

The file is rather large, especially for mega cachers with thousands of finds. In the future, it might be nice to split up the My Finds query based on date or find count, so we can choose to run only the newer ones, since it's doubtful the old finds will ever change.

I just noticed this feature show up while doing my usual PQ. Cool, thanks.

The file is rather large, especially for mega cachers with thousands of finds. In the future, it might be nice to split up the My Finds query based on date or find count, so we can choose to run only the newer ones, since it's doubtful the old finds will ever change.

You can already do this through more recent queries. This was requested for people who wanted their finds including archived caches.

Just tried this and received the PQ promptly (thank you). I then tried to set the option for the All my finds to Off. After selecting Off and keying the Set Option button Sunday is selected. Tried this several times with the same result.

Funny. No matter what day I try to set, it ends up setting it for Sunday :ph34r:

I hope this is fixed before next Sunday, typically the busiest logging day B)

Just tried this and received the PQ promptly (thank you). I then tried to set the option for the All my finds to Off.  After selecting Off and keying the Set Option button Sunday is selected. Tried this several times with the same result.

Funny. No matter what day I try to set, it ends up setting it for Sunday :ph34r:

In my case, it seems to set the day to the day before I selected. I haven't gotten a response yet, so I don't know if it's a display problem or affects the day the query runs.

If I select Wednesday, set option, then reload, the Tuesday checkbox is shown on the refresh. If I select Tuesday, Monday is shown on the refresh.

I've selected Wednesday, so maybe I'll see the results today (if the display is right) or tomorrow (if the display is wrong).

Jon

Just tried this and received the PQ promptly (thank you). I then tried to set the option for the All my finds to Off.  After selecting Off and keying the Set Option button Sunday is selected. Tried this several times with the same result.

In my case, it seems to set the day to the day before I selected. I haven't gotten a response yet, so I don't know if it's a display problem or affects the day the query runs.

If I select Wednesday, set option, then reload, the Tuesday checkbox is shown on the refresh. If I select Tuesday, Monday is shown on the refresh.

I've selected Wednesday, so maybe I'll see the results today (if the display is right) or tomorrow (if the display is wrong).

Jon

If you just refresh the page you will see that the checkmark is on the proper day. It seems to move the button after you click but it is putting it in the right slot.

<_< Thanks for another great feature. :ph34r:

The find count was 2 too high. I eventually found that the problem was two deleted logs. The PQ (#351638) was run last night at 11:30 PST. That seems to be after Jeremy's note that said "archived logs was fixed."

The extra logs were #3502867 and 7899099, if that helps.

I'll have to wait for a week now to run the PQ again to see if it hss been fixed.

:ph34r: Thanks again for another great feature. :huh:

If I select Wednesday, set option, then reload, the Tuesday checkbox is shown on the refresh.  If I select Tuesday, Monday is shown on the refresh.

I noticed the move-on-refresh before checking the forum - if the weekday is set to Saturday, it will stick, but any other weekday will shift one day towards Off, after which the tab disappears altogether. <_<

(I'm using Firefox as browser, in case it has any effect)

If you just refresh the page you will see that the checkmark is on the proper day. It seems to move the button after you click but it is putting it in the right slot.

Thanks <_< Refreshing the page solved the problem.

Thanks for the new feature!!!

My profile sticker shows me with 139 finds while the "all-finds" pq came up with 135...I assume that this is a part of the problem some posters mentioned, and at any rate am not worried about it...

Thanks again for this and all of the other new features and improvements to the site and services gc.com now offers.

My profile sticker shows me with 139 finds while the "all-finds" pq came up with 135...I assume that this is a part of the problem some posters mentioned, and at any rate am not worried about it...

Thanks again for this and all of the other new features and improvements to the site and services gc.com now offers.

Multiple finds on the same cache, perhaps, such as on this event cache.

Others like myself are seeing extra caches, not fewer caches. :rolleyes:

Multiple finds on the same cache, perhaps, such as on this event cache.

Others like myself are seeing extra caches, not fewer caches. :rolleyes:

ohmygod!!! I'm so embarrassed...I did have multiple finds logged on events by mistake...problem fixed, and my count matches the pq exactly...sorry ;)

Edited by NFA

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus to thank TPTB for implementing this feature.

All the complaints about the find counts, etc. from this query are really more properly directed at the authors of whatever third-party software is being used to analyze the data. As far as I can tell, the data contained in the query is completely correct.

New tools to analyze the data probably need to be written, as this query has some fundamental differences from other pocket queries.

All the complaints about the find counts, etc. from this query are really more properly directed at the authors of whatever third-party software is being used to analyze the data. As far as I can tell, the data contained in the query is completely correct.

Perhaps you didn't read closely. The PQ is returning archived logs...logs we have deleted. These should not be showing up.