Got Geodogs?

Peconic Bay Sailors

I read the forums alot, though I don't post very often (too thin-skinned). But this time, I just gotta say - Thora & Nece, you sure are some kind of cute! We have a black lab-mix pup who's just about a year old and she loves the sight of the leash! Our golden retriever is getting on up in years and while he still loves to go on walkies, he can't really do the long hikes any more. :D

Oh, and Norah, you're a cutie pie, too. :blink:

Aren't dogs great?

Rochelle

34ac720a-9797-42af-abfd-9bc01909c74d.jpg

Miss Timber, Alaskan Malamute, at 9 weeks old, 12 pounds. She is now 6 months old, and 50 pounds, and just got done teething...THANK GOD! She's going on her first real long distance trail hike this upcoming weekend...she is strongly hoping there is some SNOW where we will be hiking! If there is no snow, a creek will do just fine, she loves the ocean and creeks, and likes to carry her toys when she goes on a walk...she also likes to lead, doesn't like anyone in front of her.

I haven't posted to the forums in ages but I've got to get in on this one. I've got a new caching buddy, her name is Gracie. She's 9 weeks and 2 days today. She's been out two days now caching with Planet and I. We started her slow with paved bike paths but she really seemed to love the hills we cliimbed this past weekend.

Gracie1.jpg

This is the day we brought her home at 7 weeks.

gracie2.jpg

This is this past sunday at 9 weeks old, on the trail and loving it.

This little maltese is Boston (:blink:. He comes on a lot of the shorter hikes with me. He will actually jump some boulders but does not like to get wet. River and stream crossign require a lift.

IMG_2085.JPG

This lovely girl is Mookie (M) who does a much larger number of caches with me. She is a sheperd mix. Don't know what she is mixed with. We rescued her from somewhere. She loves the cold weather and water. Both together are also good for her. She does not like water above her knees though.

Easy.jpg

And this thing is the rarely seen Mac (M Squared) who does not cache. He apparently does our dishes.

IMG_2092.JPG

I read the forums alot, though I don't post very often (too thin-skinned).  But this time, I just gotta say - Thora & Nece, you sure are some kind of cute!  We have a black lab-mix pup who's just about a year old and she loves the sight of the leash!  Our golden retriever is getting on up in years and while he still loves to go on walkies, he can't really do the long hikes any more.  ;)

Oh, and Norah, you're a cutie pie, too.  :lol:

Aren't dogs great?

Rochelle

Thank You... they are Mother (Thora 11 yrs, blue collar) & daughter (Nece 6 years old PUPPY, red collar) and are Chessapeke & Dalmation mix...

and if you whisper the word geocaching in their vicinity.. they go into a frenzy... :rolleyes:

We love all the picx everyone has posted already! :lol:

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors

This is this past sunday at 9 weeks old, on the trail and loving it.

Congrats on the new addition. There's nothing like those big puppy paws.

Thanks.. I'm just loving having a buddy again :rolleyes: She's going to be a biggun no doubt but I think Bailey will still have a few on her. That day her ears were standing beautifully all day. It appears we hiked the perk out of her that day though.. since then they're both back to flopping. Go figure.

Thanks.. I'm just loving having a buddy again B) She's going to be a biggun no doubt but I think Bailey will still have a few on her. That day her ears were standing beautifully all day. It appears we hiked the perk out of her that day though.. since then they're both back to flopping. Go figure.

I bet if you take him geocaching his ears will perk right back up...

That's when our Girls get those "Flying Nun" ears... :cool:B)

This is a pretty stupid question - but how do you add an image to your forum post?

REALLY? :lol: The easiest way is to pick one from one of you online logs and open it. Then click the 'IMG' button above the text box here in the forum, copy and paste the address of the picture into the box that opens. Click ok.

Edited by JMBella

7afade2b-6978-4400-b468-ec0f56aac591.jpg

This is our Christmas picture this year with Monkey Girl, Turtle Boy, Pirate, and our new addition Dante.

We are raising Pirate and Dante for the Seeing Eye. Pirate will be returning to Morristown for training in January. He loves Geocaching and we hope to get him out a few more times before he leaves. He attended a group hike and the Murder Mystery event and met several other geodogs. Dante is 10 weeks old and will be able to go caching when he is 15 weeks.

Alan ... great pic of Buddy... my favorite so far :(

Tks for the complement but I think there are loads of cute pictures. And of course, everyone thinks their dog is the cutest. And their GPS is the best ;)

OH yeah I totally agree Alan... of course my dog's cuter than yours :) what I meant is that's my favorite pic of Buddy of the many I've seen posted over the years. It's a great picture of him.. or it's the way he fit's in the background..that windblown look.. I don't know.. just like it :)

Thanks.. I'm just loving having a buddy again <_<  She's going to be a biggun no doubt but I think Bailey will still have a few on her. That day her ears were standing beautifully all day. It appears we hiked the perk out of her that day though.. since then they're both back to flopping.  Go figure.

I bet if you take him geocaching his ears will perk right back up...

That's when our Girls get those "Flying Nun" ears... <_<:huh:

It would also help if mean Aunt Planet doesn't knock an ammo can off a tree right into her bestest caching friend, and onto the new puppy. My head is bowed in shame. I know it was an accident, but I sure do feel bad now knowing her perky little ears are drooping. Maybe she just misses me?

Alan ... great pic of Buddy... my favorite so far :P

Tks for the complement but I think there are loads of cute pictures. And of course, everyone thinks their dog is the cutest. And their GPS is the best :blink:

OH yeah I totally agree Alan... of course my dog's cuter than yours :blink: what I meant is that's my favorite pic of Buddy of the many I've seen posted over the years. It's a great picture of him.. or it's the way he fit's in the background..that windblown look.. I don't know.. just like it :P

Why that's sweet. Thanks again. And your pup looks great. And he's already as big as Buddy. :P

OK, I don't have a geo-dog and I'd be the first to admit that our cats aren't the least bit interested in going geocaching. My wife works during the week, so I thought I'd try out another animal companion for my geocaching excursions. I checked out ferrets, but they were way too high maintenance. Then I looked at parrots, but they were muy expensive and didn't take well to cold weather. At first, Vietnamese Pot Bellied Pigs looked pretty good, but the wife nixed the idea of a 200 lb porcine creature living on the house. A monkey sounded cool, but I figured our daughter has been out of diapers for 14 years and we didn't want to get back into that again

Then it hit me. A pet that was inexpensive, low maintenance and if things didn't work out I could eat it. A clam. So I headed out to the pet store to get me one. When I asked to see the clams, the owner looked at me as if I had 3 eyes. He then suggested that I try Pathmark. What a great idea! I walked in and found a great selection. Littlenecks, cherrystones, steamers, chowder clams, you name it!

It took me a while to choose one from this litter. I mean they were all so freakin' cute.

Clam.jpg

Finally chose one. It was a quahog. I named him Al Clamato, or Al for short (at least I think it was a he. I'm not sure how to tell yet).

Here's Al's picture

clam.jpg

Unfortunately my new pet and geocaching partner has been a bit of a disappointment. While the fact that I can carry him in my pocket is a bonus, I find he actually contributes very little to the experience. At best all he does is sit there and blow bubbles. At least until yesterday. Now he sits there with his mouth wide open (and he has very bad breath).

Unfortunately my new pet and geocaching partner has been a bit of a disappointment. While the fact that I can carry him in my pocket is a bonus, I find he actually contributes very little to the experience. At best all he does is sit there and blow bubbles. At least until yesterday. Now he sits there with his mouth wide open (and he has very bad breath).

:blink:

:huh:

I keep a pet clam at home... but the one I like has a beard! :unsure: