How Do I Find Out Who The Top Cacher Is?

But as Mopar says it depends on what you mean by "Top" :unsure::)

That's exactly what I mean.

One of the people on my "Top Cachers" list has just 21 finds in 2yrs.

Several others are in the 100-300 range.

Another guy has 2205 finds, and one woman has over 6000.

They are all top cachers in my book.

There are ways to define top cachers by various stats. I actually like stats quite a bit. I suppose it is a side effect of playing fantasy football and baseball for many years. I also like to define top cachers by those who have contributed well to the sport. For example, I can think of many local cachers who place great caches or write fun logs etc. They are "tops" in my mind. I can think of cachers who have done very helpful things for the sport through creating informative websites or creating geocaching programs or working with parks. There are those who formed local organizations and web sites too. I can think of people who have been helpful in the forums. The list could go on and on and on. So I think there are many top cachers out there! :unsure:

But as Mopar says it depends on what you mean by "Top" ;):D

When I was a kid a top was a toy, usually made of wood in a conical shape with a metal tip. You wound a string around the bottom half of it, and while holding the string gave it a quick flip. The top would then spin. Fun huh? Tops seem to have gone the way of yoyos and marbles. ;)

I know there's the one from Alabama (I can't remember his name.. he has one leg)

That would be The Alabama Rambler. He's amazing - I challenge any two-legged cacher to try to keep up with him on any cache hunt! Definitely a "top cacher" by any description.

-Dave R. in Biloxi, MS

Hey, check out these stats:

http://stats.guk2.com/cachers/view_cachers...der=found.count

So, all we gotta do is talk the webmaster at www.geocacheuk.com to host

the North American stats too, and we should have our stats back!

Is that about right?

A list of all cachers who have cached in the UK. Foreign residents caching in the UK will be included; UK residents caching abroad will not.

Do not, I repeat, do NOT put me on any such list. Period.

I think its CCCooperAgency 6116 finds !!!

Is CCCooperAgency one person or several?

CCcooperagency started as a team consisting as a husband and wife and child but now it is pretty much the wife. She caches pretty much everyday and travels far and wide to do it. I've met her on a couple of occasions and she is a nice lady to boot. Sbux is her daughter and is an equally nice person who would probably have as many finds as her mom if she wasn't a full time student. ;)

I would like see more cachers hide as many as CCCooperAgency, that way it would not have to travel so far to find caches ;)

That's why I am asking. The hides and finds from this group are almost unbelieveable. How can one person have that many finds and still have the time to maintain that many caches? Whoa!

CCcooperagency started as a team consisting as a husband and wife and child but now it is pretty much the wife. She caches pretty much everyday and travels far and wide to do it. I've met her on a couple of occasions and she is a nice lady to boot. Sbux is her daughter and is an equally nice person who would probably have as many finds as her mom if she wasn't a full time student. ;)

Thanks Mastifflover! I was a little late on sending my last post. Didn't see yours beforehand.

Blimey - what a can of worms ;)

In hindsight I should have been a bit clearer in my request ;)

I am conducting some email interviews for our caching magazine GeocachingToday.com and my first interviewer was with the UK's "most found caches" cacher.

I thought I would extend this series by interviewing the World's "most found caches" cacher to find out what drives these guys.

I would be delighted to also interview many other "Top Cachers" for which I will make a list however my current target is the most found guy.

I hope to speak to Jeremy from Groundspeak next but after this I will ask your opinion on who else deserves an interview.

I take all the comments above on board and will be wanting to speak to people who set more caches than they find, disabled cachers, complete newbie cachers, most helpful cachers, Mr. Techie cachers, etc, etc.

Don't bombard me yet though - just the "most found" cacher at the moment.

Ta!

The Hokesters...

I would like see more cachers hide as many as CCCooperAgency, that way it would not have to travel so far to find caches ;)

That's why I am asking. The hides and finds from this group are almost unbelieveable. How can one person have that many finds and still have the time to maintain that many caches? Whoa!

They don't. Many of their caches are hidden and maintained by local cachers. They will mail the container to a willing local, who will hide it and watch it for them.

They don't. Many of their caches are hidden and maintained by local cachers. They will mail the container to a willing local, who will hide it and watch it for them.

and some of them it seems are just hidden and forgotten.......

I would like see more cachers hide as many as CCCooperAgency, that way it would not have to travel so far to find caches B)

Ummm.....okay. ;) I won't go into the unmaintainable cache subject with this one but if that's what they wanna do.....

Makes little sense to me.

as everyone knows, the formula for rating cachers is as follows:

[(# of caches you have found - 2(# of bogus or disputed finds) /# of caches within an hour's drive of your house]+(# of caches hidden / # of lame caches hidden) + [# of cachers you've met / ( # of cachers who actively avoid you)^2] * sqrt ( # of caches you have found/ # of days since you started caching)

[(# of caches you have found - 2(# of bogus or disputed finds) /# of caches within an hour's drive of your house]+(# of caches hidden / # of lame caches hidden) + [# of cachers you've met / ( # of cachers who actively avoid you)^2] * sqrt ( # of caches you have found/ # of days since you started caching)

Okay .... 180 .... 5 ..... minus .045 ...... carry the "L" ..... my shoe size is ...

Hmph, still King of Ecuador.

Okay .... 180 .... 5 ..... minus .045 ...... carry the "L" ..... my shoe size is ...

Hmph, still King of Ecuador.

Maybe putting a face to things helps.

799da54c-37e9-4f7f-82f0-f1b8d3aeb53b.jpg

Geocachers SBUX, CCCooper, and Mtn-man.

So I'm 2000 miles away from home, pushing through the underbrush towards a still unseen cache, and who do I come across? Just the top cache finder on the planet.