Got To Share The Good News....

I just got to share the news. My son ARMY_SCOUT is safely returned to the USA. He is now at Ft. Carson, after over a year as a Cavalry Scout in Iraq. Unless something goes terribly wrong, he should have a year before he is moved again. I expect his Geocache stats will climb a bit now that he is back.

Thanks to all of you who have expressed your thoughts, prayers, and some even sent boxes of goodies. (The "Gentleman's Magazines" were quite popular!) Remember, he is home safe, but many others are not. Do not forget them.

Days like this, life just don't get much better.... :lol:

Thank God for that!!!!!!! My son is officially out of the Navy as of midnight last night!!!! He'll be home in two weeks in his new house 25 miles from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now maybe I'll get that grandson I've been hoping for!!!!!!

Tell you son "Thanks" for the service he is giving to all of us, and that we'll continue to keep him and all the other soldiers in our prayers. :lol:

Add my congrats to the above, thanks too.

To any of you who might be wondering 'why' with regard to the middle east let me add this to the knowledge base: While there are some bad guys in Iraq, the majority of the people are really nice, generous people. Just folks. Sadman Insane was this generations Hitler. Just my opinion, but I think that the free nations of the world owe it to the rest of humanity to help out in times of trouble. Before you react, YES, that is nieve but it is just the tip of what I think on the situation - this is not the place for a full blown political speech. I am aware of the other aspects of being there.

I am saying the above as someone who worked in Iraq as a college lecturer and mixed with the people as much as possible.

I just got to share the news. My son ARMY_SCOUT is safely returned to the USA. He is now at Ft. Carson, after over a year as a Cavalry Scout in Iraq. Unless something goes terribly wrong, he should have a year before he is moved again. I expect his Geocache stats will climb a bit now that he is back.

Thanks to all of you who have expressed your thoughts, prayers, and some even sent boxes of goodies. (The "Gentleman's Magazines" were quite popular!) Remember, he is home safe, but many others are not. Do not forget them.

Days like this, life just don't get much better.... :lol:

That's so awesome!!! Please be sure to thank him for serving and protecting our country for us!

Now we are going to have to have an event down that way this Summer hey Desert Warrior.

Get in that recon.

Let him rest up a while..

Tell him thanks from another LONE STAR.

I appreciate his sacrafices.

I ought to show you some pictures I have one of these vivits,

Ft. Bliss with the Franklin Mtn in Background with the Cavalry Mounted Soldiers with cannons,not very many vehicles.

It is way to big to scan with my scanner.

My son called tonight and said he'll be here on the 1st or 2nd of April. They're driving in from King's Bay, GA, and since the Navy is paying his travel time, gas, and lodging, they're gonna take a few days to get here. I can understand that! He'll be living in Wichita and going to WSU to finish his degree in Electronic Communication and Engineering. They'll be within 30 minutes of us now, instead of 30 hours!!!!!

My son called tonight and said he'll be here on the 1st or 2nd of April. They're driving in from King's Bay, GA, and since the Navy is paying his travel time, gas, and lodging, they're gonna take a few days to get here. I can understand that! He'll be living in Wichita and going to WSU to finish his degree in Electronic Communication and Engineering. They'll be within 30 minutes of us now, instead of 30 hours!!!!!

very, very cool. i know i was glad when my brother retired from the navy.

I am glad he is home safe. I arrived back from Baghdad myself on 9 March. What a great feeling to be home. That just gave me an idea. I'd love to see a military (AD, Reserve, Guard, Retirees/Vets) Caching Event. Tell me that would not be neat. We could swap stories. I love the WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War vets stories. My grandfather was in WWII in the Navy and the stories he told were great. My stepgrandfather was in WWII in the Army Air Corp, then later the USAF (changed to it's own separate entity in 1947). To hear their generation speak is just great. I never thought I'd be one to go to war and have stories to tell my future grandchildren. I hope they look at me the way I looked at my grandfathers. They are heros. My grandfather passed away almost 2 years ago due to cancer. I miss him and his stories. They always put a smile on my face. I want to thank each and every military member, past or present (myself included) for your sacrifices. Believe me, I know what they are. The things we do give a whole different perspective on life, especially when you are being attacked in one way or another to include the loss of a fellow serviceperson.

Edited by Team GeoHoy