Unwritten Rules

aka Monkey

After browsing around on the forums a bit, I've noticed what I'm going to call "trends." Feel free to add your own:

* Male geocachers should sport facial hair, preferably a goatee.

* Female geocachers should use a Japanese Anime illustration of a female cartoon character for their forum photo.

* Geocachers should have a dog. If a dog is not owned, it should be acquired. Dogs acquired after the owner is already a Geocacher should have a name that is somehow related to Geocaching.

Edited by Indiana Cojones
After browsing around on the forums a bit, I've noticed what I'm going to call "trends." Feel free to add your own:

* Geocachers should have a dog. If a dog is not owned, it should be acquired. Dogs acquired after the owener is already a Geocacher should have a name that is somehow related to Geocaching.

Cachers do not have to know how to spell.

D'oh! And I'm usually so careful about that (my own personal trend is that all of my posts have been edited). :lol:

Edited by Indiana Cojones

* Geocachers should have a dog. If a dog is not owned, it should be acquired. Dogs acquired after the owener is already a Geocacher should have a name that is somehow related to Geocaching.

Cachers do not have to know how to spell.

cachers should know how to spell. if cachers can figure out how to use a dadburn GPSr they should be able to spell.

And don’t forget.

When posting the GC.com forums (whether you know anything about the topic or not). You should have an opinion (uneducated at best), try to make a witty (in your own opinion) comment or at the very least post just an emoticon to remind people that (even though you're a poser) you feel the need to be part of everything.

*edit*

I forgot to mention. Turn as many threads as possible into a personal chat room.

Edited by Harrald
Geocachers should also bash people for having more posts than finds.

Like you :P

Budoom Ch

Yup....I'll take the bashing for all of the others......I am pretty close to my 100 posts per find ratio, though....and I guess if I include hides in that ratio, I've got a few hundred more posts to make before I have to go out and find anymore caches! :P:P Bash me, beat me, flame me, make me call you daddy.....I'm easy! :D

Stereotypical geocachers seem to all carry large backpacks when caching, filled with every imaginable item they think they could possibly need.

Stereotypical geocachers are highly opinionated and very passionate about their opinions!

And, one final note: From the recent threads I've seen, geocachers are excellent photographers! (That's a compliment coming from a retired professional and freelance photographer)

Uperdooper...I need your recipe for Margaritas again.....

:P I second the margarita motion.

i just posted it in the abject silliness forum. well! i actually typed what page to find it on in that forum.

on topic. geocachers should have a favorite beverage after a day of caching.

Edited by uperdooper
I second the margarita motion.

Me too!

The stereotypical geocacher will drag his/her family or friends along for a "quick" cache and ignore (or pretend not to hear) the grumbling about it taking you all day to find something so obvious.

Hey, I must be a stereotypical geocacher! I sport facial hair (a goatee), I drive a Jeep, I own a Lowrance, I'm highly opinionated (and very passionate about my opinions) and I can't buy anything without thinking "Can I use this as a cache?"

Edit: D'oh! I'm one of the geocachers who can't spell.

Edited by cache_us_if_you_can

* Female geocachers should use a Japanese Anime illustration of a female cartoon character for their forum photo.

Hey now! I happen to be a HUGE anime fan. :P So my avatar is fitting! Quit giving me a hard time! :P

Geocachers should own a Jeep Wrangler

:P

But not a yellow one as this color has been archived...:P

Geocachers should avoid McDonalds, lest the temtation to over turn the tables of the money changers in a fit of righteous indignation over trade item heresy overwhelm them.

Geocachers should develop a first name relationship with their local Army Surplus dealer, or at least have Cheaperthandirt.com on their bookmarks file.

snip>Real geocachers can't travel anywhere without looking for a few caches...<snip

OR, in my case, watch Fear Factor and wonder what caches are hidden in the country side behind all the good looking gals :P with the bodacious :P ta-ta's!! :P

The other night they were next to a large lake (I assume in Ca.), The gals sporting bikinis and I am thinking about the coordinates so I could search for caches there.

Geocachers should own a Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance or "other".  Not necessarily in that order.

Yeah, in that order - and, stop after the first option - all that matters really.....

See? Opinionated!

edited to add:- And yeah, I DO have a beard. (Snake typing, NOT Bug, who does NOT have a beard)

Edited by bug&snake
Geocachers should own a Jeep Wrangler

Guilty

* Geocachers should have a dog.

Guilty

Geocachers can't spell cash anymore on the first try

Guilty

Geocachers must spend at least as much time on the forums as ACTUALLY caching! (or more)

Sad but, Guilty

Geocachers purchase food and items they don't necessarily want...they just want the container that said item is sold in.

Only if said item or food is in an ammo can.

I like girls. I like them a lot.

I like my wife a lot.

Geocachers should own a Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance or "other". Not necessarily in that order.

How about: Magellan, Garmin, Lowrance or other

Real geocachers can't travel anywhere without looking for a few caches along the way even if it's not a geocaching trip.

Way too guilty

Cachers do not have to follow standard rules of punctuation.

i never follow the standard rules of punctuation i just keep typing until i finish my though then i stop i also don't spell very well but i have ie spell check now so im better

A few of my own:

Geocachers should have an "ez pass" just for geocaching.

Geocachers' cars should be filthy and have trade item all over the place

Geocachers have seriously considered professional help.

Edited by JMBella