Most consecutive days with a find?

regoarrarr

What's your most consecutive days with a found geocache?

You can check it out from your My Cache page if you choose to view all logs.

My personal high is 4 days, which I have done twice.

Dec. 26-29, 2001

Jan. 2-5, 2002

If I got up off my butt and did a cache in the 5 hours left tonight, I'd also have 4 consecutive days Sep. 23-26, 2002 icon_smile.gif

I'm sure that's not a record (or probably even close) but whaddaya got?

I doubt this is anywheres close to a record either, but since you asked...

I logged at least one cache in each of the nine days from August 16 thru August 24th.

Edit was to add the following:

2, 3, 10, 5, 7, 5, 11, 8, 3

[This message was edited by Walkin Stick on September 26, 2002 at 05:44 PM.]

Dan,

I've been thinking about that very thing, and had considered starting a thread. Glad you beat me to it.

I don't hold any record either, but my personal record is four as well, achieved three separate times.

January 8-11, 2002 1,4,1,1

May 28-31, 2002 1,1,1,4

August 13-16, 2002 10,7,6,7

Jamie

I just ended a 12 day streak today. It was raining and I was pretty worn out anway. I think any longer and it probaly would have gotten to the put it was no longer fun.

-------------------------------------

Hope is the destination that we seek.

Love is the road that leads to hope.

Courage is the motor that drives us.

We travel out of darkness into faith.

-=The Book Of Counted Sorrows=-

quote:
Originally posted by Lyra:

I ain't proud of it, but I gotta job and a toddler. icon_rolleyes.gif

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/60748_1200.jpg

I was wrong! I forgot about it, but TWO is the magic number for me! And I've tied that on three occasions (one was a locationless the day before I scored a hit on a "real" cache, so that one probably wouldn't count).

I'm feeling pretty impressed with myself! icon_biggrin.gif

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

Not that it's as easy as I thought it would be to keep such a streak going...

7/15: I got up late; so I couldn't cache in the morning, and I was on duty for my dying grandmother after work. My current streak of 11 straight days ends.

9/10: My grandmother's funeral took up almost all of the day. I finally grabbed a cache on my way home at 10:30pm.

9/14: I got stuck in the desert ('D' is for Desert Phone Booth) on the way to Vegas when my 2WD vehicle got stuck in a sandbar and I broke the carkey in the trunk when I was getting the jack. I was ready to give up geocaching altogether. I was ready to leave my car for dead in the sand in the desert. I even contemplated death. Luckily my brother and my dad and my sister-in-law came through for me and found a couple of good locksmiths and even got my car out, and I was back on the road by 2am.

10/2: My car wouldn't start when I got home. Then it did, but I was afraid to go back out to find a cache. Finally mrZ and Woof! tired of my moaning and told me that I still had an hour to find a cache; so I went and found one at 11:33pm.

10/7: I was leaving on a 6am flight; so I got up extra early to hunt for Tea for Four, but when I couldn't find that one, I had to scramble to find some other huntable cache. Still managed to catch my flight and make it to the airport in time.

10/8: Without a car on a business trip in Texas, I managed to get some of my coworkers to try geocaching before heading out to dinner.

10/9: Still without a car, I hiked about five miles in drizzly weather to find some caches.

10/22: The miserable night where I had seven DNFs (one of which gave me poison oak) before finally locating a cache at 11:06pm.

10/30: Another bad night with five failures before finally returning to find a cache at 11:07pm.

11/3: Car in the shop. Nearly got stranded when I thought I left my GPSr at the cache site and had to walk back to get it, which almost caused me to miss the last train and last bus home.

11/6: Car wouldn't start. Coworker generously let me borrow her car to get home (I snuck off to find a cache on the way).

11/9: Unable to walk properly because of a medication issue, I found today's two caches using a walking cast.

11/10: Got my medication issue resolved finally and managed to limp to a cache at night after spending the morning on crutches.

12/9: Couldn't find the closest cache to home in the rain (actually, it was my fifth DNF trying to find this particular cache); so I instant messaged mmp who had a traveling cache and arranged to meet with him to sign that cache's log. Then because that somehow just didn't seem fair, I went and found another cache anyway, getting completely soaked by the pouring rain in the process.

12/21: Somehow managed to keep the streak going despite a cold that kept me in bed for about 28 hours this weekend.

Edited by kablooey

Dec 30, 2003 - 1 found

Dec 31, 2003 - 2 found

Jan 1, 2004 - 2 found

Jan 2, 2004 - 1 found

Jan 3, 2004 - 4 found

Jan 4, 2004 - 1 found

So 6 days, thats our longest streak so far. Haven't found one since then but I have spent about 12 hours, opened a thread and walked no less than 10 miles planning a mystery cache. Almost ready to place it. Woohoo! I'm gonna love this cache. :D

January 6th was the end of my "streak" I knew it couldn't last forever, but I was hoping to keep it going a little longer. Unfortunately, work took me to the same general are every day this week, and I had already found most of the caches in the area that are 'easy' enough for me to be able to squeeze them in between work appointments.

Dec 23, 2003----3 finds

Dec 24, 2003----1 find

Dec 25, 2003----1 find

Dec 26, 2002----1 find

Dec 27, 2003----3 finds

Dec 28, 2003----8 finds

Dec 29, 2003----3 finds

Dec 30, 2003----1 find

Dec 31, 2003----1 find

Jan 1, 2004------2 finds

Jan 2, 2004------4 finds

Jan 3, 2004------1 find (FTF, too)

Jan 4, 2004------3 finds (and my 200th overall)

Jan 5, 2004------1 find

Jan 6, 2004------1 find

not a bad little run 34 finds, a couple DNF's it was good while it lasted. I haven't tried a cache since the 6th, but hopefully tomorrow will be different.......

Not that it's as easy as I thought it would be to keep such a streak going...

Yeah, didn't you have to pretty much give up on hiding caches during the streak?

-WR

I've hidden five puzzle caches, one offset cache, and planned and held one long-distance event cache during the period, but I've been kind of slow because I screwed up on one of the puzzles I created and I have to rework the whole thing; so I've been procrastinating on that.

109 days - 197 caches, I think, if I counted right.

Feb 8 03 - May 28 03

I confess to logging a locationless on a few days to keep the string alive.

Realized I had a problem(also running out of nearby caches) and ended it voluntarily and entered geocaching rehab.

I count days two different ways. One is by calendar (midnight-to-midnight). I don't particularly like this way because finding a cache at 11:50pm and another at 12:10am shouldn't count as two days. The other way is by attributing the cache to the day that I woke up (which I now call caching days). Because I was trying to follow both rules, the running joke was that caches after midnight don't count.

Anyway, the calendar-day streak has just ended at 372 on this cache ^_^.

I had considered making a poll to guess how the streak would end. Would it be illness (Lou Gehrig) or major injury (Bo Jackson), or would it be voluntary (Cal Ripken Jr.)? Maybe major catastrophe or act of terrorism. In the end, the most likely scenario played out. It ended because of my own ineptness.

Because I did find the cache, the caching-day streak continues onward.