Release Notes (Website: Search filtering) - August 26, 2021

Geocaching HQ
Followers 10

Hello, 

We appreciate your overall feedback and patience while resolving the bugs. Our team has addressed the majority of issues that were reported in the forum so far. As we are continuously reviewing and processing the feedback, in the meantime, I am going to keep the community updated with the plan to incorporate this feedback soon.
We are glad to see the amount of passion and care for the game, and our ultimate goal is to provide the best experiences to the geocaching community.

Happy Geocaching ..!!

There's still an issue when searching for caches with the filter "Hidden by". If the list of caches returned is bigger than what is shown on the page, the caches loaded when you click on the "Load more" button has nothing to do with the initial filter.

1 hour ago, PulmonaryHip said:

I still can't navigate anywhere from my profile page in Opera.  It just stays on that page no matter what I click on at the top search menu.  This has been since the "update".  Please down-date to the old fuctionality.

Thanks for reporting this, our team is working on resolve this and will update in the forum accordingly.

I'm not a fan of the feature that hides all the caches I've already found by default. I like seeing a lot of smileys on my screen. That's like... the entire point. 

I wouldn't have any issue with this update if the filter remembered my settings. If I refresh the page the filters all reset immediately. So all my smiley faces disappear. 

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
On 9/7/2021 at 3:45 PM, barefootjeff said:

Typing in a date might seem trivial but it takes quite a bit of coding to get right. Firstly there's the variety of date formats in use around the world, which HQ's developers seem to have a lot of trouble with (the Adventure Lab Builder page still has a mixture of my preferred date format (dd/mm/yyyyy) and American date format (mm/dd/yyyyy)), then there's the checking and validation that has to be done as the range of allowable days depends on the month (and in the case of February, the year). Sure it can be done but it can be tedious to get right for all locales.

If they can make  easy to use date fields for PQs, why not for searches.  I guess I'll just use PQs for my searches.

Edited by NanCycle
8 minutes ago, NanCycle said:

If they can do it for PQs, why not for searches.  I guess I'll just use PQs for my searches.

The PQ filters don't allow you to type in a date, they provide drop-down lists to select month, day and year.

image.png.5f200a936645abfa11fe7823fce4977c.png

Maybe this would be a better way to do it on the Search page, but it's old-fashioned and doesn't look snazzy enough I suppose.

• Helpful 1
16 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

The PQ filters don't allow you to type in a date, they provide drop-down lists to select month, day and year.

image.png.5f200a936645abfa11fe7823fce4977c.png

Maybe this would be a better way to do it on the Search page, but it's old-fashioned and doesn't look snazzy enough I suppose.

You are right of course.  I changed the wording in my last post.