Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

Last summer at the MWGB I met team Heidi-go-seek who uses a Moo Card as their sig item. A Moo card is like a business card, it is the same width, but half the height. On the front of the cards they put photos that they had taken while caching. And each card had a different photo. On the back of the cards they had their team name, where they were from, and i think a quote, but the photos and text can be completely customized, and I thought it was a great idea to use as a sig item! :D

these are simple awesome! how did you make them. this type of item is really special? are they clay? how big, can't tell from the pic.

rsg

what i show is only the original sculture of plaster of paris

i do this coin in aluminum normal serie and bronze for the limited serie.

the beluga are 2 1/2inch lenght and the serfak is 2 inch

i use praticly the same technique of the tiki coin(lost wax).

i have a question on the geoJewels. i am finishing up a bunch and was wondering if i should put the magnets on the back or leave them plain. this group of images are round, epoxied onto an odd shaped marble, with the back decouopaged.

thoughts on final finishing? i am considering glueing on felt, but then i think about where these are going to end up, covered in dirt in a cache! well, the little plastic bag covered in dirt.

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

i have a question on the geoJewels. i am finishing up a bunch and was wondering if i should put the magnets on the back or leave them plain. this group of images are round, epoxied onto an odd shaped marble, with the back decouopaged.

thoughts on final finishing? i am considering glueing on felt, but then i think about where these are going to end up, covered in dirt in a cache! well, the little plastic bag covered in dirt.

rsg

I think they would be cool with magnets on them. You can put them up on the fridge, everyone will be able to see them + they do not get lost :o

Wow... the older thread, mentioned above, has some cool items pictured. I love the 57chevy kokopelli coins.

Yeah those are great!!! Nice job 57...You still makin those?

d818be57-191b-4c93-98a2-fb57b3a47ebd.jpg

1cfea385-2e0b-4c87-a28c-7ceda5ccefbf.jpg

I cant see most of the pics...gotta wait till I have better internet...Just shows dang IPB image! :)

Are these ones that you have made?

They're adorable!

here are the latest things i am working on, geoJewels! flat marbles with either my photo work or graphics i have created. they have little tiny magnets on the back - the really strong ones! i didn't realize how tiny they were when i bought them. good thing these are not too heavy.

2568592021_47df202bb8_b.jpg

:D:D i don't understand that you are unsure about this sig item, they look not hand-made and that i mean as a compliment, wow congrats you are very creative :laughing::rolleyes:

:sunsure: p.s. i am in love with the crow on it, i love crows :P

Edited by Geo.Error

Great pics...Thanks everyone!

Here's my new Raku Ceramic coins...

968b4a8e-c0bf-412b-be06-54cc5bacf4f2.jpg

I'm quite impressed with all your signature items. I can't say, I've ever seen one...

Especially I like these ceramic ones, these look like they're made by a profesional potter... Absolutely beautifull!!!

Made me start thinking of a sig of my own, until now I keep dropping glas marbles even into micro caches, so one could consider this as my sig item.. :D

But there needs to be a name on them, I understand?

Kind regards, ElliPirelli

Wow... the older thread, mentioned above, has some cool items pictured. I love the 57chevy kokopelli coins.

Yeah those are great!!! Nice job 57...You still makin those?

Snip...

I cant see most of the pics...gotta wait till I have better internet...Just shows dang IPB image! :laughing:

Are these ones that you have made?

They're adorable!

Why yes they are.. Making a batch up today as a matter of fact. :D And Thank you btw. :D

here are the latest things i am working on, geoJewels! flat marbles with either my photo work or graphics i have created. they have little tiny magnets on the back - the really strong ones! i didn't realize how tiny they were when i bought them. good thing these are not too heavy.

:sunsure::D i don't understand that you are unsure about this sig item, they look not hand-made and that i mean as a compliment, wow congrats you are very creative :P:D

:D p.s. i am in love with the crow on it, i love crows :D

:D yyhhhaaaaooooeeeeee, thanks RedshoesGirl :laughing::rolleyes:

WOW! The crow one is amazing!!! I have seen here so many beautiful signature items!!!! 007bigd ceramic coins, the packer ones , the kokopeli, the redshoesgirl ones, the UOTrackers silver angels that look like ancient Greek coins, the Poker chips, the Nochipra's card, and so many others!!!! I love all of them!!!!!!!

Hmm...maybe one day I will make a signature item for me too!

I was thinking to stamp banknotes, but a guy in a money fair who did this with a worthless banknote of Zimbabwe (it was the 10 cent banknote, when they have now notes in millions of Z$), was arrested!! He was using this note as a bussiness card, but accordingto the law, you are not allowed to make graffities on a banknote!

here is a great wooden from jeeperMTJ

575ec259-acc3-415d-96b3-723d1284bb55.jpg

and here from my friends the3defaus some nice pokerchips

0faa5309-ce09-45c1-bad9-c7db9199f38a.jpg

thanks for all the other wonderful pics!

any maybe there is really a chance to get the crow-one from redshoesgirl....:D

send me an email with your address!

lara

email sent. thank you lara

:D:rolleyes: i don't understand that you are unsure about this sig item, they look not hand-made and that i mean as a compliment, wow congrats you are very creative :sunsure::P

:laughing: p.s. i am in love with the crow on it, i love crows :D

:D yyhhhaaaaooooeeeeee, thanks RedshoesGirl :D:D

Oh, you fortunate one :D

This are mine first 12 home-made coins

218ab544-4cff-4927-b1ed-90b3bf29bd54.jpg

Can not yet show the other side because they are on there way to coiners

Everybody has his own original side, no coin is the same on this side, if the coins arrive i put them here on this post

Coin #11 arrived at its new home today!! I love it!!! Here is the other side made to look like my new dog Riley!!!!!!

69633052-f91c-48c9-a09d-3fabdb9686b1.jpg

Great pics...Thanks everyone!

Here's my new Raku Ceramic coins...

968b4a8e-c0bf-412b-be06-54cc5bacf4f2.jpg

Those are VERY nice Dave!!!

I really like that kokopelli one!!!

Everybody has his own original side, no coin is the same on this side, if the coins arrive i put them here on this post

Coin #11 arrived at its new home today!! I love it!!! Here is the other side made to look like my new dog Riley!!!!!!

Here is the one we got from Geo Error last week, probably one of those up in her pic but now it is revealed. Thank you so much Corina.

1geoerrorcoin.jpg

Here is the one we got from Geo Error last week, probably one of those up in her pic but now it is revealed. Thank you so much Corina.

1geoerrorcoin.jpg

WOW! Beautiful coins!!! Congratulations to Geo.error who made them, and to the receivers too!!

WOW! I love all of these handmade sig items! Everyone is so creative. I love all of the pictures and I love how generous everyone is in sharing their ideas on what to make and how to make them.

I have a few sig items that I have found in caches; that's what I usually trade for. I don't find many, though.

I hope to have time to make some this summer and if/when I do, I hope some of you will trade with me. :blink:

WOW! Beautiful coins!!! Congratulations to Geo.error who made them, and to the receivers too!!

One of them being me!!! :blink: I got #007 today, but it came in sometime last week! I havent checked my mail for 2 weeks and boy do I some stuff to brag about! Just you wait! Sucks living 50 miles from my actual home and knowing there is stuff in the mail box for ya! But thats all gonna change real quick...AGAIN! I gotta send a few thanks out!

Pics commin beginning of the week! OH...and the cointest results or extension, gotta talk it over with 57! better start postin...and if anyone wants to donate a sig for the cause...DO IT-its gonna make someone happy! :blink:

Edited by 007BigD

This thread made me pull out my box of sig items to sort through and I decided to take pictures of more of them to share. There are so many talented people out there. I should get busy and figure out how to do some of these things!!

Another wonderful one by summerandnana. If anyone knows of a site that could tell me how to make these I would be grateful!!

cc8e36cf-ce7b-44ec-86b0-d71afcb528d9.jpg

Firefly03 makes these great lanyards!

3ba95ca7-ab0e-4699-a7c8-368f192da133.jpg

How about this sig item by Edward Applebee? You have to find one of these to get the coordinates for the starting point of his letterbox hybrid.

5f258f60-f508-4e48-bdc5-80f779be9b6a.jpg

TeamLegend4 makes a lot of different sig items similar to these

122e2b4e-b4d5-4d30-9a98-d4a4aabddb81.jpg

45fc3288-ab9c-4a12-9d5c-96381183cd60.jpg

Vicotry Mike makes some great chainmail keychains and also chainmail VM earrings. I haven't yet found the earrings in a cache though. I had a keychain but sent it out in one of my missions. It takes him hours to make those. I really wish I had a picture to show. If I find one I will post it.

Edited to add the picture of VictoryMike's chainmail keychain. This picture was taken by the person who received the mission.

CIMG2523.jpg

Edited by LadyBee4T

This was our first tokens, before we minted our first geocoin.

8e992c1c-9c3e-4411-b938-6ed66d6a5ee4.jpg

...Anthus

I Love the colors . . . what are they made of and what are their sizes?

These were shrinkydinks that you can use a computer inkjet computer to print on. Then you bake them. They were about 2". I had a few left but cannot find them in the house anywhere :laughing: