Who is going to GeoWoodstock VI?

Okay,

My wife, son, and I, will be there for the whole week! YAY! :)

We should be in town and staying with family in Folsom by the 21st.

I plan to make all the run-up events and the 4WD run the day after the big event. (If the 4WD run happens.)

Who else is going? How many in your group?

How many of the events and activities do you plan to attend?

We'll be there. We arrive in SF on the 20th. Caching there until Friday when we head to Sacramento for more caching. We'll be at the Friday night and Saturday events. Sunday we'll be in the San Jose area and Monday along the coast. Red eye back to NC Monday night, land, go to work.

We will not be there. Initially, I thought that we might be able to go, but we decided to go to the Olympics, instead. I don't have enough annual leave to do both.

I won't be at GW, but I am partial to the Olympics, since I live nearby. :) If you want/need any input for your trip, email me or drop by the Northwest forum. We are always happy to help out visitors to the sunny Pacific Northwest...advice, caching tours, event get-togethers....we do it all.

Edited by hydnsek

GeoWoodstock VI

Last count posted about a week ago shows over 2100 registered!

I've been predicting 3,000+ on the day of the event since last year. That event is is smack in the middle of the most active caching community in the U.S. The final number could be a shocker. :):)

We're gonna need a new icon (MONSTER Event) for this one IMO. Heck, the meet and greet will be a MEGA event just like last year..... :D

and I'm going to be looking for some of those Snoogans sig items in the local caches :D

We have lots of non-geocaching family and friends in the area so I don't know how much cachin' I'll get done. I should be hittin' a few caches in Folsom, Orangevale, Carmichael, Winters, and Antelope.

Just come see me at any of the events and I'll give ya one. :)

Look for me at the event....I'll be the guy wearing the hat and holding a GPS.

Well, that narrows it down a bit. :D

We'll be there. Only 20+ miles from home. N will be cooking Friday night, and I (D) will be helping out at registration sometime Saturday.

e name='Kit Fox' date='May 2 2008, 07:32 AM' post='3456061']

I'm going :) . My only gripe is the 417 mile (one way drive). :D

If it's just you, I'd strongly consider the Amtrak route. Bus to Bakersfield 10:15AM train BFD to Stockton and bus to Sacramento arriving about 3:30 PM in Sacramento.

Fare from Adelento $66, Palmdale $60, Mojave $55. 10% discount if AAA member or 15% if 62+.

Check out my Oregon to Sacramento by Train post on geowoodstockvi.com in the forums.

I've been on several of the busses into and out of Bakersfield, they're OK.

Return trip gets back to the Antelope Valley late afternoon-early evening.

Hope to meet a lot of you in 3 weeks.

I'll be touching ground Thursday evening around 7:30 local time. Heading back out Monday afternoon.

2883ba09-bcd0-4d66-9725-20175de8fb21.jpg

Can't wait to meet you.

I have an interesting story to tell you.

I start cachin' that way starting TOMORROW!!!!

WOOOHOOOOO!!!

There will be four of us making the trek. Deermark, Bored of Ed, Kepnfit and I are excited about the trip. This will be Bored of Ed's first GeoWoodstock.

We leave on Friday, May 16th and head back home on Sunday, May 25th. We will be caching through the week.

I also know of several others who are attending:

Eye of the Pirate

Team Itchy & Scrathy

KrnlKlr & Moonshimmer

SherpaRon and L'il Al

Turtle3863

Solarwib

Kodiak62

DougSmiley

Wcnut and Tater have been to every GeoWoodstock. Unfortunately, thiey will not be there this year. We will miss you guys.

I'll be touching ground Thursday evening around 7:30 local time. Heading back out Monday afternoon.

Can't wait to meet you.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!

As long as it's NOTHING like the story I was told about you at GeoWoodstock II

fear-turtle.gif

Can't wait to meet you.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!

As long as it's NOTHING like the story I was told about you at GeoWoodstock II

fear-turtle.gif

NOPE.

It has to do with your capacity as a minister...... :blink:

e name='Kit Fox' date='May 2 2008, 07:32 AM' post='3456061']

I'm going :D . My only gripe is the 417 mile (one way drive). :D

If it's just you, I'd strongly consider the Amtrak route. Bus to Bakersfield 10:15AM train BFD to Stockton and bus to Sacramento arriving about 3:30 PM in Sacramento.

Fare from Adelento $66, Palmdale $60, Mojave $55. 10% discount if AAA member or 15% if 62+.

Check out my Oregon to Sacramento by Train post on geowoodstockvi.com in the forums.

I've been on several of the busses into and out of Bakersfield, they're OK.

Return trip gets back to the Antelope Valley late afternoon-early evening.

Hope to meet a lot of you in 3 weeks.

I explored the Amtrak option but with a family of four the cost was about $250 +/- and it means i'll have to skip a cache that has been on my "to-do" list for over three years.

Fossil Find GC6B91

Heh...I looked into Amtrak too...just for fun.

I didn't have 53 hours to kill! :D

Still, I had a friend in college who made the trip. It was pretty awesome.

I'll be flying into Sacramento around 7:30 pm on Thursday.

Look for me at the airport...I'll be the guy with the hat.....and carrying a lightsaber

404741c6-5048-4adf-bf1c-e832a7fd6a02.jpg

(the GPS will be in my bag)

Edited by CYBret

We'll be there. We arrive in SF on the 20th. Caching there until Friday when we head to Sacramento for more caching. We'll be at the Friday night and Saturday events. Sunday we'll be in the San Jose area and Monday along the coast. Red eye back to NC Monday night, land, go to work.

I'm traveling with Dave, fishingfools, and Night-Hawk for this year's version of Team CHB. This will be my fifth Geowoodstock; I expect to be a bit more relaxed than I was last year although it was a lot of FUN. I also hope to find a few more caches; I got leapfrogged by dozens of attendees.

Umm Bret-we are talking about CA airports. Lots of people will have light sabers and other galactic accessories I imagine. :D

Okay,

My wife, son, and I, will be there for the whole week! YAY! :D

We should be in town and staying with family in Folsom by the 21st.

I plan to make all the run-up events and the 4WD run the day after the big event. (If the 4WD run happens.)

Who else is going? How many in your group?

How many of the events and activities do you plan to attend?

Are you bringing your fridge door TB?

We're travelling to GW from British Columbia and we're bringing two cool TB's. The first is our Shark TB that was a gift from spud502 who has since left the west coast for Ontario. The Landsharkz Shark TB goes with us to events for discovering only. The second is one that kickedbuttedmonton brought it to us from Alberta! It's called 'Where's the Party?' TB and it wants to go to events too. Both these will be at our booth if anyone would like to discover them.

7b1b5d99-841f-4ce8-9269-cbb639f249e5.jpg

1c24937d-13ac-4c35-a68f-dc9e399b0f66.jpg

I am coming, and I am bring a threesome of trouble with me

8b8f2638-0c40-44a1-83f4-35551358ccb5.jpg

Teperky Sassy & Gordy Me and Flutey doing the Sexy Back Pose.

I am going to take you up on your offer for a smashed penny. I have a soft spot for signature items.

I can't wait!! We are driving down Thursday night and arriving in time to do some caching, check in our hotel, and show up for the little meet and greet.

Edited by Harriet the Spy