First to Find... Again!

fox-and-the-hound

Well a baby definitely slowed me down a bit, but while I may have shifted to a lower gear I'm still chugging along :mad: I've been rethinking my design approach lately and I think it's starting to pay off. I hope you think so to!

ftf-2.jpg

ftf-1.jpg

Icon32x32.gif

I'm going back to the beginning and applying what I've learned thanks to all your incite, inspiration and wonderful advice over the last couple years. The FTF (Version 2) pays tribute to the idea "We all know that when the race has begun, the fastest way to get there to be FTF is as the crow flies." This 1.75 inch and 3.5 mm thick trackable coin in Antique Gold has multiple elevations, recessions (sans enamels), imitation hard enamels and a custom icon of course! There's even a little homage to the first FTF in the design :mad: So while I might not be first to find anytime soon, I'm hoping you all enjoy the experience and the coin! As always, thanks so much for the feedback and support. :D

Oh, and you can find it here http://www.geocoinstore.com/index.php?main...products_id=197

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Yeah, thats a good one! Cool FTF coin...I still like your first one better :mad: I like the concept as well with the reference to "as a Bird flies"

Are those little worlds surrounding the boarder in the Translucent red?--- man I should get at least one!...or two! :mad:

Thanks for another great design!

Are those little worlds surrounding the boarder in the Translucent red?

Not words. They're called printers marks (called Fleurons today) and they were a beautiful part of the art of print setting at the end of the 1800's and the early 1900's. Saddly, they've mostly disappeared now and only show up on things like wedding announcements and legal documents. It's an artform that done well is something truly special and as a great admirer of the art of Typography, I try to use them when they compliment a design. This particular design came after about a week of catching partial episodes of LA Ink and Orange County Choppers. Lots of little ideas floating around and then suddenly I see a commercial for an old fashioned beer. The camera does a slow pan over this old-world style bottle neck label and BAM! It all comes together in an instant. Then it's just a couple slow weeks of sketching and re-sketching and finally putting it all together in pixels. ;)

Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback :D I know these were ordered in a limited number so far until we could guage reaction. I'd like to do a run in a silver as well though. If we did a Silver, would you most prefer Shiny, Antique or Matte (frosted) finish?

Ooohhhh... antique would be nice! :lol:

I have a question....

Is the 1st "First to Find" geocoin the one the crow has in his beak on this coin or is it the one with the eyeballs looking through a bush that I believe Chris Mackey made?

I need to know which one to try and get on ebay so I have both :D

Thank you

I have a question....

Is the 1st "First to Find" geocoin the one the crow has in his beak on this coin or is it the one with the eyeballs looking through a bush that I believe Chris Mackey made?

Thank you

It is indeed and the one with the eyes is the other side of the same coin. I bet you could find someone to trade with though before heading to the eplace :lol:

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

I have a question....

Thank you

It is indeed and the one with the eyes is the other side of the same coin. I bet you could find someone to trade with though before heading to the eplace :lol:

thank you :huh:

I'm going back to the beginning and applying what I've learned thanks to all your incite, inspiration and wonderful advice over the last couple years. The FTF (Version 2) pays tribute to the idea "We all know that when the race has begun, the fastest way to get there to be FTF is as the crow flies." This 1.75 inch and 3.5 mm thick trackable coin in Antique Gold has multiple elevations, recessions (sans enamels), imitation hard enamels and a custom icon of course! There's even a little homage to the first FTF in the design :huh: So while I might not be first to find anytime soon, I'm hoping you all enjoy the experience and the coin! As always, thanks so much for the feedback and support. ;)

Oh, and you can find it here http://www.geocoinstore.com/index.php?main...products_id=197

Beautiful coin! I just ordered a few. I will save them for when I place my first cache(s) when the weather warms up here. :huh:

Thanks!

If you develop a pin i will most likely buy some

Finally got the word back that a pin probably won't happen :laughing: (from the store anyway). I've asked about doing it just as a personal swag item though (got an okay on that) so I might have some later this summer. If the gold coin continues to do well we will definitely be doing an antique silver. Time will tell. :huh: Sorry for the long delay in response, but I only got the news this weekend. :blink: