New Geocoin for Sale - Serial Kacher

KappaAlpha Team

Count me on the weird side. I liked this little coin. I did buy 3 and paid for the shipping. I do not have them in hand yet, but I am willing to part with two of them in trades. Check out my list and email me if you want to trade. I just had to have a chance to get my first Landshark coin!

jodi

With the way WE Weirdos came about them, perhaps they'll be "worth" a "rare" coin in trade ;):(

[

Who said it didn't have an icon? A previous poster asked if there was one, and I didn't see any other banter about one.

Groundspeak database shows this:

1726.gif

I just got a reply to my e-mail to the "owner" and he confirmed the YES, it has its own icon. Actually, when you think about it, with the way our American dollar is, this may be right up there :(

Just out of curiosity...

What do you usually pay for a single coin to be shipped within the US?

It costs us $5.50 to have a single coin shipped to Canada from the US.

For 3 coins, the cost jumps to $10.50.

Are the shipments trackable?

How do you deal with lost shipments?

Any constructive advise will be useful so we can try and get the coins out to as many people as possible.

Regards, Ron

Just out of curiosity...

Any constructive advise will be useful so we can try and get the coins out to as many people as possible.

Regards, Ron

It costs me $1 USD to ship one coin to Canada. The shipment is not trackable, and goes via USPS First Class Mail. Some heavier single coins (yours wouldn't be) cost $1.31 USD.

Lost shipments, well, that's a risk that seller always take. If someone emails me their package doesn't show up, I tell them to wait 6 wks. from ship date. Yes, some packages take (6) weeks. That's just the breaks. Then, I ship them another, or refund their money. Honestly outweighs thieves, every time. If they get the second package, they pay for it, or send it back. I ship a half dozen coins of so to Canada every week, FYI.

TMA

We listed our share on our site on Christmas Eve at 3pm. By noon on Christmas Day our share were all gone except for a few that I took to our local End of the Year Event.

I know that I replace a few orders each month and it probably would be best to send everything with tracking but the higher shipping costs could be prohibitive to some folks.

I'm sure these coins won't last long once the locals find out about them! Do you have any events on the horizon?

Just out of curiosity...

Regards, Ron

It costs me $1 USD to ship one coin to Canada. The shipment is not trackable, and goes via USPS First Class Mail. Some heavier single coins (yours wouldn't be) cost $1.31 USD.

Lost shipments, well, that's a risk that seller always take. If someone emails me their package doesn't show up, I tell them to wait 6 wks. from ship date. Yes, some packages take (6) weeks. That's just the breaks. Then, I ship them another, or refund their money. Honestly outweighs thieves, every time. If they get the second package, they pay for it, or send it back. I ship a half dozen coins of so to Canada every week, FYI.

TMA

I need your post office, I've never been able to send a coin for a buck, only the geotags :(

I don't know how much it costs to ship from Canada to the US but I can tell you that just recently sending some coins to Canada here are some of the costs: 9.9 oz that was actually registered and insured was $10.15 (this package has to be signed for by the receipient).

Now for sending out regular first class packages to Canada here are some prices: 5.2 oz = $2.24, 6.8 oz = $2.55, 6.7 oz = $2.55... these packages had a minimum of 3 coins each.

Of course that doesn't incorporate the fees of paypal, envelopes, etc.

You asked for advise, so I'm posting what it cost me to ship to Canada as of yesterday. Your shipping prices for 3 coins does seem a bit excessive.

Thanks for the advice Moops Along, always good to hear from an experienced coin collector.

We have 2 events coming up in the next few weeks, a significant number of the remaining coins are already spoken for by local cachers who want to pick them up at the events.

Coin sales are going well, but we would really like to find a way to get some of them to the US.

Seems the cost for the European collectors isn't a problem, but their dollar is substantially higher. :(

BTW...

I listed one on ebay, that will be shipped non-trackable, to see how much interest it gets.

Just out of curiosity...

Regards, Ron

TMA

I need your post office, I've never been able to send a coin for a buck, only the geotags :(

I don't know how much it costs to ship from Canada to the US but I can tell you that just recently sending some coins to Canada here are some of the costs: 9.9 oz that was actually registered and insured was $10.15 (this package has to be signed for by the receipient).

Now for sending out regular first class packages to Canada here are some prices: 5.2 oz = $2.24, 6.8 oz = $2.55, 6.7 oz = $2.55... these packages had a minimum of 3 coins each.

You asked for advise, so I'm posting what it cost me to ship to Canada as of yesterday. Your shipping prices for 3 coins does seem a bit excessive.

Remember though, these coins ARE registered and insured. That's what makes it $10.95 (similar to your $10.15 to Canada). I think that's the biggest problem. I don't want mine registered and insured ;)

Just out of curiosity...

Regards, Ron

TMA

Remember though, these coins ARE registered and insured. That's what makes it $10.95 (similar to your $10.15 to Canada). I think that's the biggest problem. I don't want mine registered and insured ;)

Well good point but on the other hand if they are taking paypal, as I know very well due to recent experience, that is the only way to "protect" the seller and while it technically isn't required, they shipper is 'screwed' if anything happens and they aren't able to document the coins arrival. Unless of course you and everyone else is willing to write to paypal and prove you got your coins to help the seller out.

Just out of curiosity...

Regards, Ron

TMA

Remember though, these coins ARE registered and insured. That's what makes it $10.95 (similar to your $10.15 to Canada). I think that's the biggest problem. I don't want mine registered and insured :D

Well good point but on the other hand if they are taking paypal, as I know very well due to recent experience, that is the only way to "protect" the seller and while it technically isn't required, they shipper is 'screwed' if anything happens and they aren't able to document the coins arrival. Unless of course you and everyone else is willing to write to paypal and prove you got your coins to help the seller out.

Well, you already know I am. But, lets not take the thread too far down that road ;)

Wow, I must be at a lucky post office. For me to send one coin in a padded mailer from Cheyenne to another location within the United States.. it cost me .97 cents. I sent one coin and a Pathtag to Australia.. it cost me $4.35. Pathtags to Australia cost me just .41 cents. Of course, I have not sent these insured.. but I am willing to replace lost items, offer another coin in it's place or just refund money. I have not lost anything other than a Pathtag in the mail yet. I am knocking on wood!

Can't wait until these coins make it into my mailbox.

SWEET! B) I was hopeing I could get these. Just didn't want 3 of them. Now That I can chose I think I'll

be ordering 2. One for me and one for another friend. Thanks for offering them this way.

I'll get to ordering it later today.

-Dardevle-

Edited by dardevle

super cute, and i wanted one the minute i saw them. however, i am forbidden to buy anything until february!! actually, to tell the truth, holidays just passed and get paid again at month's end. arghhh....

Hey! It's february!

(Just kidding!)

To clarify - as some have asked....

Yes to custom icon (see above) and as for quantity in the universe - only 500 were minted in two finishes - a VERY limited gold finish and the remainder of the 500 in black nickel... While the jury is out about ever minting more (unlikely) it will never be a large volume coin.

:)