Symbology

Symbology_Small.jpg

Details:

- 2 inch diameter

- Antiqued Bronze and Antiqued Silver

- Special XLE available (details soon)

- Trackable at geocaching.com w/custom icon

- Available March with reservations to be taken late Feb

Enjoy! I'm quite happy with this one :lol::) :)

Another truely fantastic looking coin, sure to be another Crake classic :) Will be keeping an eye out for this too, will be getting a few (To keep & travel).

Thanks Chris :lol:

Dude, just when I think you can't top yourself you pull another GREAT one outta your hat!!

bowing.gif

We're Not Worthy!!!

:):lol:

"Once again" I'm in for a few! :)

D-man :)

I hope the XLE is copper, this coin would look awesome in copper! If so I hope manage to get 1 :lol: I work with the stuff everyday and am quite partial to copper finish coins.

I hope the XLE is copper, this coin would look awesome in copper! If so I hope manage to get 1 :lol: I work with the stuff everyday and am quite partial to copper finish coins.

Maaaaaaaaaaaybe.

I hope the XLE is copper, this coin would look awesome in copper! If so I hope manage to get 1 :) I work with the stuff everyday and am quite partial to copper finish coins.

Maaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Oh man, how many more sleeps??? :lol: Not many for me.. too excited to sleep :)

Dude, just when I think you can't top yourself you pull another GREAT one outta your hat!!

bowing.gif

We're Not Worthy!!!

:):lol:

"Once again" I'm in for a few! :)

D-man :)

Yeah. What he said. :)

Wow Chris! Totally awesome. Can't wait to see & hold these coins. Kudos! :D

And oh yeah - love your coin on there!

Edited by GPX Navigators

Ditto - what they all said!!

Chris' coins are the real WOW (not Vista!!) - IMHO of course :lol:

Darn it :lol: there you go again... just when I am doing well (kinda sorta) at not buying coins

You up and create another gorgeous one.... How will I ever meet the eyes of the budget police...

How do you do it Chris? You totally amaze me when you come up with gorgeous designs. I especially love how it is the plain metal no color, I think it adds elegance. I'll be watching for this one. Wow!

What's this symbol?

symbology_full.jpg

Forum icon - go up to the main forums and look at the icons for GPS Garage Sale, GPS and Ham Radio, etc.

How do you do it Chris? You totally amaze me when you come up with gorgeous designs. I especially love how it is the plain metal no color, I think it adds elegance. I'll be watching for this one. Wow!

The thought was "What can I do as a followup to Tracking Time?" and then this idea came to me. There are designs that just happen where I sketch an idea, hop onto my computer, knock it out in very little time, and I know its gonna be great. Then there are designs that I struggle with for months. Symbology was one of the former!

Also I've grown to really love antiqued finish and multi-layer designs. 3D effects at 2D pricing, plus the use of the dark antiqued areas instead of color...

Awesome coin!

Hope you are making plenty of them, this one will sell out QUICK!

Cant wait to add one to my collection...

Nice coin Chris. :lol:

Its more of a celebration of geocaching.com though, not the game as a whole. This is just one of several listing sites.

Its more of a celebration of geocaching.com though, not the game as a whole. This is just one of several listing sites.

Ah, but Groundspeak owns the trademark to the term Geocaching. So Geocaching is Geocaching.com.

Ah, but Groundspeak owns the trademark to the term Geocaching. So Geocaching is Geocaching.com.

And at least for me, it's my experience of geocaching. (Really? They own the term? Interesting.)

Oh, and OT: want one, want one, want one....

Are you sure about that? :lol: I seem to remember that being discussed in the forums a couple of years ago and the crux was that since the term had entered into general usage it could not be trademarked.

>Linky<

Edited by 9Key

Are you sure about that? :lol: I seem to remember that being discussed in the forums a couple of years ago and the crux was that since the term had entered into general usage it could not be trademarked.

Well if you look on the main GC.com website,

do you see anywhere the ™ symbol on the word geocaching?

Not that it changes anything, or that I really care all that much, but check out USPTO trademark serial number 78045228.

Edited since the original link expired.

Edited by crake

Fair enough. :lol: I guess JI recinded his remarks from 2001.

As usual, you have another beautifully detailed coin. Your attention to detail is spectacular! Can't wait for this one and I sure hope I don't miss out.

Edited by Degai

Super coin! Quik question - where will the tracking # appear? Very tight design!

Tiki

Edit - upon closer examination I am guessing in the upper back on the rim - where there is a little blank spot?

Edited by tiki

:wub: Can we pre-order please? I'd like 3. :cool:

And (unlike some coins with maps) it has 'New Zealand' on it! :cool:

It's beautiful.. can't wait to add it to my collection.

> Tracking Number

My photos always have the tracking number area blank, but yes - the space between the diamonds on the reverse will be the tracking number, nice and large and easy to read!

> New Zealand

Well, the words at least :cool:

> Preorder

Not yet, but don't worry... you'll have plenty of opportunity to get this guy.

> Way-too-nice-comments

Thanks everyone :cool:

oohh LaLa!!! :blink::wub:

I bet'cha our coin club will be doing a small run of this one....especially since our leader loves symbology!!! ;)

Beautiful coin....again....Chris!!! :D

OK, here's the dirt on availability... I plan to have some with me at the TX Challenge in mid-March. Then orders will ship to others in the weeks following. So if you're going to the challenge, come find me - I'll be on the CenTex team helping keep the title! :(

I don't think I will make it there :( But I will be hangin' out to get some of these beaut coins in hand.

Still not sleeping...

but when I do...

I'm dreaming...

of...

A Copper Symbology Coin :anicute:

My photos always have the tracking number area blank, but yes - the space between the diamonds on the reverse will be the tracking number, nice and large and easy to read!

Thank you!! My eyes aren't as young as they once were :( But then, we've traded a couple of e-mails on this topic, so you know how I feel about nice, big tracking numbers :anicute:

Looking forward to getting a few of these. Budget? What's a budget? :anicute: