"owner" notification email not received

4leafclover

Placed a new cache, and never got the notification email that the cache had been found. I received plenty of other emails from gc.com...just not that one.

I too have had this problem for a couple weeks now. I keep a list of how many people find my cache so I know when to go and change the log. I went the other day and according to the emails I got the log should have had 5 spaces left. In actuality the log was full and people had been signing on the back side. I went and looked on the cache page and sure enough, 9 people had logged "finds" but I never got an email notification on any of them. What's up with the email notification on cache finds????

Add me to the list of people who suddenly aren't getting some e-mails from the site. A few minutes ago, I received the "Groundspeak Weekly Notification" e-mail. It listed two new caches that had been published, one yesterday and one today, that I was never notified about (I've been signed up for "instant notifications" for months).

My e-mail account is with Insight Communications, in case that makes any difference. I've checked the spam folder in my e-mail client (I use Outlook), and there's nothing from geocaching.com or Groundspeak.com there.

Since other folks are reporting problems cropping up at the same time, using other ISPs, I'm becoming convinced that something's up at geocaching. com in this case.

--Larry

OK, new question. Is everyone that's having a problem using GMAIL? Maybe it's an issue with them.

If so, anyone have any ideas what we, as users, can do about it? Obviously emails from geocaching.com are on my whitelist, since i'm getting SOME, but not all, of the notifications.

In my case, at least, it's not gmail. As I mentioned, my e-mail comes via Insight. I have a gmail account, but I don't use it for geocaching stuff.

--Larry

Add us to the list of those not getting notifications of watchlist, or bookmark, no one has found any of our caches today, but guess those are affected too. We use a gmail account for gc.com e-mail.

s&j

Edited to say someone did move one of our TBs and we didn't get that notice.

Edited by sillygirl & jrr

After reading this thread I went and checked, my last email from geocaching was at 7:00am this morning Pacific time, three caches of mine were found today, and one TB/coin was moved, and a cache was published within my notification area, no emails on those, but I did get the weekly email notification of new caches this afternoon. Email is hotmail.

Edit to clarify.

Edited by jcar

OK, new question. Is everyone that's having a problem using GMAIL? Maybe it's an issue with them.

If so, anyone have any ideas what we, as users, can do about it? Obviously emails from geocaching.com are on my whitelist, since i'm getting SOME, but not all, of the notifications.

I do not use GMAIL.

I have my own domain for my own site. I use email addresses that I setup through that. As of this post I still have not received any GC.com emails. I sent test emails from an external account and all went through fine and even called my host, they said that the email server is fine no hiccups or the like.

I use gmail and have been for a while yesterday was the first time I didn't receive notification of a find. a gc.com issue?

Is it possible gmail will fix what ever the problem is or should I change to a different email address?

thanks so much

Pepper

I use gmail and have been for a while yesterday was the first time I didn't receive notification of a find. a gc.com issue?

Is it possible gmail will fix what ever the problem is or should I change to a different email address?

thanks so much

Pepper

I don't believe it is related to gmail. My last notification email was between 11 AM - 12 PM yesterday and have not received anything since. A few people have been experiencing similar issues and are not using gmail.

thanks so much

Pepper

I don't believe it is related to gmail. My last notification email was between 11 AM - 12 PM yesterday and have not received anything since. A few people have been experiencing similar issues and are not using gmail.

thanks spazz

Pepper

It seems likely that this is a Geocaching.com problem and not related to any of our providers. I'm using Roadrunner in Southern California. I have not received a notification, owner, or watchlist message in over 24 hours.

Don

Edited by Don_J

Not sure if it is a gmail thing or not....I have noticed this last week I have got a substantial fewer amount of emails from GC than I usually do. I am a stats person so I have over 75 caches on my watchlist for a variety of reasons....so emails from GC are constant. Chances are some of them have been missed. I posted a note to one of my caches and the email went through just fine. Not sure what is going on.....I use gmail as well.

I use a yahoo account for my geocaching mail and noticed that it got unusually quiet yesterday aftenoon. I started checking today and noticed that a couple of my caches had been found since then and no notification. Probably I am missing other notifications as well such as things on my watchlist or new caches being published, caches being disabled/enabled/archived, etc. Hope this gets fixed soon!

Add one more name to the list. I haven't seen owner notification or new cache notify emails since about 9am (PST) on the 25th. My ISP is Comcast.

Yup, I'm seeing about the same cutoff time for all cache log emails (owner, watchlist and insti-noty)...although the Weekly Notification made it fine later in the day.

Edited by Stunod

I wonder if it's something to do with a "blacklist" site...for it to be affecting all of these different ISP's, it's either something at Groundspeak, or something with an intermediate party that multiple services use. The reason I'm questioning is because the messages everyone seems to be missing all come from "noreply@geocaching.com" while both PQs and weekly notifications come from different emails.

Just a thought, hopefully it gets fixed soon :D

Celticwulf

I wonder if all the emails that we have all missed in the last 24 hours is going to flood our inboxes when whatever is causeing them to dam up finally breaks.

I got an email from a user who was trying to contact me through the GC site and it worked just fine....still haven't seen any watchlist/owner emails.