MISSION: Secret Geocoin Santa

Fluttershy

WooHoo !! :laughing:B) My Secret Santa package arrived yesterday and just in time for Christmas from the land down under and many thanks for the Saving Shilo - Team Myth and the Canadian Volunteer Geocache Reviewers geocoins. :mad::huh::huh:

Thanks again Fluttershy for putting this all together :o:(:D and to my Secret Santa from the Land Down Under :D:D:D

Edited by chief20r2

I'm certain Santa still hasn't arrived for several participants.

I haven't received an email from anyone saying that they couldn't complete their Mission,

so that's wonderful news!

But just in case someone did not get to the mailbox, please be sure to email me at nyallieny@aol.com

This has been the best Holiday Season ever, sharing it with YOU...

You have really made my Christmas. All of the giving & receiving is amazing, but what really

made it special was the participation and the friendly atmosphere everyone created.

I feel as though I almost know some of you now, which is very unique.

Of course, I want to collect Geocoins, but It makes collecting your coins that much more special.

I received a lot of Thanks, (and gifts) but the Gift of friendship is what I will hold closer to my heart.

Santa may retire his boots soon, but I know someone with a set of Wings that will knock your socks off

in February!

Much Love,

Allie

Oh Allie - you really made this special for everyone who participated. :P It was great how so many just jumped in and started getting their packets of goodies ready to be mailed. I know we had fun planning ours out and really enjoyed the extra fun it added to the holidays. :D We activated our gifts last night. So much extra joy around here! Those coins will always be special to us. Thanks again to our Secret Santa, Allie and the geocoin community all together! Great job to everyone!

I heard a faint voice from the mail box this late afternoon saying :P "HoHoHo" :D , but again was tooo late :D to spot anyone out there at that mailbox. :D But to my outmost enjoyment :D found my second secret santa package. :D grabbed this not so small one, and ran inside to open it.

---------- [side Note:] I am learning everyday something new. I did not know that Santa had an outpost in Macon, GA! ------

Four beautiful coins, a BN Loggerhead coin plus an identical one with the same tracking number engraved, a BikeDog Memorial coin and a Zodia Libra. (Now I definitely believe in Santa again, otherwise how would anyone out there know that my birthday is in the Zodiac of Libra?)

Anyway, long words for saying Thank you to My Secret Santa for four love,y coins I did not have and very much like, and especially to Fluttershy for a great bit of Christmas Spirit distributed over this holiday season.

Christmas has spilled over to the next day! Was very excited to find my Secret Santa coins were in my mailbox this aftnernoon! All three coins were ones I didn't have:

4th Annual Scottish Cache Bash

Finland 2006

and my favorite of the three, that I've been wanting for a long time:

Geocat Coin--I think it's a gold LE?

What a wonderful surprise for the day after Christmas!!! Thanks so much to my Secret Santa.

This was a wonderful project; both on the giving and receiving end--thanks to Allie and everyone for making it so much fun. Can't wait for the next secret game!

Cool! I got an extra Christmas present to open today in the mail.

Inside:

Czech 2006 Geocoin in my favorite antique silver

Texas Geocaching coin - not trackable, but way cool,

Especially since Texas is one of the few states outside of UT that I've cached

and Great Smoky Mountain Geocoin - my kids love Smokey the bear

Thanks santa!!

Unfortunately, the envelope - also a treasure - was destroyed in this mailing. I retrieved it from the box with one of those little post office baggies around it - the kind that say 'sorry it was messed up'.

At first I didn't mind since all 3 coins were nicely taped to the inside of the envelope and still somewhat in tact; But a small note included with the package explained that this envelope had travelled from BeckerBuns in San Jose, to Damenace in UT, then to OH, then to.... (the second note was torn and unreadable - so I don't know how much farther it went - but at some point it made it to my Santa and then to me). What a sad demise. :D

And worse still, I don't know who my Santa is because the postmark and part of the note were unreadable. So, thank you - whoever you are. This was a lot of fun and made my day!!

:P

My Secret Santa package arrived today, and he bring me a Original Stash, a Las Vegas geocoin and a Pirates of Harriman III event coin, as a bonus he also bring a green Jeep TB and 4 personal bomblebuttons.

I want to thank to my Santa :laughing: and to Allie for make this happening.

Best wishes to you all and all the best for the new year.

It was the night before Christmas,

And what should appear?

Two tiny feet

but not made by reindeer!

It was this I was searching

and knew what to do.

Secret Santa had left

a mysterious clue!

A nickel, an icon, a state,

and a code . . .

With the help of a list

all was clear and was told.

The number of caches

Secret Santa had placed,

And from this evidence

an identity was traced.

So, Merry Christmas to all!

And, especially to you, LoriDarlin,

The name of my Secret Santa I did find!

The one who is fun, mysterious,

so generous and kind! :laughing::D:D

to quote Timothy North-Beardsley from Yours, Mine, and Ours (original) :

Santa Claus been here! Santa Claus been here!

in the envelope was

Quigley Jones (i was too broke when the invoices went around to get one of these)

Canada Micro

Nederlandse Geocoin '06

Forty n Eight Quarter

Whitebear

Thank you so much!!!

now i feel bad because i only sent out 3 coins :)

maybe i should send out a New Years package :P

I haven't even received a lump of coal from my Secret Santa. I'm getting a little depressed reading all the responses. No matter how this turns out, I'm in for the Secret Cupid, because this is such a great project.

I know that feeling. I think Santa slipped mine in the wrong mailbox or something. But hey. It was fun just sending some coins out and watching all the responses :)

My Secret Santa package arrived from "near" the North Pole today!!

I received 3 coins on my seeking list:

2006 British Columbia

Landsharkz

Tiki Biki-Biki (I missed the original sale date but my collection is complete now!!)

And a Christmas BONUS COIN:

Lemon Fresh Dog's 2006

I wonder who my Secret Santa was???

THANK YOU VERY MUCH LFD...er Santa!!

Santa may or may have come for me yet. Glad to see that the coins I sent out arrived last week though.

Our community mailbox was broken into over the holidays, and all the gift cards from the grand parents were taken and quite likely several packages of coins. I am stil hopeful that the Secret Santa package wasn't in there yet.

If you were my secret Santa and you have been waiting for a post from me, this may be why I haven't posted yet. Fingers crossed, but if you got a delivery confirmation, you may want to let Allie know. I will definitely post if I get them, but wanted to give an update.

Thanks again. This gift giving idea is so awesome!

-paul

HiDude_98

YESS!! My Secret Santa package arrived today!!

In it were 4 beautifull coins, I did not yet have!!

a Silver Project A.P.E.

a Bronze 2006 Alaska Geocoin

a 2005 Ontario's First

a 2006 Toronto

also 2 Geocaching stickers and 2 wooden Nickles from 57chevy

57chevy, you're the best! I am sooo pleased with the coins, they are beautifull !!

and Fluttershy: :ph34r: a BIG THANK YOU !!! :ph34r: for organizing this!

It was great fun and it really felt good to give and to receive surprizes to and from other cachers!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Twin Peaks

Santa finally arrived today! He did have to travel quite a distance to arrive, and it took him about 2 weeks. I was afraid that the Grinch had intercepted him somewhere along the way.

In my package were:

(2) Spud502 coins

Atlantic Canada Geocaching Association

Treeplanter-Michigan

Wow! He sent four coins that I don't have! Thanks "Santa"!

Edited by 4BOWS

Woohooo :) arrived.

Today I got;

A Firefly03 2006 signature micro (wait and see the cache I design for this everyone will be looking for something big enough to hold a standard geocoin...muhahahhaa love it) even has a little hold to add tag to stop it getting lost in the wild. Groovy it evens glows in the dark.

A DarrylW4 film canister micro That makes 2 new caches to play with :D

A gold combined DarrylW4 and Firefly03 A well desinged coin with great quote on the back.

And a Bonus "City of Roseville Michigan" coin

Wow thanks Firefly03 and DarryW4, hope everyone had a great christmas.

A special thankyou to Fluttershy for an inspiring idea. Count me in for this kind of fun anytime.

Steve aka Rallywrxwagon

WooHoo! Santa came today.

He was vacationing in Florida <_< Awesome packaging with the coins individually wrapped in Christmas

paper. Very nice touch.

Santa brought me:

LE The 4 F's Geocoin

Blue Canary Geocoin

Thanks for the Cache Geocoin

So awesome! Thank you so much for the great coins. What a great present. Secret Santa you were so kind

to me.

Thanks again Allie for putting this all together for us. It was truly wonderful.

HiDude_98

Please post if you have not received your Secret Santa Mission...

I'd like to know how many we're waiting for. I'll be away until Monday, so I will answer any

responses then.

I know that there are several international shipments, and some areas that have slower mail service.

I'd like to keep track of those still waiting!

Thanks! ;)

~Allie

I am still waiting here.

kerstmis01.gif

Yesterday I received a coin from Idaho that was shipped to me 4 days ago :(

Today I received a coin from Washington that was shipped 20 days ago :D

I shipped some coins to the US 12 days ago: no sign of them yet!

All Priority Airmail!

International shipments are really weird lately. ;)

I really hope you get yours soon!!

Back from holidays to a wonderful mailbox full of coins!

Thank you Secret Santa!

I went through and don't see that the person I sent to as having recieved the coins yet.... :rolleyes:

They were sent some time ago, but maybe the Canada>US delay is in effect. At this point they really should be there.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

I was hoping to post pictures, but I can't wait to reveal the exciting news..... as I stated, I have my coins....and OH, what coins they are!

Get ready to get very jealous.

1) Bison Tube ammo can - -nice!

2) Mouth of the South - nice! (reminds of the Rolling Stones -- I CAN get some satisfaction)

and.....

oh man.....

oh wow.....

super-cool......

:ph34r:

A Keila and Hula Bum personal coin!!!!!!!

Are you KIDDING me! This is super-cool!!!!!

Pictures at 11