Dreamcatcher Coin Set [Pre-sales]

AtwellFamily

How are you going to attach the danglers to the web?

accessories-1.gif

was told they could use the same ring but loop through cutouts instead. Production samples will tell. If they look good will keep that way otherwise will put hole in 'of' at bottom of coin. Holding my breath that the first part looks good.

One possibility to investigate - your minter should be able to help - is drilling a very small hole in the bottom of the edge and cold-welding a tiny eyehook in the hole. Not sure of the cost on such a thing, but technically it is very feasible; seen it done on many things.

Sent an e-mail for too many, but how could I not? :ph34r::huh::unsure:

How are you going to attach the danglers to the web?

accessories-1.gif

was told they could use the same ring but loop through cutouts instead. Production samples will tell. If they look good will keep that way otherwise will put hole in 'of' at bottom of coin. Holding my breath that the first part looks good.

One possibility to investigate - your minter should be able to help - is drilling a very small hole in the bottom of the edge and cold-welding a tiny eyehook in the hole. Not sure of the cost on such a thing, but technically it is very feasible; seen it done on many things.

Sent an e-mail for too many, but how could I not? :ph34r::huh::unsure:

email sent for 1 earth. beautiful coin. :)

I love the look of your coin! The really nicley done! We also have a second edition of our coin planned that isn't for sale yet on the website.

Altigenman

WWW.iecachers.com

With collaboration from Windrose and Atwell Family we have created this truly unique Dreamcatcher Coin set. An idea born from two in which we are very proud of the collaboration and the use of both ideas to produce an exceptional design.

fire.jpg

air.jpgwater.jpgearth.jpg

(backs on the coin will only change the color, text is the same)

Each coin has 24 cutouts and a dangler that will be attached to the cutouts before shipping.

Each coin represents a different element:

Element - (Metal) - Colors

Fire - (Gold) - Red, Yellow, Orange

Water - (Silver) - Blue, Aqua, Green

Air - (Black Nickel) - White, Blue, Gray

Earth - (Copper) - Brown, Tan, Green

COIN PRICE:

US$9.00 each s/h included (United States or Canada). Worldwide shipping adds $4.25 per order.

US$33.00 ~set of 4~ s/h included (United States or Canada). Worldwide shipping adds $4.25 per order.

Limited trades will be considered, please email windrose53@yahoo.com

COIN and DANGLER STATS:

Size: 1.5” coin, .75” dangler

Thickness: 3mm coin, 1mm dangler

Metal: as specified above (looking to produce equal quantities of each metal)

Trackable: Yes, www.geocaching.com

Icon: Yes, Dreamcatcher or portion of Dreamcatcher

Activation codes: will be available at www.CoinCodes.com

Unique Features: 24 cutouts, dangler, and etching on edge of coin “trackable at geocaching.com PC####”. edge.jpg

PRE-ORDER email INFORMATION:

If you are interested in reserving, please send an email to mike@atwell.com

Subject: Dreamcatcher

(Copy and paste this into the email)

Geo Nick:

Paypal Address:

Email Address:

Quantity per metal (or specify set):

STEPS UNTIL SHIPPING:

1. Post add in forum for pre-sales (November 14)

2. Pre-Production Sample posted to forum (on or about December 4)

3. Invoice those interested in purchasing (on or about December 4)

4. Ship coins mid to late December (hopefully in time for the holidays)

Could the atwell family maybe post the names of the people who have ordered coins so we know for sure you got our order. And also include how many of each metal are left. It would be helpful because I have been fretting about whether you got my order or not. :laughing:

He's traveling on business the next couple of days (and he has all the data, so I haven't a clue). I'm not sure if he'll have access to a PC/Internet while he's traveling, but I'm sure he'll post as soon as he can.

Windrose

Could the atwell family maybe post the names of the people who have ordered coins so we know for sure you got our order. And also include how many of each metal are left. It would be helpful because I have been fretting about whether you got my order or not. :P

He's traveling on business the next couple of days (and he has all the data, so I haven't a clue). I'm not sure if he'll have access to a PC/Internet while he's traveling, but I'm sure he'll post as soon as he can.

Windrose

I am out of town and not 100% accessable. I will send email to inform those who have ordered. I will be back in town for the 22nd only. Then gone again. I try to send it then.

I’ve spoken to Atwell Family and as soon as he can, he’s going to post a list of the caching names of everyone who’s ordered (or arranged trades) to his webpage, and he’ll post the link to it. He’s also given me the approximate totals so far, so I can answer that question. Before I post the number though, I think I should explain our reasoning as to the quantities.

Our original plan was to mint 520 coins, hoping we’d be able to sell 400. But when we announced the coin, the response was so much more than we expected, that we had orders for over 400 coins in less than 24 hours. So if we had stuck to the original plan we would have had to cut off orders then.

We discussed it and decided to continue taking orders for another week and see where we stood at that time, leaving the total number of coins we’re going to mint undecided.

As of today (the one week mark) the total coins (including the 120 we’re keeping ourselves) is approximately 750. So now another decision, do we cut off orders now – or do we continue taking orders until we have the production samples in hand and are ready to invoice buyers, which will be approximately 2 more weeks.

Having discussed it (at length) again, we’ve decided to go with the second choice. I remember coin sales in the past that were done this way -- Everyone orders until a set date, then production totals would depend on how many orders were placed. I also remember that occasionally this caused hard feelings on the part of some cachers, but hopefully that won’t be the case this time.

We’re very proud of the coins, and would like everyone who wants one to be able to get one. Again, hopefully, the number of coins being produced isn’t going to upset anyone and hopefully no one’s going to feel that we’re “milking it”. However if anyone does want to cancel their pre-order in light of this information please send Atwell family (or myself) an email.

We’ll post final totals when we’re ready to place the order with the mint.

Thanks,

Windrose

I was able to view the file but only through I.E. (I normally use Firefox and it asked me what I wanted to open the file with and only gave I.E. as a choice). I have never heard of an 'mht' extension. Oh well, was able to view the list and my handle is on it so I am good to go. I normally am not fond of the number of coins being minted going up and up as demand soars but this is such a beautiful coin, I'm not really upset. Normally, the more of coin that are produced, the less it is worth as a collectible but that reasoning is pretty silly since I don't sell my coins and don't intend to in the future. I'm happy you are trying to get coins for anybody that wants one so that makes it all OK in my book.

I was able to view the file but only through I.E. (I normally use Firefox and it asked me what I wanted to open the file with and only gave I.E. as a choice). I have never heard of an 'mht' extension. Oh well, was able to view the list and my handle is on it so I am good to go. I normally am not fond of the number of coins being minted going up and up as demand soars but this is such a beautiful coin, I'm not really upset. Normally, the more of coin that are produced, the less it is worth as a collectible but that reasoning is pretty silly since I don't sell my coins and don't intend to in the future. I'm happy you are trying to get coins for anybody that wants one so that makes it all OK in my book.

I usually use Firefox as well. Had to quickly put this list together between trips. Saved it in MSWord. Single web page and this is what was created. I'll figure it out next time, to open in both.

Here is a picture of the samples

71faa0c8-b018-4213-a4f9-53128ac6a4f5.jpg

We are working on making the jump ring smaller and connected through the cutouts only, not around the outside of the coin.

Final production numbers will be given to mfg by Friday AM. With two weeks production, we should be able to ship by the end of the month. I will invoice in the first week of December. Thanks to all who have placed their orders.

Greets, Just my opinion, think it should remain on the outter ring of the coin and dangle if placed through a cut out the tassle will lay on top of the coin not off the edge if I understand this correctly perhaps you can clarify , just my thoughts here, perhaps just reduce the diameter of the ring ? . Glenn

Greets, Just my opinion, think it should remain on the outter ring of the coin and dangle if placed through a cut out the tassle will lay on top of the coin not off the edge if I understand this correctly perhaps you can clarify , just my thoughts here, perhaps just reduce the diameter of the ring ? . Glenn

Looking to add it here.

a7e52a21-17fd-4c08-b4ce-bd04a06189d6.jpg

The feathers will still dangle but the ring will be smaller. The other choice would be to drill hole in outside ring about 8:00 in the coin and hook the ring there. I just don't like the size of the ring right now, looking for alternatives.

Edited by Atwell Family

Check out fishing gear rings. I'm not sure what the technical name is, but they have a little split ring (kind of like a key chain ring) for fisherman in a bunch of sizes and in boxes of something like 200 for a few dollars. I'll look around and see if I can find what they're called. - Hound

Something like this: Bass Pro SWIVELS

Not sure how to hook to both coin and feathers.

What about something like this from that page even have Nickel and BN :D ??

OVAL

72233.jpg

EDIT to add same responce to above poster ,, difficult !!

I think a smaller ring would look better but I definetly think the ring should go in the outer ring on the coin. At the 8:00 position. Rather than thru the dream weave part of the coin. IMHO

My concern with doing somthing like this is that I don't think the mint will buy something like it to do this. And I really don't want to open up 900 of these to add the feathers to each.

I am leaning away from the 8:00 just so there is no hole in the coin. I am going to try and find a junpring tonight and see how my idea will look. Or a smaller ring around the outside of the coin.

Other thing to note (hot sure if you can tell from image) feathers are only 1mm thick, so it will not be like two coins sitting on each other.

I like the input, it has given me some ideas. Thanks

What about something like this from that page even have Nickel and BN :D ??

OVAL

72233.jpg

EDIT to add same responce to above poster ,, difficult !!