Personal Stamps

I come to this sport as a converted dartmoor Letterboxer of old so I am surprised how few personal stamps are used to log in at caches.

It was all the rage to cut your own stamp from a rubber to use when visiting the boxes. The Captain Goretex is one in question, made by photocopying a design then ironing it onto a rubber then cutting the design using a lino cutter.

There were some real experts a few years back, before the advent of the desktop publisher.

if you do have one post a copy here so we can try to encourage some support, they are more interesting than the usual thanks a lot entry.

I hold the dubious honour of bing first cacher in UK to use a stap back in the days when you could count the number of cachers and caches on two hands. :o

I took the idea from letterboxing, and had mine made up by a local firm. Its handy at cache bashes stamping the kids hands.

trooper.jpg

Merry Crimbones peeps

Edited by Moss Trooper

Ours is not a homemade one either (yet another from www.rubberstampz.co.uk), its a little bigger than we wanted but it was the smallest that they could do with the design so we made some small peel-off stickers for the more petite log-books.......

bc.JPG

Edited by Clyde.

Part of the reason we called ourselves Purple Penguin (apart from our liking for the colour purple and penguins) was so we could have our own stamp. We got the idea from The Crinklys in Cornwall, who have their greyhound in the middle and The Crinklys written round the edge. We have 3 stamps with different size penguins on them, so we have a small one, which is suitable for micro logs and 2 bigger ones. Then all we needed was a purple inkpad. I will scan them in next week. P of PP

Best Rubber stamp I've seen is The Mars Bars.

:lol: Why thank you for the compliment :o

log1.jpg

Self inking so I never get inky fingers or forget the pad!

Just supplied a good quality black and white jpg and

www.rubberstampz.co.uk did the rest. :(

I'd be careful of the 'Copyright' police!

:o They can have 100% of the profits that I have made from thier logo plus damages. :lol::huh:

Yes you're right!

I ordered up a stamp and they sent me a promotional code to get 10% off and said to pass it round my friends and family, so I posted it up on this forum a while ago. It didn't have an expiry date, but I have no idea if it's still valid.

They were very helpful when I put my stamp together and it makes logbook signing (stamping) much easier (especially when in the company of Sensei who also carries a date stamp!)

iif it indeed is, then perhaps mr sensei will log the promo code here, as i didnt make a note of it!

bring on the stamps!!!

I have no promo card or did I ever have. I got my stamp online from a company in North London and the stamp is actually used for my Karate Club - horses for causes! or something like that.

Sorry I cannot help.

Oss!

Oops... you wouldn't like my stamp then, it clips a sTeamTrain™ silhouette out of the log book.  Only a small one mind, the next page only loses about 2sq.cm.

This is the type of thing I am thinking of, but don't know how to get one made, where did you get yours?

Oops sorry, didn't see you'd replied until just now.

I bought mine off the shelf at a "scrapbooking" store in Toronto. The story was that a couple of days earlier we'd found a cache with a log entry from a cacher called Jackrabbit, who'd clipped the log with a rabbit-shaped cutter. I mailed him to ask where he got it and he said, "/a/ he'd forgotten, /b/ he'd lost it, /c/ to let him know if I found one" ! Anyway, we found it quite by chance (most of the cutters were a lot "girlier" than a locomotive).

I'm not sure if you can get them made - the mechanism, though fairly cheap, looks like the kind of think you'd make in a die rather than one-off. It involves a piece of metal with quite sharp edges passing through a compatible orifice (oo-er missus). If the log page is damp it can sometimes stick and tear. I need to clean it out every 100 caches or so with WD40.

Was that Alibags Top Tip #1?

That's right! This week you have been treated to Alibags' rant #1, Alibags' Top Tip #1 and also Alibags' #useless bit of information #1. I spoil you, I really do! :tired:

(Does Rutson get this grief? I don't think so!! :cry: )

:(:(:P

p.s. sTeamTraen - It's what Dawn Bibby (who she?) recommends, and doing so has not trashed my cheap and nasty punch (made out of recycled marzipan), so you should be okay... obviously don't ever force the punch

ive lost my 10% voucher has anyone still got theres......... everytime i come to order i cant find the darn voucher

i would really appreciate it if anyone has got one :(

Just click on the discount voucher link and type in stampz10.

Got my stamp today in the post, after a lot of help from a certain cacher, who converted my avatar photo to a black/whiite outline, and who will remain nameless lest everyone asks him to do the same for them!

And the result is very good (the actual size is very small at 2.6cmx 1.5cm):

stamp.jpg

Edited by Firth of Forth

Argggg why did I have to read this thread!!

Now I want a rubber stamp!!

The Mars Bars stamp is the one we see the most in caches. It stand out thats for sure.

Now I am going to bed before I read anything else that means more caching ideas!!

Lolly

We got ours from www.superstickers.com which was really good because you just upload your image and add text and click go... Stamp arrived some three weeks later.

Bambi.

We got ours from www.superstickers.com which was really good because you just upload your image and add text and click go... Stamp arrived some three weeks later.

Bambi.

I don't know the difference in price, but with www.rubberstampz.co.uk you do all that as well, but the stamps arrive 2 days later, rather than 3 weeks later.

Bambi.

I don't know the difference in price, but with www.rubberstampz.co.uk you do all that as well, but the stamps arrive 2 days later, rather than 3 weeks later.

mine is like my avatar with bobuk and my home coords round the out side.

ordered on-line from here arrived the following day..

very impressed with there service and i got a personel phone call to see if i was happy with there work..

B.

RIGHT!

My stamp looks like the one on the left but has SENSEI TSKC embroidered around the edge in gold leaf and is embossed on a platinum base. When stamped in log books it sparkles in the moonlight and radiates a golden glow during the day! and mine arrived at my door, gift wrapped and in the company of a beautiful woman, two days before I ordered it! In fact it came before I actually thought about getting one!

:D

Strange, there always seems to be a MP script to fit every occasion.

RIGHT!

My stamp looks like the one on the left but has SENSEI TSKC embroidered around the edge in gold leaf and is embossed on a platinum base. When stamped in log books it sparkles in the moonlight and radiates a golden glow during the day! and mine arrived at my door, gift wrapped and in the company of a beautiful woman, two days before I ordered it! In fact it came before I actually thought about getting one!

:tired:

:tired::)

Carlsberg don't make rubber stamps, but if they did... :D

Edited by NickPick