The 2005 Pennsylvania Geocoins Have Arrived!

YemonYime

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to report that the 2005 PA Coins have arrived! The coins will be processed and packaged this weekend and shipped out starting on Monday, 11/21.

For a first look at the PA Coins, please visit:

The 2005 Pennsylvania Geocoin Update Page

The coins are sold out, and are no longer available for purchase through the website. However, there will be a few very special auctions offered on eBay like THIS ONE in the coming weeks.

Thank you all once again for your orders and patience! :D

Sincerely,

Yime and the PA Coin Group from TRIGO

Why do I have to wait until the auction is over to have my coins?

Because we all have jobs, LadeBear, and the earliest that the group can get together to tackle the task of accounting for and packaging 1250+ coins is this Sunday.

And for those of you who have been complimentary, we sincerely THANK YOU! :D

If anyone has an extra to trade, I would love to trade a WildwoodBob & The Moose coin. I have been able to arrange a trade for 1 so far, but The*Moose (my son) and I are both coin collectors.

As you can see from the back of our coin, we are Pennsylvania cachers and would both love to have one of the coins.

WWBob1.jpgWWBob2.jpg

If anyone has an extra to trade, I would love to trade a WildwoodBob & The Moose coin. I have been able to arrange a trade for 1 so far, but The*Moose (my son) and I are both coin collectors.

As you can see from the back of our coin, we are Pennsylvania cachers and would both love to have one of the coins.

WWBob1.jpgWWBob2.jpg

email sent

The coins are sold out, and are no longer available for purchase through the website.  However, there will be a few very special auctions offered on eBay like THIS ONE in the coming weeks.

Am I wrong in my thinking that per GC rules coins must be offered initially for sale at cost? (at least those trackable on GC.Com). An ebay auction of coins would violate this condition, wouldn't it? Unless the coins were bought by someone at cost, and then re-sold, which is ok according to gc.com rules as far as I know. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. I've been wrong before.

Am I wrong in my thinking that per GC rules coins must be offered initially for sale at cost? (at least those trackable on GC.Com). An ebay auction of coins would violate this condition, wouldn't it? Unless the coins were bought by someone at cost, and then re-sold, which is ok according to gc.com rules as far as I know. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. I've been wrong before.

Hey Doc... I think (thought) that was for PC coins only, not group/state coins...

Am I wrong in my thinking that per GC rules coins must be offered initially for sale at cost? (at least those trackable on GC.Com).  An ebay auction of coins would violate this condition, wouldn't it?  Unless the coins were bought by someone at cost, and then re-sold, which is ok according to gc.com rules as far as I know.  Please correct me if I'm mistaken.  I've been wrong before.

Hey Doc... I think (thought) that was for PC coins only, not group/state coins...

Actually, I think we're both wrong. After doing some further reading, I believe that only coins bearing the Groundspeak logo are subject to the non-profit rule:

"The Groundspeak Geocaching Logos may be used only on non-commercial items. These items may include, but are not limited to shirts, hats, coins, logbooks, stickers and cache containers"

From here

So I guess the ebay auctions are ok.... unless I missed something somewhere else.

I would like to trade for one, I have my personal coin or any of these;

Selective Avallibility Off (Green)

Texas

Joy of GC

EU

Compass Rose

Buffalo Wings

Mount Everest

NW Penn. The counties one, with the cutout

Go-Mad-Cow

TEXAS Autumn

New Mexico

CC’s Benchmark

Edited by Cruiserdude
Actually, I think we're both wrong. After doing some further reading, I believe that only coins bearing the Groundspeak logo are subject to the non-profit rule:

"The Groundspeak Geocaching Logos may be used only on non-commercial items. These items may include, but are not limited to shirts, hats, coins, logbooks, stickers and cache containers"

From here

So I guess the ebay auctions are ok.... unless I missed something somewhere else.

Futher, I don't necessarily see the GC logo on it... I just see a matching color scheme. I don't see their little pictures or even the same shape...