New Durecell Tv Comercial

Panda Fan

I just saw a new Durecell Battery TV comercial. It was about local people in the rain forest plotting there area with a Garmin 60CS. :blink:

Even Durecell likes Garman better then Magellan. :rolleyes: he he

I hope they are learning about Geocaching as well.

Edited by Panda Fan

heh. I was talking about buying a Garmin. Hey, if it's good enough for people in the jungle, it's good enough for me.

I actually saw this commercial. The Duracell ads are some of the weirdest ever. Did anybody see that one where they use a Zoll (sp?) Defribulator to save some high-school basketball player's life? That' just morbid.

Magellan vs Garmin

Coke vs Pepsi

:P Can't we just get along?  :P

Its not quite a Coke vs. Pepsi issue. Its a proven fact that Magellan users are low-life, wife beating, alcoholic, child molesters.

Oh my Brian what's that post all about? :P

I've been using a Magellan for 3 and 1/2 years and i've never beat my husband with it, I'm not an alcoholic, I don't consider my self a low-life and I can can't even speak of your last comment!

:P So can you give us some facts young man, your kidding right? :o

Pepper

Edited by Pepper

May be a bit off topic-But I was watching a program on History Channel today and they were using an old Garmin 35, in the middle of a jungle in Mexico.Top that Magellan Users. A real life Garmin ad. Gotta love the Garmin. and by the way Blue GPS recievers are much cooler than the yellows LOL.

Magellan vs Garmin

Coke vs Pepsi

:P Can't we just get along?  :P

Its not quite a Coke vs. Pepsi issue. Its a proven fact that Magellan users are low-life, wife beating, alcoholic, child molesters.

Oh my Brian what's that post all about? :P

I've been using a Magellan for 3 and 1/2 years and i've never beat my husband with it, I'm not an alcoholic, I don't consider my self a low-life and I can can't even speak of your last comment!

:o So can you give us some facts young man, your kidding right? :P

Pepper

I read it in the Enquirer.

Magellan vs Garmin

Coke vs Pepsi

:D Can't we just get along?  ;)

Oh my Brian what's that post all about? :)

:D So can you give us some facts young man, your kidding right? :)

Pepper

Magellan people are just in denial. :)

Magellan vs Garmin

Coke vs Pepsi

Pepper

No we are not!

Magellan vs Garmin

Coke vs Pepsi

Pepper

No we are not!

Thus, my point is proven. :D

As of Monday I will be an employee of Thales, the French company that owns Magellan.  So no bad mouthing Magellan or my Merigold!!!  :(

Will you be relocating to Paris? Just kidding, a gps is a gps. From all I have read on these forums over the years, they are both pretty good units. Today was my last day of work so I am going back into retirement and full-time geocaching, yea, its' a tough job but somebody has to do it. There are not a lot of caches in baja, where I live, but it is nice to have the forums to play in.

I wonder if any of you have seen a Garmin G1000 unit, dual laptop size computer screens, weather link, air traffic link, communication radios link, and a ton of other stuff, not useful for caching, but is shows Garmin plays the field when it comes to navigation.

Another unit is the Garmin 396, a BIG handheld that does a lot of the above mentioned features.

Garmin also encourages Geocaching, I'd like to see other companies doing this, I guess they don't realize the market they would have in cachers wanting good rock-solid units.

BTW, I'm still a Lowrance guy, but wouldn't mind having a 60CS.

I have noticed that Garmin users seem to be very vocal about their choice. Similar to Mac users, Volkswagen drivers, vegetarians and single malt scotch drinkers. What's up with that? I have had experience with both and I use the Magellan more because...well the screen is a bit bigger. Which helps when I have had too much scotch. And too much steak.

The Airforce uses Magellan in their commercials.

Govt contracts=lowest bid= ? ? ?

:(

Not true, Coast Guard uses garmin at least at my unit we do!

While caching in the illegal-alien trafficking area of the Anza-Borrego desert in California, I once was pulled over by U.S. Border Patrol agents driving a Jeep Rubicon and sporting a GPSMAP 76CS on the dashboard.