Briansnat, Carleenp, Team Gpsaxophone…

My first atavar was a "no" symbol over a silhouette of a mouse head. I had used it when I was a Mousebuster, but didn't want to use it for ATMouse. (I changed my caching name). Still, I wanted to keep the "buster" part somehow and when I ran across the mouse and the firecracker, I thought it had been designed for me!

Sorry Sept1c, but I enjoy abusing my avatar. It is the dark side of me! :ph34r:

I see your point about a constant avatar allowing for recognition, but it really doesn't bother me much when people change, I always eventually read the name and see who it is. :lol:

Carleen's is always recognizable, though, as she uses the same character and theme.

Mine will change from time to time, however, it will always be the same recognizable green fella in shades.

(I really rely on the images for identification as well. Only when I don't recognize the image do I look at the name. If any of you ever steal someone else's avatar, I would never know. I would just assume it was the original person posting.)

:lol:

I've already changed my avatar since I posted in here last!  :lol:

<shame!> Abuser! </shame!> :D:lol:

Well, now. :P

Do you wear the same clothes every day? B) I think not! :ph34r:

Oh but you do wear the same face every day. B)

The avitar is a quick way to skim posts. There are some people who's posts I always read. Other posts I may skip or read depending on their first sentance or two. When everyone changes Avitars it takes some time to adjust. For some people though they change avitars so often you can't ever adjust so you end up skimming half by name and half by avitar.

I know. It can be frustrating. But, not enough for me to stop. :DB):D

I try to stick to an apple theme about 80% of the time.

Although I change mine occasionally, my avatar is almost always me.

I change mine occasionally as well... but it is usually never me, and if it IS, it's usually not there for long.

Don't wanna toot my own horn, ya know? :lol:

-=-

michelle

What have you got against horny people? :lol:

For a while we resembled that remark...c20ecb50-bf9f-4aa7-abd6-880b527c8e77.jpg

This one had the title "Horny Old Fart".

Or...1e73ff2a-e2d7-4153-9a2f-833a399d0b8b.jpg which was named "Just another Horny Old Fart"

WH:  When I first started posting in these forums, I would draw a conclusion to the gender of other posters based on their avatars

It also makes it more confusing when there are people like us oldfarts & you never know who is posting, unless we sign our posts. :P

But over the years our pic has changed a lot because we just can't make up each others minds about what we like the most... sampling...

109008_200.jpg109008_300.jpg

109008_800.jpg

109008_1500.jpg

cd3ff6ca-fbe6-4242-97fd-4df5539b4d7b.jpg

9758c168-86af-403c-a484-10de72879100.jpg

cafcbffc-393d-490c-998c-e25b7130e0a6.jpg

And My all time favorite that got us some strange comments because of the title "1871 BM!"

109008_400.jpg

So, yep, we are abusers! What ya gonna do about it? We are too old to mess with! :ph34r:

I have been considering setting this one up, but Jeremy has moved on from his hand pic & no one would see the humor now. Link to the 'oldfart'

Shirley~

And so does mutant SignalBubbles...

Gracious. So that is what the Signal freak of nature on a cartoon body is supposed to represent.

That avatar kind of freaked me out. Well, not "freaked" per se, but it did make pause on more than one occasion in wonder of what it was supposed to be....

Back on topic...

Nope, I am not an abuser. Part of that is I am too new (then again, some folks have changed their avatar half a dozen times since I have been on board). In my more newbie newb period (still a newb, in the grand scope of things), and not knowing much, I took the Jeep symbol PrairieJeepin' used, and modified it a bit, and used that one. Then I got a courteous email from said fellow stating it is not very nice to "steal" an avatar, and folks expect more out of someone in the service... well, I just did not know, and went avatar-less in consideration of those that .

Then I floundered around for a while, until I remembered the original "Jeep!" was a dog-like critter, and part of the background on my user name, so I adopted him as an avatar. Recently modified him into the "G" symbol, and have no plans for change unless I dress up Jeep! for holidays.

Edited by Jeep_Dog
And so does mutant SignalBubbles...

Gracious. So that is what the Signal freak of nature on a cartoon body is supposed to represent.

That avatar kind of freaked me out. Well, not "freaked" per se, but it did make pause on more than one occasion in wonder of what it was supposed to be....

I don't know if I should be pleased or offended. I worked hard on that for the Professor. :ph34r:

On topic. Ours started out with traffic signs that seemed to go with the whole Misguided theme. Someone used ours for Traffic Avatar day and we changed. It's then morphed into the current Team Misguided Logo and should stay that way for quite some time. I don't post in the forums much but may join in on an avatar day if the mood strikes me.

Although I change mine occasionally, my avatar is almost always me.

I change mine occasionally as well... but it is usually never me, and if it IS, it's usually not there for long.

Don't wanna toot my own horn, ya know? :lol:

-=-

michelle

What have you got against horny people? :lol:

I'm afraid of the nude photos that might show up in my email.

:P

-=-

michelle

is that why I don't have you email address? :ph34r:

My name's Cheesehead Dave, and I'm an avatar abuser.

I used to use cheese-based avatars that I would change for various reasons:

021eb2bf-635b-403f-b0d1-0a5d4855005f.jpg

For awhile I used anime characters:

4d5bf23f-ba5b-4b61-8d02-27b63bacbf30.jpg

ffe519a5-b2fe-479a-9fa7-cfe817091bca.jpg

(During this period, people had no idea if I was male or female... :ph34r: )

I had a few others...

7b319b8a-4246-4931-824c-47e55f36a22d.jpg

During the Olympics last year, I modified some of the event icons:

e0216acc-7431-4758-8c70-2b074e8881bf.jpg

Finally, I switched to cows. My avatar still changes from time to time, but I usually stick with a bovine theme:

789d4915-0c9e-459d-86c1-ca9208d61f0d.jpg

You should know us by the quality of our posts, not the little picture to the side of it.

I also love looking at avatars. Carleen's anime chicks, for one. I love them, and they're cute. Avatars can sometimes tell you something about a person. I never change mine, since I can't find or make a better one.

I advise people to change avatars more often. Just because i'm easily amused.

:ph34r:

-

(sp)

Edited by Marcie/Eric

My avitars:

37117_500.jpg37117_1300.jpg7bd385b8-c5c2-4970-9d69-885c5bff017c.jpg2730.jpg

There was a vampire fang black happy bunny version that Doc Dean did for me but that pic got lost. There was also flaming playboy rabbit head for a couple of days.

The Middle two were for Avitar Days. 95% of the time I've stuck with the Dragon Theme.

Edited by Renegade Knight

One way or t'other, there's always going to be a crow in mine, and although I can understand why people like to change their avatars, I sorta wish they'd stick to a theme so it would be easier to spot their posts if you're reading back through a lot of logs.

For examples, on the 14th, WascoZooKeeper stopped using a snail for the day and used a flag in honor of Flag Day. Confuzzled the daylights out of me! Ambrosia, I look for your apples. Stunod's chicken outfit is legendary.

Guess you could put it this way: a little bit of makeup or a new do is great, but the radical surgery takes a bit of getting used to.

When I first started posting in these forums, I would draw a conclusion to the gender of other posters based on their avatars.

I'm always disappointed when I go to an event and people don't look exactly like their avatars.

I some cases I would be very relieved to see that they don't look like their avatars! :o

But... But... This IS a picture of me!

When I first started posting in these forums, I would draw a conclusion to the gender of other posters based on their avatars.

I'm always disappointed when I go to an event and people don't look exactly like their avatars.

I some cases I would be very relieved to see that they don't look like their avatars! :o

Then as cool as it looks, I feel very bad that you have been impaled by a weather vane! :):oB):)

Then as cool as it looks, I feel very bad that you have been impaled by a weather vane! :):oB):)

It was a very tough Five Star Cache. And it only hurts when I smile.

Then as cool as it looks, I feel very bad that you have been impaled by a weather vane! :):)B):o

It was a very tough Five Star Cache. And it only hurts when I smile.

:(

Some people change their avatars often. Actually, I find this somewhat annoying (because I’m getting old, and set in my ways); I get used to seeing that image over in the left hand corner, and I get lazy and rely on it to identify who’s speaking.

lol, I have similar thoughs sometimes. But if you really want to confuse yourself, log ouf of the forums and read the posts that way... noone will have ANY avatars, looks very odd when you're used to them.

For the most part I think I've been pretty constant with my avatar, but it has changed a little bit.

22008_3200.jpg22008_3900.jpg22008_4000.jpg

But if you really want to confuse yourself, log ouf of the forums and read the posts that way... noone will have ANY avatars, looks very odd when you're used to them.

Come on, no mention about changing user names? You missed the opprotunity man! (or opportunity)

I have underwear older than my user name.

(ah, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that :o )

Edited by BlueDeuce

For a long time I also had an animated waving pikachu in my sig line, so regardless of the avatar, people would recognize me. It went when those were banned. I didn't really mind though since animation in avatars and sig lines can get rather annoying and crazy if a bunch of people start using them. I just added the text "pika waving." instead.

pokeanim4.gif

Come on, no mention about changing user names? You missed the opprotunity man! (or opportunity)

I have underwear older than my user name.

(ah, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that :) )

good point, thankfully most people keep at least their user names the same :o.

unlike you mr. teamelfo'clockeuce :o

Really? I bet I could make you change your mind...

I dunno about that.

Here's what the First Annual Avatar Event looks like in my head:

ad4ce0cd-337f-471b-a34a-349f905827bb.jpg

Ooh! I made the first annual avatar event! Do I get to claim a find for it? Afterall, it's listed right here on the website, unlike those temporary caches that aren't listed here but were placed for events :o

How funny. I turned off avatars 2+ years ago and I'd completely forgotten that they exist. I recognize people who post by their nicknames. Then again, my obsession for finding sodden tupperware has abated so I don't hang out in the forums much these days.

No avatars? How boring!

These forums are the bells and whistles of geocaching. :o:o:)