Merry Christmas!!

El Diablo

First off: a markwell :P Be sure to check out the "ALL" link.

This Christmas Eve has been a very special one for me. My son is at that pivotal 9yo age, as was the boy in Polar Express. My 5yo is bursting at the seams with joy and happiness and uncontrolled excitement. I can't precisely put my finger on it, but the wonderful feeling of Gemütlichkeit in my house has overwhelmed me to the point of tears. Yes - it's bitter cold outside, and we're going to be leaving for a not-so-calm road trip tomorrow, but (at the risk of being shunned for my non-PC), I feel His presence tonight.

To all my dear friends in the Geo-world: My wish for you is a wonderfully Merry Christmas and a safe and happy holiday season. May you get just a little less than all that you wish for. That way, you'll still have your dreams.

Merry Christmas to all. Is there going to be any geocaching out there today? We bet there is. We are getting ready to take off for about a 75 mile circle to do about 12 caches. We don't have a new GPS to try out just want to geocache. We are taking the old tried and true Garmin 60C with most of the paint chipped off of the buttons and a few scratches here and there. It's been very reliable even with the spills it has taken and the two times we've been swimming together. Let us know what your geocaching plans, if any, are going to be. Again Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you from all of us. The horsegeeks.

Edited by horsegeeks

Happy Holidays!!

I was hoping for a new cache to go get this morning, but the newest cache in the area is mine! I have caching friends coming for Christmas dinner, so I expect to be going on an area run later, even though I have picked those particular cache up already - but, whatever - it'll help walk off the turkey! Perhaps tomorrow I will get a fuller day of caching in.

Love and Peace to all this season!

We're going out after dinner for 3 across town, which should be fun. Last year we skipped caching on Christmas but I was sick anyway... I got a Geocaching 2005 calender and a geocaching shirt, and a gift card to Eastern Mountain Sports. Last year I got a ton of travel bug tags and geocoins- I've only used about half of them so far.

Oh yeah, I forgot- 2 large packs of AA-Batteries! :P

Edited by Enspyer

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa. Did I miss anything? The only geocaching I'll be doing is looking at the three new cache listings on my computer that I won't be FTF on. :P No time. First it's to my wife's family to eat a ridiculous amount of food at 1:00, then to my families to eat a ridiculous amount of food at 5:00. I'm thinking about a noobie event in Jan. to welcome all the new cachers the will inevitably be starting up after the holidays.

Anyone get any geo-gear for Christmas?

Well we ended up driving only fifty miles but found 7 caches, 5 of which were FTFs. They were Granpa Alex's neat new micros. One very non-seasonal DNF had to be reported. It was new also. The temperature never got out of the low thirtys so it was very seasonal and fun today.

Edited by horsegeeks