Have You Ever Had Two Ftf's In One Day?

PC Painter

Today I was pretty bummed about driving 43 miles attempting an FTF, only to find nothing, and later find out that the clues left to solve the puzzle, had an error in them. By the time the owner fixed them, I was back home, and FTF was someone else's.

So, I'm sitting at home, watching TV, and I check for new caches....BINGO! Unelievable...only .12 miles from my house! I can't tell you how fast I moved on that one. Found out there was another new one up just 2.5 miles away, and flew out to that one....Woohoo! My first two FTF's EVER, and I get them in ONE night....less than 2 hours apart! Is that some sort of record? If not....please lie to me B) I needed the ego boost, after this morning, LOL!

Edited by PC Painter

Actually I had 4 FTF in one day and they were 40+ from first to last. Didn't set out to be FTF on them it just worked out that way. This was the first: Riverbend , the second was: Loup Junction about 2.5 miles away as the crow flies, the third was: "P TOWN" about 39 miles SW as the crow flies and the 4th was: "SARTORIA" about 7.5 miles west of "P TOWN". We also did another one or two along the way home. It was just a nice Sunday drive. Altogether about 150 miles caching that Sunday afternoon

Well, earlier this summer I had quite a streak going. Wienerdog put a bunch out and I mean a bunch out...I got FTF on all of them except maybe a couple of them. I think I got 19 FTFs in a matter of three days. Outside of that time, I'd got 5 ftfs one time and 4 ftfs couple other times. Think my total is around 126 career FTFs. None since summer though.

Four in one day, for me. The caches were all pretty much in a straight line, along a couple of mile stretch of various parks. Unbeknownst to me, there was another cacher following in my footsteps. His logs are pretty funny, as you can see the level of frustration rise. Log, Log, Log, and Log. There were actually 5 caches put out that day, but I declined to do the one multi, for time considerations, and he did get his first FTF on that one.

Edited by Prime Suspect

I've had 5 FTF's in a day. I have had several doubles, and one triple. I quit tracking those as far as totla count, but still strive to get FTF on those caches near the house or those caches that have gone unfound for many many months (level 4 and above). I have at least 3 FTFs with at least 2,000 ft elevation gain.

20 in one day, 10-24-04.

This included 15 in a row. Time for those: 1 hour 10 minutes. We added 5 more in the next two hours, for a total of 20 in 3 hours, all FTF's. There were others we found in between those and the rest of the day.

You got some splainin to do. Where they all hiddin by one or two cachers? All in the same general area? mostly micro? That's pretty impressive at any rate. Nice job.

We had 4 FTF's in 1 day, but the one we're most proud of is a FTF that we ended up driving 170 miles, 5 parts to the multi-cache and about 8.5 hours of elapsed time to do the cache. It's called Krugerrand Run. The FTF prize was a .25 oz Krugerrand. WooHoo! Also, that same day, we did about 4 other caches along the way.

20 in one day, 10-24-04.

This included 15 in a row. Time for those: 1 hour 10 minutes. We added 5 more in the next two hours, for a total of 20 in 3 hours, all FTF's. There were others we found in between those and the rest of the day.

You got some splainin to do. Where they all hiddin by one or two cachers? All in the same general area? mostly micro? That's pretty impressive at any rate. Nice job.

They were all micros hidden by two fellow cachers for an event. All are permanent caches. Check this cache for details of the series: Bob99.