Caches In Need Of Adoption

gpsfun

Greetings,

My two remaining caches are up for adoption. "Who Pulled the Plug" and "Snoring Cache" both located in Lakeville, MA, 02347. Just yesterday I archived the puzzle cache "Process of Elimination" also in Lakeville. If you want to reactivate that cache get in touch with me. I travel too often to properly maintain the caches.

Thanks,

JohnX

Thanks to fosdog for taking the New Winter trail we had just established in Brookfield! 10 down 25 to go.

Here is a link to the rest of the caches we own in the area.

Most are in the Brookfield area, but there are a couple in other towns

New Braintree,

Rutland,

Rutland/Hubbardston

East Brookfield

Spencer

Sturbridge

Give me a private message if you would like help!

A local fisherman may be interested in maintaining and adding to the Central Mass. Fishing Holes Series we started.

We will be keeping the one cache that needs no maintenance our Earth Cache at RockHouse Reservation.

I will begin archiving a few of these next week as we don't want to leave any geo-litter in the woods. If your in the area and could archive or just do maintenance once in awhile for us that would help too, then we could leave them with a chance someone may adopt them.

Thanks

TeamBarefeat

Scratch

New Braintree/Rutland/Hubbardston off that list. Thanks Scout98!

And thanks to Scout98 and Falalamingo for offering to pull or maintain any

caches not adopted before we leave. We have very much enjoyed being

cache owners and getting to know everyone from our little slice of Massachusetts.

A great group of cachers, and friends.

It looks like Silver Lake Stash is in need of an owner. This cache is a true oldie, placed in 12/2000, only one of 11 placed in MA in 2000 and currently the 6th oldest active cache in the state.

Any volunteers?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...42-c55acaebca56

It is a bit out of my regular area, but I would hope we could keep it active. If no other takers closer than me, we may adopt it.

Crystal's Geocache is in really bad shape and the owner has not been online in over a year... last mentioned she was at college 2 years ago... and has not responded to maintenance requests and direct emails....

I live very close by and am willing to adopt it... I have a nice new ammo can ready to go... someone contact me if that is a possibility. I'd hate to see such a perfect location go to waste...

Hey guys,

i just wanted to point out that if a cache owner is inactive and not responding to your emails, there's no reason why you can't stop by and give a cache a little TLC if it needs it!

Often times geocaches don't get adopted out as Groundspeak isn't just going to hand over someone's property to someone else without the owner's permission - so go ahead and do a little maintenance - the community will thank you for it!

I would like to post my interest in adopting NH#1 - Mine Follies. This cache is located very close to my house in Nashua, NH and is the oldest one in New Hampshire. It is listed as being owned by "Paul Lamere", who has had his email address disabled so I can't contact him directly other that by posting a note to the cache page itself.

The C.O. apparently hasn't logged a find under that name since 2002, but it appears that he has checked in on the page on 1/8/10. The cache was muggled recently and I was able to get a new one in place the next day. There are some caches that might be better served if archived, allowing a new owner to step in and perhaps give the cache better attention, but in this case, where we are dealing with one of historic significance (currently 593 finders since 10/29/2000), archiving this one to make room for another destroys the ongoing history.

As a public safety geocacher that had previously, and deliberately, sought the 11 September 2001 Memorial cache, I was dismayed to note that the cache had been archived due to owner absence and lack of maintenance.

Given the significance of the cache and the beautiful location of the memorial, this is a tremendous loss for those cachers who have not heard of the monument and who may have become cognizant of it only through the geocaching.com website. I was one of them.

If admin would consider it, I should like to immediately adopt the 11 September 2001 Memorial Cache and take responsibility for the care and maintenance of the virtual.

I will accept adoption of the cache as a permanent responsibility but will surrender ownership should SarDude return and request control of the cache be returned to him.

You got your "Pomp Qoute' at the end mixed sideways. It is,"There, but for the Grace of God, go I."

Rhetta's old Friend,BlueLibran

LOOKING TO ADOPT-A-CACHE:

I live in Tolland County, CT and am willing to take on ownership of any caches in the area that people are looking to put up for adoption. Even most of Hartford County, CT is still within reason for me due to my location. Please feel free to message me on the forum or through my geocaching profile page (with the same name) if you have any interest in putting one up for adoption in this area.

Edited by Lostinwoods247

Cache up for adoption!!!

Falmouth area, Cape Cod, Massachusetts

BBRock Cache

Nice little cache, well placed, no chance of flooding. Survived its first winter with no worries at all. Snaplock plastic container, ten minute hike from parking.

I don't live close enough to care for this cache. Would someone want to take it over? Little effort, nice log rewards. It's time for me to let this one go.

Let me know if you're interested. My username is chirolisa. My email is chirolisa@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I am moving at the end of June and would like to see two popular caches live on. Both caches are in Davis Sq Somerville, MA. D Square and Trolley Park.

Dan

Domo, and Thanks DannoBikes!

Both D Square and Trolley Park have been proudly adopted by me. I'll take good care of them as long as I can.

Good Luck & Cache On!

~ Dr.MORO

Many NEFF caches are now up for adoption! (These are, for the most part, wonderful caches through great wooded areas.)

Here's an email I just got. I do have Nate's permission to post it. Please contact him directly at NCyrus@newenglandforestry.org

I no longer live near any of these but I thought some members of the geocaching community would want to preserve these wonderful caches. I know that the Townes Forest is an almost magical place, quite different from the civilized woods seen in Southern NH.

Paul

---------

Greetings Paul,

This is Nate Cyrus with the New England Forestry Foundation inquiring on your status as a geocache steward for the Kettle Pond- Townes Forest caches. I understand that there has been little to no contact in the past year, for which I apologize, however, It would be great to hear your status on monitoring (even if it is discontinued). Also I have included a list of other geocaches that are without stewards if you would like to switch, take on a new one, or perhaps know people in the areas who would be interested. Thank you for the help!

Sincerely,

Nate Cyrus

ORPHAN GEOCACHES

Beaver Meadow- Luce Forest (Winthrop, ME)

Rock Around The Pond- Rocky Pond (Boylston, MA)

Dog Central- Groton Place (Groton, MA)

Beaver Lookout- Hawk’s Hill Forest (East Barnard, VT)

Gale River Reserve- Gordon Forest (Lisbon, NH)

Mountain Spring- Rich Memorial Forest (Sandwich, NH)

Salty Flats- Arnold Family Forest (Freeport, ME)

Loon Nest- Allen Whitney Forest (Manchester, ME)

Heron Nest Pond- Mixter-Nields Forest (Hardwick, MA)

Moose Trail Creek- Horace Clark Forest (East Hartland, CT)

Moosewood Forest- Harnett Manhan Forest (East Hampton, MA)

Gilman Pond Dam- Bradley Draper Forest (Jaffrey, NH)

Beech Grove Gorge- Savage Forest (Reading, VT)

Timber Bluff Stream- Mountain Pond Forest (New Ipswich, NH)

I sent an email asking about the Mountain Spring- Rich Memorial Forest cache in Sandwich NH but it got bounced back to me. I live about 15 minutes south of Sandwich and would happily maintain that cache if I could get in touch with the proper person. I was going to go check on the cache in the next day or two and see if it's still there. But I can't seem to find a listing for it. Where do I find the GC code?

Thanks

Bang

I'm putting a 9-year-old cache in Methuen up for adoption. It is "Suburban Assault #1 (Beautiful Angel)," GCF207.

I adopted it from MontyTheMule some time ago, and my job is leaving the area. This is an old cache with hundreds of finders, and I would have to have to let it go.

Thanks,

Jim

I'd be happy to adopt that one! I live and work right down the road and pass by there at least once a week...

Worcester East Side Caches up for adoption.

I don't get over to this side of town very often anymore and would like to adopt out:

Quinsigamond Cruise (involves paddling)

Celler Hole Cache

Rainy Day With The Twins (needs maintenance)

All are in the area of Lake Park. The first is a 2 stage that requires paddling or boating. Doesn't see much activity, but the few who have found it like it. The second two are easy hike-ins. The cache for Rainy Day is missing and needs replacement (it was a micro hidden in a rock, but could be reworked for some other type container.)

Thanks - let me know if you're interested...

Hi, some of you might remember me, NotThePainter for a bunch of puzzle caches placed in the Manchester NH area years ago, placed in the 2005/2006 time frame. I had moved from the Manchester area and the Manchester community volunteered (after I suggested that I archive all my caches) to take care of them. That has worked well for years but I think it is time to move on, many many Manchester area cachers have looked after them over the years but decay is starting to set in.

Does anyone want to adopt a bunch of oldies including puzzles?

Hi, some of you might remember me, NotThePainter for a bunch of puzzle caches placed in the Manchester NH area years ago, placed in the 2005/2006 time frame. I had moved from the Manchester area and the Manchester community volunteered (after I suggested that I archive all my caches) to take care of them. That has worked well for years but I think it is time to move on, many many Manchester area cachers have looked after them over the years but decay is starting to set in.

Does anyone want to adopt a bunch of oldies including puzzles?

Paul, I'd be happy to take over three of them that I can think of including; Lorem, The Precise Career, and the two-stage multi you have on the north side of Massabesic (not a puzzle but I'm guessing that's not important). I've done all three of those so am familiar with them.

We are moving out of MA to ME within the next 4-6 months and looking to have some of our caches adopted. The ones at Maudslay State Park in Newburyport, MA just off Exit 57 of 95 are very popular. They are as follows: GC426XB Haunted Pines, GC42c5E Down the Rabbit Hole, GC42PPW Cold Nights and Warm Days, and GC42T10 $2 Cache.

Please email Danno at danpugatch @ gmail . com if you are interested in adopting our caches. Any caches not adopted by March 1st will be archived.

Team_Pugatch

(formally DannoBikes)

Edited by Team_Pugatch

I have three caches (GC2GVHP), (GC2GVHD), and (GC2GVK2) located in NJ's Round Valley State Park, and I don't plan on filling out the forms to keep up with the new state park caching policy since I live an hour away now. If anyone would like to adopt them, or wants to pick up the containers and use them somewhere else for their own cache, please do so and post a log so I can either give it up or archive.

Thanks,

yp

I'm looking for an active Geocacher to adopt my two Geocaches. I am not active on the site anymore and I feel bad that my caches are not getting the TLC that they need. :(

We Don't Need No Education (GC1JPGF) in Geneseo, NY on the SUNY Geneseo campus

Canal Side Hideaway (GC1V67N) in Brighton, NY on the Erie Canal trail (multi-cache with one waypoint and the final)

Both are very easy to access.

Please email me directly if you can help me out! lanni.masz@gmail.com

I'm looking for an active Geocacher to adopt my two Geocaches. I am not active on the site anymore and I feel bad that my caches are not getting the TLC that they need. :(

Canal Side Hideaway (GC1V67N) in Brighton, NY on the Erie Canal trail (multi-cache with one waypoint and the final)

With few ever venturing into the forums, maybe a personal email to the person who has already replaced a stage on your multi may be in order. :)

Just discovered this part of the forums today while doing a little exploring - if anyone ever needs any caches adopted in the Montgomery County or Dauphin County areas of PA, shoot me a message or an e-mail and I'll take a look at it/them!

Lanni I sent you an email regarding your cache in Brighton. I will be in the area on Friday afternoon and I can check on it.

I just posted a link for this cache on a Facebook page for a group that meets in Mt Morris, hopefully someone will be interested!

Er, the SUNY Geneseo one, that is.

Edited by Blue_Ranger