Cache Titles: What's The Best You've Seen?

One of the things Mrs. CC and I have come to love about caching is the titles of the caches we are about to find. We really enjoy when someone takes the time to come up with a cleaver or devious title.

What are some of your favorites? We've found that cache titles like Root Canal and Tired of Mircos?, where the title is a kind of play on words or hint about the cache, tends to be our favorite.

How bout yours?

Edited by CacheCreatures

In the Ballpark is ingenious name for that multicache. There's a sports park nearby, but it's not related to the cache. 'Ball' is a direct English translation of the Finnish name of the composer mentioned in the cache description. (Other translations could be pellet, shot, bullet or even marble. :P )

Shhh! Don't tell that to the Finnish cachers who haven't found the cache yet. ;);)

Edit: typo

Edited by Divine

I have The Best Cache in New Jersey. It's a relatively ordinary, single stage 2/2.5 cache. Since nobody else took the name, I thought I would.

Some other ones that I have that may, or may not be interesting, or funny to others are:

The Clams Claw

Moose Gills

Neither has anything to do with animals.

Rocky Horror

Because if you approach from the most obvious direction it's a difficult rock scramble. Approach from another direction and it's a piece of cake.

Lame Roadside Cache

I have several of these, so named because they are lame.

That's about it. All the rest are pretty much named for the area where they are hidden, or have something to do with the cache itself.

Edited by briansnat

I enjoy the cache names that are a pun of some sort. Two that come to mind in our area are:

X Marks the Spot A fairly difficult great circle problem of two intersecting great circles (hence the X), but also another X appears to the observant cacher when they actually get to the cache site.

Moose View. I didn't realize the significance of the name until I got to the cache. Overlooks a Moose Lodge. Like Duh! I drive by the lodge nearly every day ;)

Found one that was called Hidden Park, you would never know a park was there unless it was for caching. I put one all the way on top of Crosier Mountain hence the name Bishops Staff. Then on the Drake (Garden Gate) trailhead there is one known as Drake's Dilemma. And I've used my son's name Corey in several of them. And I know there are lots more of them out their with some very creative names. One that I want to look for is Wintersteen Should be a Beer After I adopted a cache and renamed it Cameron's Rocky Mountain High then I really knew the true intrinsic meaning of that cache's name.

Edited by Tahosa and Sons

I placed this one <-----HELL IS JUST AHEAD with help of other members of the evil horde to celebrate the 100th find of 2 cachers. While we were placing this we were trying to think of a name for it when we saw these carvings on some trees near the river. The carvings were dated in the early 60's and one had <----HELL IS JUST AHEAD carved on it. Now being El Diablo, how could I pass on that?

I have often wondered why it was carved there in the first place? I would love to here the story behind it.

El Diablo

Edited by El Diablo
Dinoprophet is probably getting tired of me bragging this one up.

Nonsense, I can't hear enough of it, thanks! :P I've given a lot of thought to all my cache names. A good name always gets me more excited about doing a cache.

All in Michigan:

Superdad's Get Smart - Tequila Mockingbird takes its name from a Get Smart episode.

Soy-Based Biodegradable Pixie Dust by umc and VictoryMike.

The Omnivorous Bookworm and The Friendly Woodchipper by Ikenspike.

A favorite name I've only read about is Zartimus and Tripper's ince of Walcs (full name is actaully "Kevin was here(ince of Walcs)". The picture on the cache page explains it.

I like to come up with (hopefully) humorous titles for my caches. If it gives the finder a clue, so be it.

Some of my favorite titles (so far) (spoilers ahead)...:

Push Me, Mom! -- the first clue to this multi-cache is on a tire swing

Read All About It -- the micro is hidden perilously close to a newspaper vending machine (Now what do you actually call those machines where you insert 50 cents, open the door and take out a paper?)

B R P(ee) -- this cache is very close to the entrance of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and is in a rest area

Dead Ends -- this multi-cache uses information taken from tombstones in small cemeteries

I Want My ATV! -- hidden in an ATV/hiking/biking/horseback riding park

OzGuff

Geez, I can't believe my fellow local cachers forgot about the best named caches in MI. Since they forgot, here ya go, in order.

umc's 1st cache

umc's 2nd cache

umc's 3rd cache

umc's 4th cache

umc's 5th cache and

umc's 6th cache

Those are good names. :):P:P

Yeah, you can call me original and creative. :(

I have a "Read all about it too" - it's a book exchange and I'm a journalist...

But I really like:

"Forte dux in aro..."

A cheesey Latin joke - but it works. Say it, and that's what you'll see a lot of at the cache site... Another local name I like is "What-A-Cache"... It's a good cache too - and not mine... See, it's not all about shameless self cache promotion...

:P

It...Has You and Fundamental Flaw. The first because it literally does until you figure out the answers and have them verified. The first cacher to find it was literally up for 2 straight days watching the movie to figure out the clues, which were very hard to spot and a few were almost impossible if you didn't have the DVD and a semi-clear TV. Others have greatly enjoyed finding the answers and going out to find the pills.

Fundamental Flaw is a play on words used by the Architect in Matrix: Reloaded. As with the first cache, a choice must be made. There is also a more subtle item I snuck into the cache page, and I eagerly await someone who can figure out what that item is. For anyone interested in figuring it out, the listed cache page author has a great deal to do with something else on the page.

My teammate and I are looking at a massive multi-cache that will be played out much like those Choose Your Adventure books. I shudder at the thought of the monumental amount of work involved in creating it, but it will be one of the most enjoyable challenges I'll have faced in a long time.

Note to future cache hiders: note that the word "Stumped" isn't in any of the cache names listed above. There's a reason for that. It's the most overused cache name pun in use today. :P

And now, a brief plug for my "ASCII no questions, I'll Hex you no lies" cache, and my much shorter named "MisLED" cache. I like those names :P

Geez, I can't believe my fellow local cachers forgot about the best named caches in MI.  Since they forgot, here ya go, in order.

umc's 1st cache

umc's 2nd cache

umc's 3rd cache

umc's 4th cache

umc's 5th cache and

umc's 6th cache

Those are good names. :P  :)  :(

Yeah, you can call me original and creative. :(

You don't mean THE umc's 1st cache, do you??? :P

30296_400.gif30296_1700.gif

Edited by Doc-Dean

22 of The Leprechauns' hidden caches have the word "Elves" in the title somewhere (two others were adopted). Sometimes it's a clever play on words, sometimes it's a clue for finding the cache and often the reason for the title is not evident until you've done the cache. Some of my favorites:

The Elves Magnify a Microcache - you use a viewer (the type found at scenic overlooks) and a compass bearing to spot the object where the microcache is hidden.

The Elves are Inclined to be Evil - micro located at observation platform at the top of an inclined railroad.

The Elves Go Directly to Jail - hidden along a rails-to-trails path that ends at the County Jail.

The Elves Launch a Rocket to the Moon - the cache is hidden in a (repainted) mortar tube at Moon Township Community Park.

You get the idea.