pirate

Dutchduane

quote:
Jeremy wrote:

Probably best to ignore them. They're obviously trolling for a reaction. Might as well not provide one.

Good advice.

Though it probably wouldn't hurt to let Comcast know as AC Student suggests. Might create a bit of grief for this moron.

quote:
Originally posted by LQQKING4U:

SNoo You making fun of me?

If he was, just make fun of him back.

I don't think he was though, well lets make fun of him anyway. Snoogans is goofy looking icon_wink.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

quote:
Originally posted by LQQKING4U:

SNoo You making fun of me?

If he was, just make fun of him back.

I don't think he was though, well lets make fun of him anyway. Snoogans is goofy looking icon_wink.gif

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Ummmm, INoURButWutAmI!.....Lol icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

quote:
Originally posted by Og's outfit:

Is it just me? Why do all puppets type in the same "misspell" every word manor?

Same dude different sock?

Maybe I'm just a new observer?

?????????????????????? what are you refering to?

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Looks like they registered through Domains by Proxy...

Since they have openly admitted stealing, this might come in handy( http://www.domainsbyproxy.com/legalAgreement.aspx ):

quote:

Legal Complaints: If you believe a domain registration we hold violates the law or someone's legal rights or is engaged in morally objectionable activities, contact us via certified or courier mail:

DOMAINS BY PROXY

Attn: Legal Complaints

15111 N. Hayden Road, Suite 160

PMB 353

Scottsdale, AZ 85260

-fractal

What about those cachers are willfully imprisioning TBs against their missions? Hardly anyone says anything against their boorish behaviour.

If we're condoining theft in our arena, it's only natural for this sort of unwanted activity to come up.

If it came to court (doubtful), and think the accused would be able to make a good case that it is "part of the game" based on past practices.

George

I just found out today that a cache I placed with friends was plundered in a similar manner. Dragonfly Pond

Evidently the person took everything except the logbook, and left behind a pirate figure and calling card (pirate_caching@yahoo.com). I suppose it's a big more creative than leaving a used condom or something, but it's still frustrating.

Watch out Skagit County.

Cin (of the Peanut Butter Brigade)

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

Probably best to ignore them. They're obviously trolling for a reaction. Might as well not provide one.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I agree, I wouldn't even go to his web site, I bet the moron watches the hit counter while doing an unspeakable act.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

A couple of observations.

The moron in question encourages people through a link to check out geocaching.com. He also tells people to plunder a cache, take photos and post it on his website for prizes.

quote:
The Piratecaching.com "Plunder Hunt"

Soon we shall be hosting " Plunder hunts ". We shall post a cache that needs to be plundered. Once the plundering has taken place and ye send in the pictures ye shall be awarded a Pirate Travel Bug of yer own. So check back ye scurvy Pirates for our Plunder Hunt.

Here is his e-mail: Pirate_Caching@yahoo.com

Is that enough to get his website shut down?

I noticed in his *log* that someone who has spammed other message boards I go to with filthy pictures has already hit this guy's website. Be forewarned should you go to the link on the ship log.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

This guy is no dummy folks. First of all he has already had 282 people visit his website, which I must say took a few moments to create. Do I condone this type of conduct--Heck no, but he is drawing a response.

Sending foul responses on his website or e-mailing him, will only encourage his behavior. He has created his own little twisted game from this game and wants to create his own rules. Sooner or later this guys identity will be known by all.

If I were a betting man, I would make a little wager that this guy has probably been an avtive member of geocaching in the past. I would also venture to say that this guy probably has a few finds logged.

Sooner or later he will make a post and I'm sure an IP Address could be tracked if that was desired.

I would even venture to say that he is reading these forums and probably getting a pretty good chuckle at the responses. That is exactly what is driving this guy into doing what he is doing.

If no one plays along with him, I'm sure he will soon fade away into the sunset.

"I cache; therefore I am"

For those of you using SpamAssassin and procmail, here's a recipe that would forward all your spam to this guy. Not that I'm suggesting you do it, of course...

:0c* ^X-Spam-Level: **********! Pirate_Caching@yahoo.com

That would send everything with a score of 10 or higher his way.

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

sigimage.php

So here is a guy (or group) that uses geocaching.com to find caches, presumably with a GPSr. He then takes stuff, leaves stuff, holds it for awhile and returns it to other caches.

Er, don't we all do that? Is there noone out there with a TB in your backpack right now? Maybe this guy is just a cacher who has extended the game a bit and created a little caching persona to go along with it?

I only skimmed his site quickly. Hey, maybe my assumptions about him returning things is bogus. Maybe taking everything but the logbook and leaving only some cheap pirate thingie is wrong, but what cache's contents don't degrade over time to worthlessness if not re-stocked? I wouldn't dismiss him so easily.

And I certainly wouldn't try to report him to his ISP! LOL. I can't imagine that conversation. Let's see, I "hid" something in the woods, and later published the coords to it on the internet, and encouraged people to take stuff from it, but now I'm mad because they took too much. Not only that, but I want YOU the ISP to do something about it.

People, get a grip. Hiding caches is a risk. Don't invest more than you can stand to lose.

Hmmm, after looking at his web page, I'm not so sure. It appears it's an attempt to play some kind of game having to do with Geocaching. From what I've read so far, the group, or just him, is gathering treasure from various caches and plans to place a cache, I guess, containing the items taken and give clues and hints as to how to find it and recover the treasure.

Now, with that said, I don't know if that is correct, or if it's all meant in good fun, or what. I'm thinking it's maybe an interesting idea gone horribly wrong....LOL. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm just glad that group is up there (so far) and I'm down here in Houston.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

http://home.comcast.net/~piratecaching/

works fine for me.

What happened to the original URL? Was it a mirror site now down? Maybe a home hosted site that he moved onto the ISP hosted space?

Vacman, why would you express such glee over a fellow cacher's web site being nixed anyway? I'm not defending him or what he/she is doing, just wondering why it is so bad, or different from what you do. Seriously. Is it the amount of stuff they take? Is it the duration they hold it? Is it that they don't, perhaps, log their finds here on geocaching.com? Or is it just the "pirate" in their name?

From the site:

Quote: *Yer travellin’ hearties are just in the brig for a small while. They will be released when their flogging is complete. As for the other "treasure". It will be re-hidden and it will take you geo-sashayers banding together to find it. Our goal has never been to quash yer little game, otherwise the entire cache would be gone. After all, were would we pirates be without treasure.*

Sounds to me like it is a twist on the game and not someone who is out to completely plunder caches. I was a little concerned though that the TB numbers are posted on a page.

pokeanim3.gif

The website is still there, at the link UMC posted.

quote:
Yer travellin’ hearties are just in the brig for a small while. They will be released when their flogging is complete. As for the other "treasure". It will be re-hidden and it will take you geo-sashayers banding together to find it. Our goal has never been to quash yer little game, otherwise the entire cache would be gone. After all, were would we pirates be without treasure.

It's a different state, but that sounds suspiciously like Morty McVane's MO.

quote:
I'm not defending him or what he/she is doing, just wondering why it is so bad, or different from what you do. Seriously. Is it the amount of stuff they take?

As was beaten to death when McVane was around, this person is playing a variation of geocaching and FORCING others to play it with him.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

quote:
Originally posted by Breaktrack:

Hmmm, after looking at his web page, I'm not so sure. It appears it's an attempt to play some kind of game having to do with Geocaching. From what I've read so far, the group, or just him, is gathering treasure from various caches and plans to place a cache, I guess, containing the items taken and give clues and hints as to how to find it and recover the treasure.

Now, with that said, I don't know if that is correct, or if it's all meant in good fun, or what. I'm thinking it's maybe an interesting idea gone horribly wrong....LOL. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm just glad that group is up there (so far) and I'm down here in Houston.

http://www.texasgeocaching.com

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

Same MO as the other guy months ago. No "cache of taken treasures" was ever placed, that's just a BS line to cover his thievery, plain and simple. Interestingly enough, one of the TB's that was stolen here in AZ by the Cache Pirate has resurfaced in New York.

THIS ONE

Thirty seconds ago (08:32 PDT) I went to his website...

I went back just now to double check the URL, so I could report it to the ISP, and it is now gone. But, the ISP has his address and identification, so I think legal action is in order. We should email all of the owners of caches he plundered... too bad we didn't identify all of the cache pluder pictures he had posted.

icon_clap.gificon_clap.gificon_clap.gificon_clap.gificon_clap.gificon_clap.gif

banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif

"I'm not Responsible... just ask my wife, She'll confirm it"

It's still there mark, dont get too excited. icon_frown.gif

It'll take comcast DAYS if not WEEKS to do anything about this if someone has reported it (although i breifly looked abou the site, and well, didnt really see much that would be wrong to someone who didnt realize geocaches are property and that is technically stealing)