Platinum member only caches?

Just read a post from earlier today, and it was talking about how upset people get when a "Platinum Member Only" cache is placed. I never knew these existed!! Do they??

You know if you go to a High School with 2 floors? And when a Freshman asks where a room is, you tell them on the 3rd floor? It's like that. <_<

Just read a post from earlier today, and it was talking about how upset people get when a "Platinum Member Only" cache is placed. I never knew these existed!! Do they??

You know if you go to a High School with 2 floors? And when a Freshman asks where a room is, you tell them on the 3rd floor? It's like that. <_<

I was one of those Freshman. I did find the room on the third floor. I never got bothered again. :blink:

Of course it could be that platinum membership is depicted as a joke as a disinformation campaign to keep people from knowing the true facts about platinum membership. Platinum membership would explain the black helicopters circling around various cache sites, the way that lackeys are often called on secret missions to assist other cachers, and the true meaning of the APE caches (which is the reason why they have to be archived if the container is lost). Why is it that Jeremy uses a secret signal to communicate with cachers - other than platinum membership? Why do some caches get approved so much faster than anything other people experience? What is the real story of the frog? Why is there a cache on the space station? What about the seemingly unlisted caches on the moon and mars? It all comes down to platinum status.

I am willing to bet that even now Jeremy would tell you that there is no such thing as platinum membership. Which proves my point,

Edited by mulvaney

Sure they exist. And they're elitist too. And full of donuts.

Hey...wait! How did you find out about the donuts?!?! Not that there are really any donuts...there aren't...but if there *were* donuts to find out about, how would you have found out about them?!?! No, no---no donuts here! Move along! Move along!

Sure they exist. And they're elitist too. And full of rocks and garbage.

Hey...wait! How did you find out about the donuts?!?! Not that there are really any donuts...there aren't...but if there *were* donuts to find out about, how would you have found out about them?!?! No, no---no donuts here! Move along! Move along!

Who said anything about donuts?

And don't forget that the pool is on the roof.

Just ask a Charter Nobody. Only a Nobody will tell the truth about -

Platinum member only caches.

----------------------------------------------

Those charter nobodies are the most elitist nobodies of them all :mad:

For only $129.95 you can become a Platinum member. You will be able to find Platinum member only caches, these caches are the best of the best. Every cache is well a stocked ammo can, with only quality swag, and maintained monthly by lower members in the geocaching club.

With your Platinum membership, you will get you Platinum member Badge, this will get you in to all Geocaching events for free!You will receive cache notifications one day ahead of the other members, so you can get that FTF!

Along with your Platinum membership you get your Platinum Souvenir, and a Platinum Geocoin for your very own dipping.

So don't wait go platinum today!!

I was one of those Freshman. I did find the room on the third floor. I never got bothered again. :blink:

Did you also find the olympic sized swimming pool on the roof? :anibad:

And it is filled with bacon donuts, too! :anibad:

No, but I did find a nest of snipes. :blink:

I have one. You have to have found at least 10 5/5 puzzles to be able to qualify. :ph34r:

Perhaps. But true platinum members need not solve any puzzles. And then the GPMSB (Groundspeak Platinum Member Service Bureau) will take you to the cache location, give you a personal jetpack to use, or send out a drone to make the find for you.

When I looked at the topic, which really has more to do with Platinum Member caches than benefits, I managed to obtain the super-secret list of these caches. It would be fun to do the cache in the inner chambers of the Egyptian pyramids, even if it is a multi. The cache underneath the chair where the Pope sits has also gotten a lot of favorite votes. Some people think the cache that is disguised as a sprinkler head just outside Willuam and Kate's apartment at Kensington is a little much - but the last person who logged it was invited to tea with Pippa so membership does have it's rewards.

With Mission 9 gone, you might be wondering what happened to the "spare" container that Groundspeak reported having in 2004 - let us just say it is one reason why platinum members are not concerned about losing that one. And since platinum members can log locationless caches there is always some place for them to play this game.