How Often?

This may be an old topic, but as I don't have the patience to sift through hundreds of old pages, here it goes. How often are new caches posted in your area? I know everyone's "area" is a different size, so use your own area for the answer. I'm just curious if locally we're more stagnant than most other places of vice-versa. We get maybe 2 or 3 new caches a month on average, depending on who gets a wild hair and drops a few at a time.

This may be an old topic, but as I don't have the patience to sift through hundreds of old pages, here it goes. How often are new caches posted in your area? I know everyone's "area" is a different size, so use your own area for the answer. I'm just curious if locally we're more stagnant than most other places of vice-versa. We get maybe 2 or 3 new caches a month on average, depending on who gets a wild hair and drops a few at a time.

I have ntifications set up for a 20 mile radius. We get caches published just about every day.

Usually we get 20-30 per week around Las Vegas. Except for one spurt of 610 caches that sprung up one day - most of which were just over the California Border.

I think I wouldve turned the email receiver on my phone off that day! I could just imagine it going off that many times.

Locally, within say 15 miles, only 3 have been placed since last fall, and all 3 are mine. In my 30 mile notification radius almost all new caches are placed in the suburbia that starts about 25 miles SW of me. Maybe 10 new caches a month in good weather.

Of course, the entire North half of that 30 mile radius is Lake Ontario. Not too many caches being placed out there in the cold depths.

We live just outside of Seattle, with a search range of 15 miles and get about 3-5 or more a day. Its kind of like comparing apples and oranges though, if you think about it. Obviously in places like northern Illinois in February, you're going to be doing a lot less caching than someone in say, Los Angeles.

I do have to mention that we got 43 all at once last Sunday. Took about five minutes to get them all on my phone. It was a series of puzzle caches released for GeoWoodstock VIII.

Here's the link for anyone interested: Peacemaker's Series (full)

Here in Auburn, AL, which is just East of Montgomery, AL and Northwest of Columbus, GA, with a 25 mile radius, I bet we get 5-10 a month average. I am sure that if I expanded my radius to clip those two larger areas, it would increase, but I would rather just pull PQ's when I know we are going caching in those areas.

By the time we got there, the FTF would be long gone.

Edited by Team Hurley