Look Twice GeoCoin

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Good to see the coins are on their way, means that much more bike awareness being spread!!

I received a nice message on one of my owned coins this morning from some friends in California, great to see the responses to these Todie's Wild Ride coins, can't wait to see what people think of these coins as well as a future project also aimed at raising bike awareness!!

THANKS Robert, well done my friend!!

Hey, That's a nice Avatar you've got there!!

Yep, draws attention and is nice to look at, I like it!!

A package was left on my porch yesterday afternoon, and then was placed on my desk while I was out! Upon return, I was happily greeted with these coins and some gifts!! Being a collector, it'll be hard to drop these off, but I am going to do my best! Nice coins, these wil surely help to spread bike awareness!!

THANKS Robert!

A package was left on my porch yesterday afternoon, and then was placed on my desk while I was out! Upon return, I was happily greeted with these coins and some gifts!! Being a collector, it'll be hard to drop these off, but I am going to do my best! Nice coins, these wil surely help to spread bike awareness!!

THANKS Robert!

HOPEFULLY THEU HAVE SNOW SUITS FOR MY HOUSE.... <_<

Back in 2002 I got a new bike, a brand new Yamaha R1. I had never had anything that powerful before so I really had no respect for its power. Well to make a long story short I was practicing wheelies and going about 80 MPH I flipped it over. The bike landed on my right ankle shattering it, my arms and back have road rash scars all over them. The main thing I remember is my helmet was cracked and the face shield totally scrached to the point that you couldnt see out of it. Had it not been for the helmet I would have not been here today or if I did make it I certainly would have not had much of my face left. Now I am a bit scared of motorcycles but do plan on getting a new FatBoy this year. To everyone who rides be safe and PLEASE wear your helmets, even if it's for a simple ride to the store or a friends house.

thmotor.gif

I hope to see some of these in a cache in the Midwest. Budget doesn't allow for any more purchases for now. But love to see coins in person. Pics don't do most coins justice. And I love the feel of them.

When I see bikers without helmets it makes me shudder. A guy I dated in college was in an accident on a hot summer day so he didn't have on his leather jacket and his skin was ripped up. When I remember how it looked while I was helping care for him it gives me the willies. It looked so painful. Luckily he always wore his helmet or he would have serious head trauma or been killed.

Karen

I hope to see some of these in a cache in the Midwest. Budget doesn't allow for any more purchases for now. But love to see coins in person. Pics don't do most coins justice. And I love the feel of them.

When I see bikers without helmets it makes me shudder. A guy I dated in college was in an accident on a hot summer day so he didn't have on his leather jacket and his skin was ripped up. When I remember how it looked while I was helping care for him it gives me the willies. It looked so painful. Luckily he always wore his helmet or he would have serious head trauma or been killed.

Karen

Remember that the type of helmet can make all the difference as well. A full helmet is much safer than a half helmet, a half helmet is ALWAYS better than a novelty helmet! Some stores sell these novelty helmets and then sell you a D.O.T. sticker to make the helmet appear legal...these stores should be shut down or heavily fined!! Tod bought one of these novelty helmets because of his money situation, they sold him the sticker for a $1 more, I wish someone in the family would take up a suit against this store, it would send a message to ALL stores that this is illegal and could have ramifications should the biker get hurt or worse while wearing that helmet!

Always buy the best REAL helmet you can afford or don't ride until you CAN afford a real helmet! I have a nearly full faced helmet (covers the ears but no shield) AND a half helmet, but I want to get a FULL helmet so KAboom has my almost full helmet on the rare times he's along for the ride!! (kids get too old to "look cool" on the back of a bike, he's already wanting his own).

Remember that these coins are to be distributed according to what you agreed to when signing up for this!!

Off my soapbox for now....

Some stores sell these novelty helmets and then sell you a D.O.T. sticker to make the helmet appear legal

I agree with you about the whole head type. I think I know what you are talking about on the novelty helmet. They remind me of the type I would see on reruns of Hogan's Heroes. Can't see them offering any or much protection especially going over low speeds.

Remember that these coins are to be distributed according to what you agreed to when signing up for this!!

As far as being distributed according to an agreement maybe you could clarify if it is different than my understanding. My understanding with a trackable whether it be a coin or bug is to log the coin from the cache it is removed from and place it in another cache in a timely manner (again logging it) I say timely in that we may hindered by unexpected delays, weather, health, family emergency) Or if we have a trackable that has a specific goal and we can help it along because of a planned upcoming trip we may keep it a little longer. If it is different please clarify as we are pretty new and learning.

If it saves lives step back up.

Karen

Some stores sell these novelty helmets and then sell you a D.O.T. sticker to make the helmet appear legal

I agree with you about the whole head type. I think I know what you are talking about on the novelty helmet. They remind me of the type I would see on reruns of Hogan's Heroes. Can't see them offering any or much protection especially going over low speeds.

As far as being distributed according to an agreement maybe you could clarify if it is different than my understanding. My understanding with a trackable whether it be a coin or bug is to log the coin from the cache it is removed from and place it in another cache in a timely manner (again logging it) I say timely in that we may hindered by unexpected delays, weather, health, family emergency) Or if we have a trackable that has a specific goal and we can help it along because of a planned upcoming trip we may keep it a little longer. If it is different please clarify as we are pretty new and learning.

If it saves lives step back up.

Karen

The novelty helmets I speak of are those which are no thicker than the batting helmets our kids wear when playing little league...no protection at all!! This is what Tod was wearing and it did no good for him at all unfortunately!

As to the distribution question, check out this thread for more info...forums thread

These were distributed by WSR for the purpose of this mission/cointest. Others will be available for sale as I understand it and yet more will be released for travel (as will all or most of these being talked about here).

Lastly, why not visit my Todie's Wild Ride thread and read the OP, as far as you can before you go insane (it's a CRAZY long thread, but full of love and great bike awareness efforts)...and then visit post 388 (I believe, the one about FREE COINS). THEN, if you have interest, please let me know and we'll go from there!! ;)

As far as being distributed according to an agreement maybe you could clarify if it is different than my understanding.

As to the distribution question, check out this thread for more info...forums thread

These were distributed by WSR for the purpose of this mission/cointest. Others will be available for sale as I understand it and yet more will be released for travel (as will all or most of these being talked about here).

The agreement refered to is for those who have received Coins as part of the Mission that is linked above. Those Participants have each been sent 6 Coins, 1 to own, and 5 to activate for other people.

There are also over 150 Coins that are being delivered that were bought be people, and of course those can be handled any way they like.

If you were selected as a Mission Participant, the Coins for the Mission will arrive seperatly from any Coins you may have purchased, and will be labeled as such. Please activate 5 of them according to the Todie's Wild Ride guidelines, and then let us know when they are ready for a new owner.

I got my five that I ordered. They look great! Were these supposed to have a custom icon? I thought so, but when I activated one I noticed it has the generic icon. Was there a mistake?

I belive there will be,Ive seen the possible icons ,but Im not sure it has been chosen yet...?

There WILL be a custom Icon,. It is still being set up.

About the Icon...

One of the most difficult things has been fitting the K in such a small space with three other letters, but another Eureka moment yields this...

365b5e70-1bc1-42c0-a5bc-0360a464180f.jpg Look Twice Geocoin

9db59ab6-bca0-474d-b7cd-080f8f968092.jpg Look Twice Geocoin

Well,, My Eureka Moment came when I stopped trying to make the "O"s as tall as the other letters, and then filled them in, leaving room for the bottom of the "L" to be more defined. I think this is my favorite idea, as it has the most important element of my first thought(I wanted one that said "Look Twice" but that's just impossible to fit). The other thing I like about this one is that it actually looks like it's "Looking". It is almost a smiley at a glance. I think this will be the Icon used, or some version of this.

When I saw the coin on the first page yesterday, I immediately went and ordered the bicycle coin (and a holiday coin for a Secret Santa gift).

My intention is to place it along the American River Trail in the Sacramento, California area that has bike paths on both sides of the river. I'll attach a key tag to it asking geocachers to keep it on the trail.

Now that I've read the thread, I'd love to get my hands on some of the rejects to distribute along the trail. What was the verdict on them?

I don't have any "wheeled" incidents to share but as a jogger for over 15 years, I've ended up as a grill ornament a couple of times because drivers didn't look the other way for a slow moving object like me. Luckily I was never hurt. While the coin is geared for those on wheels, pedistrians should benefit as well.

If you have Coins entered in the Todie's Wild Ride Cointest Race, keep an eye on their progress. I will be awarding some Look Twice GeoCoins as MinGame Prizes according to the progress of those Coins measured at the end of the year!!! What do we have in store?? Look for details like...Most Caches visited, Longest single move, Most Discoveries, What else??? We will have to wait to see!!!

I got a new camera that is supposed to be good on close ups for Geocoins.

I hope to get it figured out soon.

What kind of camera is it?? Remember that for close ups, absolute stillness is a must. When the focus is so close, even moving a Milimeter will cause it to be out of focus. I usually hold the Camera firmly against some object for stability.

It is a Nikon but i am not sure the model off the top of my head.

I am thinking of making a stand that i can sit the camera on.

This way they will be real steady shots that are fast and easy to do.

I hope.

i.ve got a geocoin...don't think....it is not special because.........

# Our family does not give gifts with Christmas

# This geocoin was given by my parents

# they ordered the geocoin at internet. [the age off them is 79]

# it was there first order ever at internet

#They did not ask help

So you understand when i got this gift 1# christmas i was very surprised and very touch :(:(

I know this was a big thing to do for them but they did it for me :lol:

So this was a fantastic en special Christmas Gift :D

a gift with a lot off love given :lol:

Oh, well I didn't take anything for Christmas, except the lovely bitten by the geocoin bug coin from the mystery sender, some wooden nickels and a beautiful card, that came the day before Christmas!

At Christmas I was working until late at night! After 10 at night, and after being all these hours alone guarding....you are not in your best!

I am still unpaid for November, so....

Anyway, even if I didn't take any material presents, I received lots of love, kisses and happyness, and to tell you the truth that is the greatest present anyone can get! I felt the love of my girlfriend, I felt that she missed me, I felt the love of my sister & my brother in law, I felt the love of my parents! Isn't that great?

when I was working, I had phonecalls from them to keep me some company, to change wishes, to tell me....! these were the warmest things I felt in that very cold night!

Ok....after all that, I had a great Christmas present ...from my girlfriend, ...but that is not your bussiness!!! :lol::lol::(

Hey I am kidding right?? :(

Not an entry, but I got the computer I'm using, a few nice shirts, great coins and pathtags from some special people here and probably the most touching gift of all came from Cache_in_hand...THANKS, my friends!

Now KAboom...well...that boy deserved much more than I could give him this year, he's been a very good young man, he's really turned his life around (I'm so proud of him). I was really upset I couldn't do more, but some great friends made Christmas memorable for him! Geopigs gave him an iPod, Nurse Nanna gave him new shoes, socks and a gift card...both gave him the gift of love and caring! He was really surprised and very happy, I was touched deep in my heart!

Life may take turns for the worst and we all may feel overwhelmed...but friends and family, they keep the world turning!

Due to some family issues we have not had our children overnight for around seven months, The issues have been resolved and our VERY special Christmas present was to be able to have our two children for Christmas eve through the day after Christmas and in a few weeks home for good. That was the best present we could have hoped for. :lol:

I asked for Home Depot gift cards so I could finish the home repairs I NEED to do and I ran out of money to finish. Any way I received three and was very touched by their generousity. However, there was one gift that I never expected. My son knows I like gadgets and this Christmas was very hard for me. He gave me an iPod touch! I have been playing with it since I was able to charge it and it is great fun! I have never seen one before and I won't tell you what I thought was in the box when I opened it as it would definitely give away my age! LOL

As for the material things, I got a Starbucks gift card. and my GC forums mission gifts. I fixed a nice roast for I had to eat dinner at work. to top it off, I had to work the next shift, also since the roads were snowy and icy - Kay couldn't make it in to work. ( good thing I wored her shift since I was unable to make it in to my shift Friday.)

My mom mixed up my Christmas list and I got a couple of things he wanted. So all I really got was a pair of pj bottoms from Costco, and a eyeshadow palette from my MIL. Now he on the other hand cleaned up, I would take them back but they are things we could both use.

DH and I didn't exchange gifts as he wants to buy a new TV and keeps thinking prices will come down some more. He can be a snail in these type of things and will probably miss the window.

Mother Nature was kind to us and I was able to find # 100 before the New Year. Had to sneak away for a little to do this as the relatives visiting had knee surgery and my In Laws both have had knee or hip replacement and can't get around for this kind of thing.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

For Christmas, well I was laid up, had hurt my hip and wasn’t in the best of shape or mind for Christmas. But in walks my daughter and with her and my wife I was taken care of which was enough for me. But there were a few presents passed and I had gotten a box of caramel chocolates, a DVD “Batman the Dark Knight” and a little liquid holiday cheer. ;)

Two days later when our daughter was leaving she made the comment that she would not be coming for my birthday (she knows I hate it when she drives during the winter as we live in the snow belt and last year we had over 11 ft of it and when the wind begins to blow, you get the drift pardon the pun) which I was grateful for but she stuck out a present and told me to open it now, a beautiful new camera, she a great kid. :D

Hope you all have the very best New Year and we’ll see you on the trails.

Told my family I was losing my mind and shape so they got me a Nintendo DS Brain Age and wii fit. Guess I need to use them now to get both back to where they used to be!

My son has let me "borrow" his wii fit. It really is a lot of fun, I don't think I will ever be able to "remember" to get it back to him. ;)

1000 piece Candy Cane Puzzle

Camara so I can take pictures of my travels on the geobike

Lots of money for college

Root Beer bottle for my collection

New cycling socks

Candy

You collect root beer bottles? Do you drink them, or leave them full?? You may have given birth to a new idea for another MiniGame??

Most of them are older so the root beer is long gone. I do have a few that still have root beer in them.

1000 piece Candy Cane Puzzle

Camara so I can take pictures of my travels on the geobike

Lots of money for college

Root Beer bottle for my collection

New cycling socks

Candy

You collect root beer bottles? Do you drink them, or leave them full?? You may have given birth to a new idea for another MiniGame??

Most of them are older so the root beer is long gone. I do have a few that still have root beer in them.

I've got coke bottles from the 70's and still (somewhat) full. I used to collect coke and still have some of the collection including a 50's coke vending machine...cokes for a $.05!

Hello all,

Another newbie here saying hello and hoping that your mission takes off! My brother rides a bike, and we all hope that both he rides safely and that others drive safely.

I used to be an RA (resident assistant) for my college in a big biking town (pedal-powered) and I can't begin to tell you how many times I'd read the news and it would feature someone new who was hit by a dumb driver not looking twice or a bicyclist who didn't obey Arizona's traffic laws.

I'd also like to enter your cointest if I may.... I believe you're on "what did you get for Christmas?" I got a new luggage set, some books, and some cooking paraphrenalia (an apron and a new veggie chopper).... yeah, I like to cook.

Good luck, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello all,

Another newbie here saying hello and hoping that your mission takes off! My brother rides a bike, and we all hope that both he rides safely and that others drive safely.

I used to be an RA (resident assistant) for my college in a big biking town (pedal-powered) and I can't begin to tell you how many times I'd read the news and it would feature someone new who was hit by a dumb driver not looking twice or a bicyclist who didn't obey Arizona's traffic laws.

I'd also like to enter your cointest if I may.... I believe you're on "what did you get for Christmas?" I got a new luggage set, some books, and some cooking paraphrenalia (an apron and a new veggie chopper).... yeah, I like to cook.

Good luck, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Welcome to the Game and to the forums. Best of luck in your new adventures!!