Look Twice GeoCoin

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

On Christmas I had a PS3 Madagascar game, 2 Narnia Blu-ray discs, 101 and 102 Dalmatians movies with Glenn Close, oven bake clay and acrylic paint. Yes, I like dogs and animals :D

We also received our three Santa missions.

It was our first Christmas as grand-parents to 2 cute little babies. Who can ask for more :D

Happy New Year!

Well guess I wasn't all that good this year I didn't get anything.

Even drneal beat me he got some packages in the yard....he can keep those.

I guess if you think about it I did get something I got to give....

I gave to the kids, Spoke with Santa and got their wishes filled, these were not big, the

kids are good and didn't ask for much.

I got the Wife a new Cannon 12Meg DSLR Camera, and extra lens, maybe she will let me use it.

I got the Inlaws some nice gifts, as well as got my Mother some gifts.

I even got to fill a My Hearts Desire item.

But I did get a house full of friends and family, a great meal, and lots of time to reflect on how lucky I am to have what I have.

Oh yeah a new friend sent me a great card and coin this year that reminds me that I need to make better use of the time I have, since this is limited as well

So I guess I got the best gift of all, family and friends.

Thanks for asking

I hope everyones 2009 is everything they wish and more.

I always have a hard time when someone asks me what I want for Christmas. Many times, they don't get an answer so they either don't get me anything or they get what makes sense.

This years gifts:

gloves

2 pair dress pants

dress shirt / tie

2# pistachio nuts

level

square

large ammo box

small ammo box

2 key keepers (for caches)

2 TB tags

8 rechargeable AA batteries w/charger

all in all, I guess it doesn't matter how old we get, we can still get "toys". they are just a different type than we used to get :unsure:

Forgot to post a really cool gift I got from my wife. I had been complaining about how none of the pens in the car would work. I'd get out to a cache with a pen, it wouldn't work, so I'd have to track back to the car to grab a pencil. So she got me a Fisher Space Pen. I tested it out on a rainy day on a soaking wet log and it worked like a champ. I'd definitely recommend it for any serious geocacher.

Didn't I see a GREEN version of this coin somewhere? Not sure if it was the bike or the motorcycle. Is this a trade/cache/etc version? Or am I totally wrong and losing my mind? :blink:

You DID see a GREEN one! I had some samples made in other colors, but we decided not to produce them(at least for now). I sent them off in Christmas packages. Blue, Red, Green.

OK, remember that there will be some prizes by random draw among ALL POSTS in this thread. That is still coming, as well as some prizes for the Mini Categories that I have added. Here's another Mini Categorie, and this will hopefully get the post count to jump.

I will be eventually releasing 100 of these Coins under my own account. I can't possibly think of 100 Missions, and do not want to repeat them, so...

Please post Missions for my Coins. I will need 100 different missions. Post only one Mission per post, and make sure it is not too long to fit in the Mission Section of a Coin Page. I will try my best to paste them into the Coin pages just the way you write them, whenever I get to activate the Coins. Remember that these Coins will still be owned by me, but the Mission can be anything that you think of. These do not have to fit the Guidelines of discussing Bike Safety. That message will be carried in the "About this Item" section, and is also carried by the Coin's name and design. Start Posting those Missions. Please feel free to ask any questions too.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

How about to place the coin in one of your caches and write which cache is that witht he mission to travel all the time to the east (or west), until it reaches the same cache again!

By this way will make a circle of Earth! :(

I am not writing the exact way you will write it, so you can choose the cache and the way it will take!

Hmm.... I saw that I must post only one mission per post, but with the mission I wrote, you can actually have 2 or even 4 missions!

One can go always East, one alway West..... :anicute:

I hope you will like the idea! ;)

Maybe this is a Non Idea?? I thought it might be fun, having the chance to make up Missions for someone elses travelers?? The Mission could even be to make it's way to your pocket!! Let's see some fun ones. Post as many as you like, but each one in a seperate post. They need to be written as actual Missions rather than just the idea. I'm trying to be very lazy here, so I won't heve to do all that typing when the time comes. I want to copy and paste your Mission assignments directly to the Coin Page.

It looks like we have ONE so far...

My Mission is to go China to GCGBZT Lakhang Cache and then make it up Mount Everest The highest point on earth so I can be ON THE TOP OF THE WORLD.

Opalsns

Now I need 99 more!!

My mission is to travel to Sturgis, South Dakota, to see the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, and be placed in an area cache. Along the way I'd like to visit interesting sites and meet new friends.

How's that. Now only 98 more to go.

Karen

Edited by kmmlynch

My mission is to tavel to the Netherland to the TT Circuit in Assen (Motorsport race track located in Assen, Netherlands. Host of MotoGP and World Superbike Championships) and to visit three caches that are closest by. These are: GC82E3 - Dirt; GCKE6A - Twijfelveld and GCPYKQ - Pathfinder. From there I will travel to the first cache I was released in again. I am spreading the message of Bike Awareness from cache to cache.

Edited by Sivota

My mission is to travel to Sturgis, South Dakota, to see the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, and be placed in an area cache. Along the way I'd like to visit interesting sites and meet new friends.

How's that. Now only 98 more to go.

Karen

I have a motogrrl coin that that was one of its goals and it did make it!!!

My mission is to spread some smiles around the world and start a epidemic.

Smiling is infectious,

You catch it like the flu,

When someone smiled at me today,

I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner,

and someone saw my grin,

When he smiled I realised,

I’d passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile,

Then I realised its worth,

A single smile just like mine,

Could travel round the earth.

So if you feel a smile begin,

Don’t leave it undetected

Let’s start an epidemic quick

And get the world infected!

I could try. :anicute: ....................there are now 22 smilecoins traveling around the world. :(;):D:);)

Mission:

Visit caches from cities that held Olympic games, Winter or Summer!

I hope to visit the ancient Olympia, the City that actually held the ancient Olympic games too!

Please add photos, and if you can, take a photo with the coin showing the stadiums of the Olympic games!!

Cycling from cache to cache and find bike songs around the world

Bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bicycle

I want to ride my bike

I want to ride it where I like

You say black I say white

You say bark I say bite

You say shark I say hey man

Jaws was never my scene

And I don't like Star Wars

You say Rolls I say Royce

You say God give me a choice

You say Lord I say Christ

I don't believe in Peter Pan

Frankenstein or Superman

All I wanna do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bike

I want to ride my

Bicycle races are coming your way

So forget all your duties oh yeah!

Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today

So look out for those beauties oh yeah

On your marks get set go

Bicycle race bicycle race bicycle race

Bicycle bicycle bicyI want to ride my bicycle

Bicycle bicycle bicycle

Bicycle race

You say coke I say caine

You say John I say Wayne

Hot dog I say cool it man

I don't wanna be the President of America

You say smile I say cheese

Cartier I say please

Income tax I say Jesus

I don't wanna be a candidate

For Vietnam or Watergate

Cos all I want to do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bike

I want to ride it where I like

Which song do you know?????

Looking good, I will take the first 100. It may be quite a while before these get activated, and remember that I will be the owner of these Coins. They will be available for adoption after they complete their missions.

just setting 100 coins in to the world makes me very happy, thank you for that :anicute:

100 more chances that i can find a coin :( i sure like that ;)

Riding from cache to cache with me lights on.

There is a bike, a phantom bike,

That rides and stalks every night

It moves and pedals, and steers

and provokes many fears.

The phantom bike has run down many men

and it's sound, a slight din

no one knows the phantom bike,

but be safe, ride at night with a light.

POem by Kevin.

Safety First

I don't know if this is still open for entries, but I'll add my story for any newbies to motorcycling. At the time this happened, I had only had my 1600cc v-twin putt putt for about 6 months. I had taken the Maryland motorcycle rider safety course, so I knew about emergency manuevers etc, which saved my butt.

I was cruising down state highway #1 (Belair Rd) in the northern section where it stops being so congested, and begins to be a bit more rural. I was cruising at least 50mph or so (not certain) as I know my habits to be a bit liberal. Out of nowhere (from behind a parked truck) comes a car from a side entrance to the road about 50ft ahead of me. And she stopped when she realized what she had done! There was no time to think, and for some reason my prior training kicked in. I made an emergency swerve that set this huge bike so low in the turn, I was certain I was going down. Then amazingly, My left mirror clipped the bumper of the car on my LEFT. I have no idea how I missed hitting her, but the bike stood back up, and I scooted back to full control of the bike. There was an abundance of profanities, and not so nice gestures, but I came away with my hide intact. My undies were not in quite so good condition however. LOL.

So what did I learn from this flash of terror!

Always, Always prepare for what you think will never happen! Take a rider safety course if you havn't already. Do the safety routine, even if you think you are superman! That bothersome helmet, and leathers may save your hide someday!