MISSION: Santa's Mission

Butterfly_lady

Depends where you are and where you are sending it to, but at this time of year postal systems are stretched to the limits so normal timing don't apply

from the Netherlands to the USA...

it just that i send two package last time one to the USA and one AUSTRALIA and they never arrived and when i send for the second time they where arrived in a week...

so i`m just started to get a little worry now :laughing:

We received our Mission last Weekend! Sorry that I did not post before. I was very ill the whole week and also not healthy at the moment. But its going better every day. dadgum german winter.

We were so happy about the Package. Very nice Coins and many other beautyful things.

Thank you so much RedShoes Girl :laughing: The Christmas coin 2005 is now the Highlight of our Coin Selection!

I hope you received also a nice Package. Have a good time and we wish you a very happy christmas!

MISSION COMPLETED

Depends where you are and where you are sending it to, but at this time of year postal systems are stretched to the limits so normal timing don't apply

from the Netherlands to the USA...

it just that i send two package last time one to the USA and one AUSTRALIA and they never arrived and when i send for the second time they where arrived in a week...

so i`m just started to get a little worry now :D

A week from Europe to the states? A letter takes longer, never mind a parcel.... :laughing:

It is very common for letters and parcels to take longer, especially at this time of year. I went to the post office last night and there were looooooong cues! This must be their busiest time!

Two of our Missions have arrived to us safely so far....

Just learned that I have a secret Santa from the UK ... I am soo excited.

We are waiting for my youngest daughter's mission to arrive and then we will open all our packages, and post pictures as well. We have the two packages under our Christmas tree, and the suspense is really getting to my daughters (as well as MOM, but I don't let them know!!!)

Heidi

Those that I still need to hear from that their mission is sent.....

River Princess

dark_onyx1982

Cav Scout

CTKayak

PSU Fan

red squirrel

Team FIREBOY (should be back soon)

TeamAmaroo - 2nd mission

Now, some of us are getting concerned about possible illness, or accident preventing you from posting your status.....

Please reassure us that you are well.....

santa_cry_2.jpg

If anyone has received a mission and not posted, it would also be great to hear.....

as I am marking off all missions, and would like to see this one completed before my summer holidays (yes, I said SUMMER - which means CHRISTMAS here)

Mission:

1. Participating: Yes

2. Received Name: Yes

3. Mission Complete: Yes - I deserve being on the "Naughty List" for getting my package out so late...but it has been sent. My apologies to my recipient for having to wait so long for their mission and to Butterfly Lady since I did not follow the rules by getting it out by November 10th!!!! Happy Holidays to All!

4. Package Received: Yes - Believe it or not I have been good and have waited to open the box. I will be sure to break into it this week and post pictures. I wanted to wait until the start of the holiday season and I have some holiday traditions coming up this week...so does my Santa Mission...thanks again and I will let you know once it is opened. :D

Mission Complete :laughing:

Mission #1 River Cacher

1. Participating: E-mail sent

2. Received Name: 10-30-08

3. Mission Complete: Mailed out 11-13-08

4. Package Received:

Mission #2 River Tinkerbell

2. Received Name:10-27-08 Now the fun begins to see what else I can find for my X-MAS Mission.

3. Mission Complete: 11-15-08 or close

4. Package Received:11-8-8

Mission #3 River Princess

2. Received Name:10-27-08 Now the fun begins to see what else I can find for my X-MAS Mission.

3. Mission Complete: 11-26-08

4. Package Received:11-22-08

I will be posting pictures soon.

The girls have opened theres and they love all of the neat items.

My package says i have to wait until December 1st and then follow instructions.

I hope evryone has enjoyed it as much as we have.

I was going to save all the packages until X-mas but the first one showed up while i was not at hoime and my daughter opened it and i asked why did you do that and she replied it had my name on it and it did not say do not open it.

She sure enjoyed all the stuff.

I thought i had posted that River Princess sent it off on 11-26-08.

She was late but the Post Office told us 6 days to the addreess.

It should be there anytime as it is going on ten days.

Me and my Kids would like to THANK YOU for the mission Butterfly_lady :laughing:

THANK YOU so much to our secret (and one not-so-secret) santas! Yesterday we had our own "coin Christmas" and opened our packages! This is what we got:

Miss Geosmurf

4f98b540-a2c9-45d7-818d-5dc142b49186.jpg

All the way from secret santa in Canonsburg, PA! A suncatcher sun coin (here comes the sun), a DNF pin, a teddy bear, a bracelet, a jingle bell (?), a stocking and a "box present".

Mrs Geosmurf

c7b09cd8-0ea4-4ad2-a11f-cacbe82179e2.jpg

All the way from Laval K-9 in Canada! Two of their own coins (not sure of the names, but one has Wyatt in his dog house on it, and the other one is geocaching time), snowman candles, a snowman ornament, a stocking, a guest towel, clothes pins with Rudolph, a snowman mug, and maple syrup.

Mr Geosmurf

56e42711-21a6-402e-8cc4-4c069df474ac.jpg

All the way from a secret santa in Weston, Florida! A Team Chelmo coin from New Zealand, a blue Dear Santa ornament coin, a Noah's Ark coin (spelling???), a Yoda pathtag (not sure of the name here!), a santa kite (which for us is a summer thing!) and a stocking.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Lovely gifts!! And thank you to Butterfly_lady for hosting this mission!!

Camilla, Krister & Felicia

aka geosmurfarna

Misson #1 - Kid Mission - Western Mass Clan "Big Brother" (7 y/o)

1. Participating: SENT EMAIL Oct. 09, 2008

2. Received Name: Oct. 27, 2008

3. Mission Sent: Dec. 4, 2008

4. Package Received!: YES! Nov. 22, 2008

Misson #2 - Kid Mission - Western Mass Clan "Little Sis" (3 y/o)

2. Received Name: Oct. 27, 2008

4. Package Received!: Not yet.

Mission #3 - Adult Mission - Western Mass Clan Dad (me)

2. Received Name: Oct. 29, 2008

4. Package Received!: YES! Nov. 25, 2008

Our missions went out yesterday. Again, my sincere apologies for not being able to get these put together and out the door sooner. Nonetheless, I think the recipients will be pleased. The kids and I had a lot of fun shopping for the swag! :laughing: The post office assures me they should get across the pond to their respective addressees within 10 days.

As I posted a few days ago, we have also received two of our missions and opened them today (now that we've sent ours). I will post pictures as soon as I can! Thank you!

Matt

I thought i had posted that River Princess sent it off on 11-26-08.

She was late but the Post Office told us 6 days to the addreess.

It should be there anytime as it is going on ten days.

Me and my Kids would like to THANK YOU for the mission Butterfly_lady :laughing:

Yep - the elves missed that post....

Thanks for reminding them...

The red list is shortening fast....

but the pink list is growing even faster.....

Mission # 1 - Adult

1. Participating: :laughing: Email sent 10/01/08

2. Received Name: 10/29/08

3. Mission Complete: 12/03/08

4. Package Received! : 11/25/08 Gave to my wife, to add to my stocking. Was tempted but didn't open it at all.

Mission # 2 - Child

1. Participating: :D Email sent 10/01/08

2. Received Name: 10/27/08

3. Mission Complete: 12/03/08

4. Package Received! : 12/01/08 Will be going under tree.

I am sorry I have not have been as up to date on here as I should have been. Buying our new house and moving has taken a lot more time then i thought :laughing:

Mission 1 - Adult

1. Participating: yes (10/2/08)

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!: YES!!! Thank you so much for all the goodies Fiabus! I really love the handmade card! I will post pictures here as soon as I unpack my camera.

Mission 2- Pet

1. Participating: yes (10/2/08)

2. Received Name: rec'd 10/27/08

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Just checking in - at least I'm relieved that others are still waiting for their packages too. With the best part of a month gone since the deadline when we were supposed to send international packages, I thought mine was lost but I won't give up hope just yet as many others are still patiently waiting too.

I know that both my Santa and both Penguin missions have reached their recipients so I can feel happy that I've done my side - looking forward to getting my packages now :laughing:

The best that could happen is that the Santa's mission arrives tomorrow morning - that way, I won't have to wait 24 hours and visit the sorting office the following day to collect!

Mission # 1 - Adult

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received! No. Maybe I am not even coal-worthy? :D

Mission # 2 - Child

1. Participating:

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received! Thankyou!!

It was mailed on 11/11/2008 from the UK so it will hopefully arrive soon!!

Well we were too impatient to wait till Christmas so we opened our Santa's Mission :) and were excited by the generosity of TeamEccs21 who sent us a wonderful box of goodies.

c084ba4e-e393-4f21-b808-5823f49f5fdb.jpg

We were also intrigued by what the mission came in - a box for an all-weather remote controlled convenience system to start your car from the comfort of you home or office! WOW - you guys can buy a device so that you can start the air-conditioning in your car to cool it down before you hop in it! With temperatures between 32C - 38C (90F - 100F) the last few weeks one of these would make caching here in summer so much better! :P:P

Thank you very much Tim and Marie for your gifts, we love your personal coin, pathtags and the Travel Penguin Christmas coin, and it seems, we have a challenge to complete before we unwrap the second gift.

We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and Holiday Season, and special thanks to Butterfly_Lady for helping to spread the cheer. :D:D

Edited by Just a Trifle

We were also intrigued by what the mission came in - a box for an all-weather remote controlled convenience system to start your car from the comfort of you home or office! WOW - you guys can buy a device so that you can start the air-conditioning in your car to cool it down before you hop in it! With temperatures between 32C - 38C (90F - 100F) the last few weeks one of these would make caching here in summer so much better! :D:P

We actually use it more this time of year so we can get into a warm car. :P

Merry Christmas :D

Barry of sweetlife

1. Participating: 10/2/08

2. Received Name:10/28/08

3. Mission Complete: Sent

4. Package Received!: Not Yet, but no worries, still plenty of time, I have a gift that I will be presenting to my husband for St. Nickolas Day as well so he wont be left out. :D

Valarie of sweetlife

2. Received Name: 10/28/08

4. Package Received!: Not Yet, received a package today, and Bella and I will be opening our packages tomarrow since it is St. Nickolas. Thank You So Much Theotokos. We will post pics tomarrow after we open them :P .

Note: Theotokos, contacted us and it was not a Santa Mission so I will be looking forward to receiving my package as well. Plenty of time until Chrsitmas. Thank You for the update Theotokos :D

Bella/Adult Parrot

2. Received Name: received name

4. Package Received!: Yes, Bella is been looking at the big box and she is been a good parrot, so she will be opening her present from Ms Clause BlueMotMot, will post pictures of her and her mission on St. Nickolas day as well. :P

Edited by sweetlife

Just checking in - at least I'm relieved that others are still waiting for their packages too. With the best part of a month gone since the deadline when we were supposed to send international packages, I thought mine was lost but I won't give up hope just yet as many others are still patiently waiting too.

I know that both my Santa and both Penguin missions have reached their recipients so I can feel happy that I've done my side - looking forward to getting my packages now :D

The best that could happen is that the Santa's mission arrives tomorrow morning - that way, I won't have to wait 24 hours and visit the sorting office the following day to collect!

Unfortunately, there was a delay in sending you one to you ~ but it is definitely winging it's way to you now from....... oops! Not allowed to tell.

A few days ago I received my parcel from GeoKs:

4b836a0e-4460-40dc-aafa-6eed35a9f84f.jpg

Yesterday I had a little early christmas celebration when I opened it in front of the fireplace :D

I received a beautiful "Happy Holidays" Coin (now I must find a way to attach some kind of hanger to it, so I can put it on the chrismas tree...) with a matching pin and a matching small non-trackable coin, a little card a chrismas ornament and chocolates. Additionally there was a wonderful, beautiful earth turtle pin! And a "canadian Cacher" Pin, with the adorable litte beaver dude! I like that beaver so much smiley_emoticons_herzen02.gif

1e85fdcb-874d-4c65-9f47-f3265b45b634.jpg

Thank you so much GeoKs!!!!!!

We received our Mission last Weekend! Sorry that I did not post before. I was very ill the whole week and also not healthy at the moment. But its going better every day. dadgum german winter.

We were so happy about the Package. Very nice Coins and many other beautyful things.

Thank you so much RedShoes Girl :D The Christmas coin 2005 is now the Highlight of our Coin Selection!

I hope you received also a nice Package. Have a good time and we wish you a very happy christmas!

MISSION COMPLETED

glad it arrived ok. hope you are feeling a little bit better every day!

rsg

We have sent out 3 missions and have not received a single one of ours yet :D

Still loads of time before christmas. I am expecting loads of stuff from US which is taking much longer than usual at the moment.

I'm sure BL will be along when she wakes up to let you know what is happening.

Good morning - SUNDAY morning here - already 8am, slept a little late, as one does on Sunday

Off to the Farmers Market next....

Chananda.... You have 3 incoming missions.

From three different areas.... All three have water to cross....

Provided the Postal service is not inudated, I am hoping they will start trickling in soon.

waiting is hard, when so many have already posted ~ that happened to me with the very first mission I participated in.....

SuperStock_1558-34431.jpg

1. Participating: 6 October 2008

2. Received Name: 30 October 2008

3. Mission Complete: Eventually Today. 6th December

4. Package Received!: Yes

Great new snowman mug and no snow and shaddows friend personal coins as well as some really nice tree decorations.

Thanks a mill

1. Participating: 6 October 2008

2. Received Name: 30 October 2008

3. Mission Complete: 6th December

4. Package Received!:

Oh Screem, things can't really get much more disorganised here. I had everything bought and sorted. I even managed to get it wrapped and everything and then the bookcase in the study collapsed. Thankfully the only casualty was the book case and the cat's nerves but in the clear up everything just got thrown in a box.

So now that i have found everything again it is all enveloped up and the postage has been paid online and will be put in the post box on my way yo work tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay, i hope they get there before christmas.

Ljay

Updating our missions status;

1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/1/08

2. Received Name: Received Mission Name 10/27/08

3. Mission Complete: Kids posted while Dad was in South Africa SO COMPLETE

4. Package Received!: 11/29/08

Great Package from the UK great sweats, loved the coins not sure how SANTA got the TKD coin,

but had my eye on this one for some time THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :D:D

Mission #2 Queenie-Boo-Bay

1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/1/08

2. Received Name: Received Mission Name 10/27/08

3. Mission Complete: Kids posted while Dad was in South Africa SO COMPLETE

4. Package Received!: NOT YET but Dad said we will have to wait till CHRISTMAS to open

Happy Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas to ALL

Cav Scout

CTKayak

red squirrel

PSU Fan

Team FIREBOY (Back from the land of Oz)

TeamAmaroo - 2nd mission

dark_onyx1982

River Princess

Now, some of us are getting concerned about possible illness, or accident preventing you from posting your status.....

Just three to check in now....

Edited by Butterfly_lady

MISSION 1: Nana

1. Participating: YES

2. Received Name:YES 10/30/08

3. Mission Complete: I shipped mine today as it was going international. It has arrived.

4. Package Received!: Yes, received today from MissMarple43 and I am speechless. I received 4 coins: 5 Jahre Geoclub de. Geocoin, Bremen 2008, koelner dom and micro-organism geocoins. There was Christmas decorations, and goodies to eat. My grandson was here and had waited long enough to put up the tree so we put the tree up and put the decorations on the tree. It was fun trying new goodies and they are all good. We had fun opening the packages. Thank you so much, it was fabulous. :D:D:P:P The Christmas ornaments will be part of our Christmas traditions from now on. The coins will always be in my collection and we really enjoy seeing the traditions of your country.

MISSION 2: Papa.

2. Received Name:YES 10/30/08

3. Mission Complete: Mailed it out today with delivery confirmation. The one he sent has been received.

4. Package Received!: Not yet.

My wife said that there is at least 1 package waiting for me when i get home from California tonight. I can wait!! (oh that's right i am suppose to wait till Christmas ). I don't think i can wait that long :)

The mystery deepens.....

California???

OK, i read that post again. I was in California.

But I am back now, and opening stuff :)

My First mission arrived today. And my secret Santa went all out!

Before:

45777036-2bf8-4b37-9fbd-1e3bddd33dd7.jpg

After:

230b3cb7-8aad-4fe3-b34b-67008f50101f.jpg

Coin close-up:

99f44f8f-4355-4269-a8c8-07a74a15f7ef.jpg

Each of the coins is extra special LE, XLE, or XXXXLE

THANK You very much Secret Santa (Write Shop Robert)!!

It really made me smile.

Especially the candy canes. I went to Target the other day for some regular peppermint candy canes, and they didn't have any!?!?!? They had cherry or chocolates, or 10 other varieties, but no peppermint. I am eating one right now.

And we are putting up our tree tomorrow and we will put the ornaments on the tree.

Thanks!!

My First mission arrived today. And my secret Santa went all out!

Before:

45777036-2bf8-4b37-9fbd-1e3bddd33dd7.jpg

After:

230b3cb7-8aad-4fe3-b34b-67008f50101f.jpg

Coin close-up:

99f44f8f-4355-4269-a8c8-07a74a15f7ef.jpg

Each of the coins is extra special LE, XLE, or XXXXLE

THANK You very much Secret Santa (Write Shop Robert)!!

It really made me smile.

Especially the candy canes. I went to Target the other day for some regular peppermint candy canes, and they didn't have any!?!?!? They had cherry or chocolates, or 10 other varieties, but no peppermint. I am eating one right now.

And we are putting up our tree tomorrow and we will put the ornaments on the tree.

Thanks!!

I'm so glad that it arrived safely. I can't wait for my other two to arrive. Once I had picked out the shipping box and saw that it was way too big, I decided not to fill it with bubble wrap, and opted for the little boxes, ornaments, and candycanes instead. I'm glad they came in the nick of time. You gotta try that peppermint bark chocolate...I wait for it to come each year. The best chocolate in the world!!!

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

1. Participating: Yes email sent.

2. Received Name: Yes, 10/30

3. Mission Complete: Finally got the pkg. to PO yesterday.

4. Package Received!: Yes

I hate it when life and work get in the way of fun. I have worked so hard lately the only good part is that it will make for a better X-mas. My pkg. is still under the tree just waiting till X-mas.

Great to see the missions!!! ;) I stare at Mine and EmmaGems everyday!~ STILL Havent opened em! :laughing:

Gettin ready to send em off on Monday! Was gunna last night, but lookin for one more goody! :anicute:

Thanks again Butterfly Lady...By The way, I noticed one of our missions is from YOU! :):D:D Dang them customs :blink: ..... :)

:lol:

Matlock75

2. Received Name: YES

3. Mission Complete: YES

4. Package Received!: December 05 2008

M02 Child

4. Package Received!: December 03 2008

M98 Child

4. Package Received!: December 02 2008

Mission complited! ohhhh, i´m so courios!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry of sweetlife

2. Received Name:10/28/08

4. Package Received!: Yes, Thank E&C Plus 3, We took pictures and uploaded to the computer and lost lost everything when my computer crashed. I am so sorry. I enjoyed all of the Tootsie Rolls, The Chocolate Orange, The Bison Tube, The poncho, And Three Coins, The Canada Micro from Ladsharkz, The Toojin & Bart 2008, and the Support our Troops Canadian coin(Not Sure What It Is Called), and not last but not least the very Cute Christmas hanging bear bell dangling leg Ornament, which we hung on the tree right away. :) Thank You For Making My St. Nickolas day a joyous Day. Thank You for everything, Hope you all have yourselves a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

Valarie of sweetlife

2. Received Name: 10/28/08

4. Package Received!: Not Yet, There is plenty of time until Chrsitmas. :)

Bella/Adult Parrot

2. Received Name: received name

4. Package Received!: Yes, Sorry to say but we lost all the pictures on my computer when it crashed. Bella was one Happy Parrot tho. She received a very nice big bird chew toys which she loves so much. She also received parrot treats, popcorn and pretty bird hanging treat sticks and treats balls, she also was spoiled with geocoins, Thank You Bluemotmot :D

Cav Scout

CTKayak

Just two to check in now.....

Does anyone know Cav Scout or CTKayak - can anyone check that they are ok - they are not responding to emails....

Anyone seen or heard anything????

Life throws us curlies now & then ~ ~ ~ so anything could have happened.

We would like to hear

1. that outgoing missions have been mailed.

2. Incoming mission has been received safely.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

I see one of them had posted on my thread and here is his post.

I am glad to see he is doing fine.

I also sent him a note.

Cav Scout Dec 3 2008, 07:47 PM Post #58

Jedi Master

Group: Premium Members

Since this is for geocaching related things and not coin collectors, I want to nominate all of the cachers who spend their personal time into placing quality geocaches for us to find and putting smiles on our faces and giving us that FTF rush when we are the first to sign the log.

Edited by River Cacher

Sorry can't make the mission. Finals are coming up at the university and I'm currently involved with the academic counselings and the grading of the final exams. Work first.

Thanks for being concerned for my where abouts.

Merry Christmas.

Cav Scout

CTKayak

Does anyone know Cav Scout or CTKayak - can anyone check that they are ok - they are not responding to emails....

We would like to hear

Sorry can't make the mission. Finals are coming up at the university and I'm currently involved with the academic counselings and the grading of the final exams. Work first.

Thanks for being concerned for my where abouts.

Merry Christmas.

Cav Scout

CTKayak

We would like to hear

BL

Does that mean that CS is not sending a mission??? If so could you send me the addy of Cavscouts swapee I'd like to send them a little something, why should they miss out?

Edited by skibumsuk