The 'IMAGINE' Mystery Geocoin?

tsunrisebey

I have not been visiting the forums much this summer, busy with all the chaos that kids bring to the house in the summer. Last week I received a long delayed package from Ima Gine. Of course it was the stunning Imagine mystery coin and CD. What a beautiful message in these troubled times. I feel very honored to receive it, but I think it could serve a better purpose than to be admired in my coin binder. I just read about Tod's sudden passing. If I get no objections, I think you can all IMAGINE where I am going with this. I will be putting a listing up on E-bay Sunday evening with TOD in the title. I will not be able to put a link here, but please look for it and spread the word.

Thank you Ima Gine for the wonderful coin and the beautiful message that goes along with it. I hope you will feel that what I would like to do with this coin honors the intent of it. If you do not want me to proceed with my plans please send me an e-mail and I will honor your wishes. Thanks again for your generousity and message of good will.

I was the lucky recipient of one of these stunning coins in the summer, and for various reasons, I wasn't at home over the summer much at all; in fact, when I did finally come home my family had sorted the mail into two piles, one for general mail and a small box brim full of bubble mailers :ph34r:

I am only just now managing to catch up with myself and sort everything out. It was however generally a good summer, but an extremely busy one, other half was in hospital (but thankfully recovered) conferences, meetings, a small holiday, a trip to China, then of course the Olympics!

Enough of that ...

When I originally posted admiring the Imagine coin, I posted, Imagine the coin taking a visit to the Abbey Road Studios in London ...

I am happy to report that on 1st September 2008 my Imagine coin went on a pilgrimage to Abbey Road. I went with my friend Kaz who had to help with some of the photography. We started off taking pictures outside the studio from the street, against the famous autograph wall, and then got a little braver, venturing inside the car park and taking some pictures at the foot of the steps into the building. There we got talking to a chap who came out of the studios, he was actually admiring GeoDog, aka Caesar as he was posing nicely to have his photograph taken. The chap said he "banged drums for a living" and started telling us a little history of the building and about all the famous people who have recorded there. He was even recounting tales of the Beatles when they first arrived at Abbey Road.

We asked his name and he said Tristan Fry, which, sadly didn't mean anything to us at the time, and mentioned this week and next he is due tobe banging his drums on the James Bond and Harry Potter new soundtracks! WOW!

We said goodbye and made our way outside the driveway and took some more photos around the area of the famous zebra crossing, I must have crossed that road at least six times for Kaz to get the right shots!

Then we tried to find a street sign saying Abbey Road, but of course, over the years they have been stolen time and time again, so they are all now very high up attached to buildings!

Later on, when I got online, I googled the name of the man we had met at the bottom of the steps, found details about him, including a photo which verified to us it was indeed him. Guess what? He banged his drums on the Beatles Sgt Pepper album!!!! He also was a member of the John Williams group Sky. If only we'd had any idea who this pleasant and unassuming chap was ... see link

(The funny thing is that when I was previously visiting the studios to do the webcam cache that is on the site, we bumped into the band Coldplay).

Here's a selection of photos from the coins pilgrimage ... sorry there are so many, but I want ya'll to get a flavour of the spirit of this special place.

abbey%20road%20sign.jpg

be%20happy%201.jpg

be%20happy%202.jpg

coin%20and%20sign.jpg

front%20wall%201.jpg

front%20wall%202.jpg

studio%20detail.jpg

studio%20entrance%202.jpg

view%20to%20studio.jpg

crossing%201.jpg

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Ahh so I have seen one at last in the flesh down under too - gorgeous. This one really touched my heart. In fact my Grandfather named my children 'world peace' - it sounds better in Chinese! Shi Ning = shining in english ( he was such a clever man ) Shi An and Shi Liang so great to see it is travelling. I took some good pics so will upload soon.

Exceeded the limit with the last posting so here are the rest of ths photos.

crossing%202.jpg

crossing%20back.jpg

coin%20and%20sign.jpg

Thank you Ima Gine, whoever you are, you gave us such fun receiving this coin and taking on a pilgrimage to Abbey Road. :D

After our visit, we made our way into Regents Park to pick up a couple of geocaches along the way, humming Imagine as we went <_<

Wow! That's really, cool thanks for sharing! I hope to bring one of these coins to Strawberry Fields someday. :D

There is nothing more rewarding than witnessing the excitment and awe of a child.

While headed back to our room after GCF, Princess Butterfingers (our 9 year old daughter), hesitated for a moment, then plucked one of these beauties from its hiding spot. She was in total awe, glitter is one of her most favourite things, and best of all, it was hers to keep.

Thank you for your generosity, I have a little girl who is absolutely tickled pink, thanks to you!

There is nothing more rewarding than witnessing the excitment and awe of a child.

While headed back to our room after GCF, Princess Butterfingers (our 9 year old daughter), hesitated for a moment, then plucked one of these beauties from its hiding spot. She was in total awe, glitter is one of her most favourite things, and best of all, it was hers to keep.

Thank you for your generosity, I have a little girl who is absolutely tickled pink, thanks to you!

I kept my eyes open for one, but alas Room 266 didn't have an IMAGINE.

This story started a few weeks ago. I recieved an e-mail from Ima-gine explaining that they would like to give me a coin. I have always loved the coin and the meaning behind it. You can't imagine the whooping and hollering that came out when I read the e-mail. I even had it on my hearts desire list with small hopes of ever getting one. So I sent my addy and waited. And waited. And waited. I began to think mabye it was lost in the mail. What should I do? Well,like any good person would, I waited some more. This last Saturday I came home from work and the wife said I got another coin in the mail. Could it be? Yes!! It had arrived. I opened the package and had a quiet peaceful moment to myself. I was in awe of this beautiful coin. Words could not express what it is like to have one of these coins in hand. Later that night (this is where it gets interesting), I was looking the mailer and noticed that there was no postmark. I asked the wife if this was in the mailbox. She said yes. How did this get here then? I guess that's the mystery. But I do know that many cachers were up this way hiding caches for MOGA this weekend. Hmmmmm... Well it doesn't matter how it got here just that I am ever thankful for this coin and will cherish it forever. Thanks Ima-gine.

Koolbrez

I rediscovered this thread today, and have found a new place for solace within the forums. It is all too easy to get caught up in some of the negativity sometimes associated with the desire (or for some, the NEED) to acquire this coin or that coin, which trade requests didn't get answered, which coins should or should not be sold on eBay, who didn't get their Birthday Mission (really sad to read those posts), who is selling their collection to deal with troubling times, etc.

Happily, these experiences are balanced by threads like this one and the other mystery coin threads. Who knew that receiving something you didn't even know you wanted could be so much fun, or how you find yourself thrilled for anyone receiving such a surprise?! I guess it is not that difficult to "imagine" this array of emotions. (It's easy if you try...)

Sincerest congratulations to all the recipients of this coin thus far and to those to come.

Imagine

Imagine you open the mail and found a ima gine mysterycoin

Imagine you get all speechless

Imagine this is a gift from a friend who believes in the smilemission.

Imagine a coiner gives there gifted ima gine coin away to you

Imagine this coiner believes i am a peace bringer with the smilemission.

Imagine i cry from so much goodness

Imagine and i cry from happiness.

Imagine i was whole day confused and i still am after a good night sleep.

Imagine there are no words enough to thank this coiner

Imagine all these words are true

:D:D:D:D

Thank you very much for your generous gift, it means a lot to me B) more as anyone will know :D

:ph34r::o:D:D

Thank you peace dove for making this coin :D

Imagine

:D:D:D:D

Thank you very much for your generous gift, it means a lot to me B) more as anyone will know :D

:ph34r::o:D:D

Thank you peace dove for making this coin :D

We are so happy for you and reading what you wrote made us cry. We remember the day we were blessed with this mystery Dove. We were speechless crying and happy all at once so we know how it must of been for you. We will treasure this coin for the rest of our lives.

Hard to imagine this thread being on page 2. Hmmmm.

Anyway, I get home today, and really no mail to speak of. That's strange, because I imagined with the holiday that I would have a few packages. So, I spill out the ads and junk onto the counter, when a small little bubbler spills out. Imagine my surprise when it's none other than a spiffy little coin with glittery dove on it.

Super thanks for this gift!

TMA

I got home last night after attending an Emergency Preparedness seminar at the local community college.... I was asked to attend this and wound up talking to one of the guys who spoke there... amazing how what our county does to prepare for disasters, manmade and natural.... found it fascinating but got home really late. I was not having a particularly good week and Tuesday didn't have a good day for some reason. Yesterday I went through my mail and saw this mailer and 'kind of' recognized the return addressee ---l Ima Gine. I didn't open up any of my other mail except for this one envelope and almost cried.

THANK YOU for sending this to me! I LOVE the sentiment and absolutely adore the coin. It is beautiful! And I do Imagine... that maybe someday people as a whole will get along better.......

I don't know what I did to deserve this, but I sure appreciate it!

Have a wonderful Holiday Ima Gine and an even better New Year!!!!

KT

Imagine

:D:D:wub::)

Thank you very much for your generous gift, it means a lot to me :D more as anyone will know :D

;):santa::santa::santa:

Thank you peace dove for making this coin :blink:

Peace.gif

My neighbors always go to Florida for the winter and have their mail forwarded to them. They come home for the one week after Christmas. This year they found all kind of mail in the mailbox that wasn't forwarded including things addressed to several neighbors. :D

They just brought over a package addressed to me from Ima Gine Peace. I have no idea how long it may have been in their mailbox (They left in September) but receiving it at this special time of the year Make me want to pray even harder that there will be more peace in the future.

This is an absolutely gorgeous coin and sentiment. The kids had no idea what that the words enclosed were from an actual song. I'll track down an album and let them listen to it.

THANK YOU so much for sending me this coin. It will always be treasured. PEACE and JOY to all.

I found a special coin in my mailbox today. I've been reading about the other mystery coins and how they seem to show up on just the right day, or at just the right time....today should have been the 22nd wedding anniversary for Kathy and I. I would like to think that maybe somehow Kathy had something to do with Ima Gine Peace, deciding to send the coin to me, and it arriving on this day. If this is foolish, so be it.

IMG_NEW_0001-1.jpg

The group that hangs around on this geocoin forum continues to amaze and delight. On behalf of myself and Kathy, thank you to the giver of the Imagine Peace mystery coin. Your time, your investment, your artistry, are appreciated.

From our wedding 22 years ago today:

IMG_NEW-1-2.jpg

ILYK

WOW!!! what a wedding photo!!!! when I saw it it my mind went to the movie... Gone with the Wind Is looks like an photo from the old times... I love it!!!!

I love the candle stick, and the way you are in the photo! Kathy looks like she is shy and doesn't know what to do and say....

You are looking at her with lots of passion love and caring!!! Beautiful photo!!!!

Imagine Peace is amazing!!! B) the coin came in that special day??? WOW!!!

I can understand that today is a difficult day for you... Yes! I believe this may be a sign from Kathy.... so you will feel better!

Imagine Peace... you are amazing!!!! :P