Belize Toucan - Sample Photos In - reserve now

tsunrisebey

I hadn't planned on opening the reservation list up so soon but I wanted the main board to have shot a reserving a few of these. The Belize coin group was allowed to reserve what they wanted first as a 'Thank You.' (They were only allowed 2 LE's a piece also).

The design is a commemoration to a wonderful experience, a simple and beautiful people, and in turn a simple and beautiful design.

Please read the webpage link carefully, it has everything you need to know ;) No payments being taken, just a reservation list. Invoices sent after I have received coins.

Quick coins specs:

$7.75 each

Unique shape, unique icon, trackable on gc.com

Black Nickel

1.75"

3mm

250 total minted:

75 LE-translucents;None available--all reserved

175 RE-brilliant and colorful hard imitation enamel;Check website for availability

I will reply back to your emails to confirm your reservation. Please do NOT email me through my geocaching profile. Your order will more than likely be missed if you do.

http://tsunrisebey.googlepages.com/belizetoucangeocoin

Thank you tsun ;)

(edit to update available numbers)

Edited by tsunrisebey

Missed out on the LE (as usual). :D I guess some people live by their computers. I was out caching. Oh well...

CF30

Sorry CF:(

But 1 toucan RE in the hand is worth more than 2 in the cache, right? lol. My sorry attempt at humor....

tsun

I just replied to your email.

No biggie. Just a few sour grapes. I'ts all good. I'm over 'em now. ;) Would it be too late to up my order to 2 REs?

Ooooh! Sour Grapes..... Now THAT might make for an interesting geocoin.... ;) LMAO

CF30

Just replied to the emails! Thanks for reserving some Toucans :D

Only 32 left, I'll hopefully be posting some sample pics this upcoming week or at the latest, the week after.

You can always check the webpage for updates or this thread.

Thanks everyone!

tsun :D

Edited by tsunrisebey

Just replied to the emails! Thanks for reserving some Toucans :D

Only 32 left, I'll hopefully be posting some sample pics this upcoming week or at the latest, the week after.

You can always check the webpage for updates or this thread.

Thanks everyone!

I'm pretty sure Joani reserved one, at least I'm hoping she did.

--Marky

Well goodness - seein's how I've been specializing in travel to Belize for more than 20 years (yup, back before anybody'd even HEARD of that sweet little tropical gem - we're talkin' nary a T-shirt for sale in the entire nation!), I uh... why I guess I'd surely have to have one of these honeys! Just placed my order, can't wait to see these sweet baubles.

Been there dozens of times, in the early days guiding small group trips, and more recently arranging itineraries for independent travelers. Heck, just yesterday I was talking with a geopal that suggested I toss together a geocaching Belize trip...

Got everyone up to this point. Thanks for reserving the Toucan :D

globalgirl; beautiful country, still primitive in most areas, the only thing I don't miss is the humidity, lol.

Just a little over 30 regular edition Toucans left :D Hopefully, I'll have some nice pics soon for those of you who want to see what it looks like first.

Thanks again all, I appreciate it! tsun :D

Here is the icon;

BelizeToucan32x32gif.gif

Just an FYI, all Toucans (both LE and RE) are all reserved/spoken for. Thank you to all who have reserved them, much appreciated!

I have replied to all emails that have been sent, I have a small waiting list for the Regular Edition Toucans started, so if you think you may want one, please drop me an email provided in the link.

I have quit taking names for the LE list because that list is already very long.

Just a quick update and note...

Toucans are in full production, I don't have an estimated time of arrival yet but will check into that next week some time.

If you have sent me an email for a reservation for the Toucan, I have emailed everyone back, so if you never saw a reply come in from me, check your spam folders. Although this doesn't seem to be a large problem, when invoices go out, I would hate to have someone miss out or get upset because of miscommunication.

I will continue to keep this thread and the Toucan web page updated, those are always the best bets to keep yourself updated on the Toucan coin progress and when to start looking for invoices (late July/early August).

All Toucans are reserved and waiting lists have been established for both (I'm not taking any more names for the LE though). If you want to know where you are on the waiting list, you can drop me an email and I will be happy to let you know.

Thanks all,

tsun :ph34r:

Edited by tsunrisebey

Update on Toucans

They should be shipping around the 20th of July from the mint. If all goes according to plan, I should be sending out invoices the weekend of the 26th/27th. Should anything change/delay/whatever. I'll post another update.

As always updates are posted here first; http://tsunrisebey.googlepages.com/belizetoucangeocoin

codes will be hosted at coincodes.com, there is a link to it on the Toucan webpage.

Thanks, tsun :blink:

Edited by tsunrisebey

7/24/07-- As I expected would happen, there is a delay in the shipment. I was notified of 36 coins not passing quality inspection and are being remade; they are now expected to ship on 7/26/07. You just gotta love this slow process.

What's a few more days at this point :rolleyes:. So looks like invoices will be sent out in early August (first weekend time frame).

tsun :P

Guess what showed up in the mail today????? Bunches and bunches of the cutest Keel-Billed Toucans. OMG! I so wish I had saved more for myself :o I'll go through them tonight and make sure tracking numbers and coins are all ok, then I will start invoicing some time this weekend, so start watching for invoices!

You guys are going to love these! I'm so happy they turned out so adorable!

Thanks!

tsun :)