Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
cqdx

2007 Utah Micros - The Geocacher decides. Vote here

Announcing the 2007 Utah Micro. Here are the six samples I just received. I would like the community to vote on which finishes should be made. You can say 1 2 3 4 5 or 6. 1 being on the top left. 4 being on the bottom right. Also please email utahmicro@utley.us if you are interested in having this coin. This will help me decide the quantity to order.

Thanks

front.jpg

back.jpg

I like 6 ( that's bottom right, not 4, right? :rolleyes: )

5 is a close second for me, it might be the lighting when the pics were taken though.

Edited by nicolo

The 2 on the left are Satin finishes, aren't they?

I think they all look nice and you should make all 6 of them, that way people have a choice which ones they want. But I will say #3 looks best (looks like it is Antique Bronze).

With this much detail, I tend to like antique finishes, it helps show the detail. Here is my vote, Antique Bronze, Antique Gold and Antique Copper

UtahMicro.jpg

Edited by Damenace

I like #3 and #5, the details show up better and the text is easier to read.

With this much detail, I tend to like antique finishes, it helps show the detail. Here is my vote, Antique Bronze, Antique Gold and Antique Copper

UtahMicro.jpg

What he said.

UtahMicro.jpg

What he said.

I think I would have to go with 1) Antique Copper, 2) Antique Bronze, and 3) Antique Gold. I'd also be in for some of these too; E-mail on the way..

In fact I have plans on using the rejected designs for all 50 states. Guess you let the cat out of the bag. It will be called the rejected design series.

Well, if you've got permission, you've got permission. I'll take 5 of the wyoming coins when you get there.

Well, if you've got permission, you've got permission. I'll take 5 of the wyoming coins when you get there.

I have 20 states done as far as artwork. Going to get samples soon. Here is a Wyoming sneak peak. You want to be the sponsor?

wy.jpg

By sponsor, do you mean upfront the costs?

Perhaps, but I'd have to see the proof of permission / copyright issue first. I still have concerns that the original artist has claim to the intellectual property.

In fact I have plans on using the rejected designs for all 50 states. Guess you let the cat out of the bag. It will be called the rejected design series.

I like #3 and #6 above.

I didn't know they had the rejected artwork posted on the mint site. I'm glad the WV coin won't look like any of those. Not because I don't like them, I'm just glad it'll be different.

UtahMicro.jpg

This post has been edited by Damenace: May 15 2007, 11:04 AM

I Agree with Damanace, but I like the Antique Silver!

UtahMicro.jpg

I like the antique finishes as well :( . Great looking coins. What is the icon going to look like? I would be up for a set or two.

I have 20 states done as far as artwork. Going to get samples soon. Here is a Wyoming sneak peak. You want to be the sponsor?

wy.jpg

Just thought I might point out, there has already been a 2007 Wyoming coin done and is for sale right now. :(

wy.jpg

Just thought I might point out, there has already been a 2007 Wyoming coin done and is for sale right now. :(

The Wyoming version is not due out for a long time.... it is a part of a 50 coins series and it is a MICRO

I would highly recommend against minting both antique gold and antique bronze. They are too similar to each other. I would pick one of those, and if you want a third metal, go with Antique Silver.

--Marky