GW5 Geocoin Party Friday, 05/25 7-11

Fluttershy

Yes the entry coins will be raffled off. Raffle tickets will be drawn every hour. So if you are there when you ticket is called you will win a coin! :lol:

There is another coin "bucket" that is the Hostess Donation Coins...this is optional. Those coins will be split among the 5 hostesses of this party. For donating a coin to that you will get one of the party coins.

We are planning on this being a fun party with give aways.....coin raffles....door prizes....food....friends....music. Should be lots of fun!

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Y'all are going to miss Geocoin Poker on Friday. It's still in the planning stages, but I've been told there will be a tourney at a nearby location.

Yeah, stay tuned. I've been asked to run another game Friday night, since I heard a rumor the one in California was enjoyed by many.

Even though this could be fun I think I will have more fun with you guys playing poker. So point me to the tables. :laughing::laughing:

We'll (CinemaBoxers, dorkfish, Castle Man) be at the Ramada on Thursday night for the weekend. Gonna have to connect up with all of these events. Sounds like it could be an all nighter.

You're coming East young man? Awesome! I just got an email that another CA person will be attending GW5 as well. Too cool :laughing:

Edited by AtlantaGal

I'm totally gonna miss the action in here this weekend! Can't wait to see how things are turning out. Wish me lots of wi-fi spots!!

Hey POS we're in Montgomery AL already!

You are about an hour and a half from me...

too bad i'm leaving at 1pm tomorrow for MI...

I'm totally gonna miss the action in here this weekend! Can't wait to see how things are turning out. Wish me lots of wi-fi spots!!

Hey POS we're in Montgomery AL already!

You are about an hour and a half from me...

too bad i'm leaving at 1pm tomorrow for MI...

MI? What the heck? You'll be driving within 10 minutes of me . . . . :laughing: Bring your long pants and overcoats . . .

Won't be an all-nighter for some of us.. LOL We will have the little guy with so we will be vanishing come 9pm!

Yeah what's up with that? I thought Geocaching was family friendly. Us folks that are coming all that way and are wanting to come to the event and all are only allowed there till 9 and then we have to leave because we have kids? Doesn't seem very family friendly to me. I guess I will have to find a sitter if I want to socialize or have a chance at the drawings for coins later in the evening.

Maybe they are providing babysitting services. I know I wouldn't mind finding a teenage girl who would like to watch my 2 kids for a few hours so we can socialize in the bar area.

* Anyone with a kid willing to watch 2 good kids in our room email me :laughing: .

Glad to hear that the little lookings will be joining us! :)

Maybe they are providing babysitting services. I know I wouldn't mind finding a teenage girl who would like to watch my 2 kids for a few hours so we can socialize in the bar area.

* Anyone with a kid willing to watch 2 good kids in our room email me :laughing: .

Glad to hear that the little lookings will be joining us! :)

That is still in the air. No sense in taking them if we can't even go to basic events with them. Kind of defeats the purpose of going.

Well after trying to rearrange my schedule it looks as if I'm just not going to be able to make it :laughing: I have another engagement on the other side of town (well actually the other side of the planet :lol: ) I know you guys will have a heap of fun, hopefully one day I will actually be able to get over there and put faces to the names.

Mark (Elmo) :lol:

* Anyone with a kid willing to watch 2 good kids in our room email me :lol: .

2 questions: How old are your kids and do you want them to learn Karate?! (I'm kidding, sort of) my husband will have Bella after the no kids hour (her bedtime anyway) he may be willing to watch a couple extras. He teaches Karate so has kids on hand all the time. I can always ask him nicely what he thinks about entertaining some little ones. (Maybe post a seeking coin list as a small payment? he likes different coins than me).

* Anyone with a kid willing to watch 2 good kids in our room email me :lol: .

2 questions: How old are your kids and do you want them to learn Karate?! (I'm kidding, sort of) my husband will have Bella after the no kids hour (her bedtime anyway) he may be willing to watch a couple extras. He teaches Karate so has kids on hand all the time. I can always ask him nicely what he thinks about entertaining some little ones. (Maybe post a seeking coin list as a small payment? he likes different coins than me).

We will have three of ours there. Ages 9B, 14B, 18G

we might be able to hook up a few to form a kids group. With kid friendly sitter. Will talk to my older two to see if interested.

I just spoke to my hubby. He's willing to help out with the kids karate lessons with your hubby. He and my daughters (7 year old & 10 year old) started taking Isshinjryu a year ago. Send me an email and we can coordinate.

OK! I told my hubby what I did here, and he's already in party planning mode. He does parties at his Dojo. So he says yes he will do this, but he is going to need help, and he is working on some rules (pick up time, snacks etc.) and games. He says he will also set up a kids raffle, so if you have anything you would like to donate to this let me know. Pending the space we have he'll have some games, and maybe a karate lesson.

So, if you (or your husband or older teen) are interested in helping please send me an email titled "Helping with kids".

I am going to call and see what the cost of a smaller conference room might be, if it's not too much you may have to help pay the fee of having it.-Called it would be a LOT so.... Otherwise if we can set up 2 conjoining rooms that might work as well.

I'll post more when I know more.

Edited by UOTrackers

This may work well. Kids go one way, hubby plays with coins,

I go play poker. Sounds like a fair attack plan. Our daughter going with us loves kids and will most likely help. She was not at her house tonight. Will have to get a hold of her this weekend. We could help with cost also, depending on how much it would run. Sounds like a great time for them and I think we may find others to share with.

I decided to go ahead and book two rooms, to make one larger room - which will allow a bigger crowd.

Because of this, the room allotment is now 60 people.

So, kids are now allowed during the whole party.

We'll have game events for kids from 7pm-9pm, thanks to ParentsofSAM and the girls!

We'll also have balloons, and possibly some face painting, too.

Lots of Snacks & Beverages, and some veggie platters!

Looking forward to meeting a lot of people!

~Fluttershy :D

If anyone is still wanting a babysitting/kids party service for Friday night please email me by Tuesday at the latest. We need an idea as to how many kids so we know how to set this up, conjoining rooms or a suite. I guess call this a pre-registration. Nothing will be final until you actually register, as we may need more adults/teenagers to help. So for now I'm just gathering info to get an idea what to expect. Thanks.

I decided to go ahead and book two rooms, to make one larger room - which will allow a bigger crowd.

Because of this, the room allotment is now 60 people.

So, kids are now allowed during the whole party.

We'll have game events for kids from 7pm-9pm, thanks to ParentsofSAM and the girls!

We'll also have balloons, and possibly some face painting, too.

Lots of Snacks & Beverages, and some veggie platters!

Looking forward to meeting a lot of people!

~Fluttershy :huh:

I am very happy to see that the kids can attend the whole event. Chances are Heather and dad will get restless, and return to the room, but Brenda would probably want to stay as long as I do. I am sure that she (Brenda) would be happy to help our with the kids' activities...she always goes to work with me on her days off, and is rather good at entertaining my students.

I am very happy to see that the kids can attend the whole event. Chances are Heather and dad will get restless, and return to the room, but Brenda would probably want to stay as long as I do. I am sure that she (Brenda) would be happy to help our with the kids' activities...she always goes to work with me on her days off, and is rather good at entertaining my students.

Thanks, LeNore! We'd love to have Brenda's help witht he kids' activities! :laughing:

Thanks, LeNore! We'd love to have Brenda's help witht he kids' activities! :laughing:

I just hope she does the monkey dance! Maybe after I feed Heather some sugar, Err I mean candy, I can get her to do it as well.

I just hope she does the monkey dance! Maybe after I feed Heather some sugar, Err I mean candy, I can get her to do it as well.

I (unfortunately) am sure that she will. Heather doesn't do monkey...she just runs around like a nut when fed too much icing.

If anyone is still wanting a babysitting/kids party service for Friday night please email me by Tuesday at the latest. We need an idea as to how many kids so we know how to set this up, conjoining rooms or a suite. I guess call this a pre-registration. Nothing will be final until you actually register, as we may need more adults/teenagers to help. So for now I'm just gathering info to get an idea what to expect. Thanks.

Not sure if oldest boy is coming, so it looks like we will have one 9 yr boy and daughter but she's 18 but good with little kids.

Is this option still on since Fluttershy posted that 2 conference rooms are now booked and kids are permitted for the entire geocoin party? I was under the impression that this was no longer needed but that volunteers were still needed for the kids activities at the party.

Mr. Anthus is still willing to help out with Karate. My 10 year old daughter likes to help out with kid activities -- she helps out with her sister's Girl Scout Brownie troop all the time.

Thanks.....Anthus

I think both things can be done for the kids......

Some kids will tire of the party and want to go somewhere and do something else like Karate and some kids will want to stay at the party.

I know my kids will want to different things. Like Brenda, Samantha my oldest will want to stay at the party the whole time, Ashley my middle will want to do Karate and Maddie my baby will probably be ready for bed by 9:30...lol

I am certainly looking forward to the party! The kids activities will be super fun! The adults are going to have fun! FUN FUN FUN! :D

I am sure that she (Brenda) would be happy to help our with the kids' activities...she always goes to work with me on her days off, and is rather good at entertaining my students.

My 10 year old daughter likes to help out with kid activities -- she helps out with her sister's Girl Scout Brownie troop all the time.

Thanks.....Anthus

Stellar Jr. will be with me. She's 12 and is willing to help out keeping the younger kids occupied.

Cool.....I love when kids can help! I often times get my older GS troop to come and help to lead crafts or other activities for my younger GS troop.

Samantha is 10 and she is already excited to help out.....she will be even more excited to hear about all these other helper girls!

Thanks!! :D:D:D

We horsegeeks will be across the street prepping and cooking for the magnificent feast the next day but as I said we will drop in (smelling like charcoal and meat) to say hello. May I make a suggestion that can be taken or thrown out the door. We are shamelessly taking contributions for the silent auction and raffle for GW5 on another thread and would humbly love to have a pot at the coin get together that folks can donate geocoins for the raffle and auction the next day. We are doing quite well thanks to the generosity of folks so far but more is certainly better at auctions and raffles. Thanks

DiB and I are camping at the fairgrounds (via the bunkhouse), but I'm wondering about parking at the Ramada. Will I be able to drive there, and park my car in their lot?

They have a large lot and normally have their guests and events at the same time so there should be plenty of parking.

Some kids will tire of the party and want to go somewhere and do something else like Karate and some kids will want to stay at the party.

I know my kids will want to different things. Like Brenda, Samantha my oldest will want to stay at the party the whole time, Ashley my middle will want to do Karate and Maddie my baby will probably be ready for bed by 9:30...lol

I am certainly looking forward to the party! The kids activities will be super fun! The adults are going to have fun! FUN FUN FUN! ;)

Ok i have a question. Is this a kids event or is still for just adults. There is also an listed Meet and Greet the same evening. :laughing:

I am certainly looking forward to the party! The kids activities will be super fun! The adults are going to have fun! FUN FUN FUN! ;)

Ok i have a question. Is this a kids event or is still for just adults. There is also an listed Meet and Greet the same evening. :laughing:

It is for adults and kids. A family event. This is an informal get together at the hotel and the listed event is an official GW5 event, with the poker game and all.

People can come and go to our party and hang out generally have fun. So if you do not want to hang out at the fairgrounds on Friday night or play poker you can come over to the Ramada.

My husband is going to play in the poker tourney event and attend the Ramada party.

I'd say this is primarily an ADULT event that is also kid friendly. There will be things available to entertain the kids so that the Adults can enjoy themselves without (hopefully) nagging kids asking if they can go yet. It's also a more breezy event, you can come by and stay for a little while then leave or come and stay for the entire time. The only thing time sensitive will be the drawings (which I am not in charge of so I don't know exactly how they will work). It's sort of a meet and greet for us coin Geocoinickers! Hope to see you there, I can't wait to meet everyone!