GW5 Geocoin Party Friday, 05/25 7-11

Fluttershy

I see there are raffle tickets being sold. Where is the money going to since it above and beyond the entry fees that were originally planned?

Also where is this seller's fee going to?

I thought this was suppose to be a lighthearted get together so people coupld socialize. Why does it all of a sudden with days before the event, take on this commercial look and feel? What ever happened to just having fun for once and forgetting making a buck?

Large conference rooms and food don't just get handed to a person with a note saying, it's Free take it!

Try and keep in mind that this party is being planned and thrown by individuals, not vendors, not the hotel not an association. 90% or more of the costs incurred for this are being picked up by Allie, so it's pretty fair for her to try and recoup something.

She's not going to be "making a buck"!

Why is everyone so defensive? The post says the entry fee is being used to pay for the costs of the party. Is it so unfair to ask where the rest of the money is going?

I know before it was said to be a fundraiser for someone, which is what got the thread locked. Now that has been removed. I don't remember her using the words "recoup" when she was talking about "proceeds" back then

I wasn't being defensive so much as answering your question. Sorry if it came off that way, I'm a Yankee, what can I say?!

I live in NY and can't stand the Yankees! :laughing: Anyways, so I need a clarification, I is confused and have a couple of questions, (1) we need to pay $5.00 AND donate a coin to the raffle or is it one or the other? (2) Are the event coins being given away or sold? (3) We need to buy a $20 permit to sell coins in the room?

:anicute: See you all in 86 hours! :wub: (no more plane delays!)

I live in NY and can't stand the Yankees! :laughing: Anyways, so I need a clarification, I is confused and have a couple of questions, (1) we need to pay $5.00 AND donate a coin to the raffle or is it one or the other? (2) Are the event coins being given away or sold? (3) We need to buy a $20 permit to sell coins in the room?

Hi Mark,

1. Entrance fee is $5.00 and 1 Geocoin.

All "Entrance Geocoins" will be Raffled off. Geocoins include Micros.

2. The Event coins are for Trade only. We're not selling them. Some will be traded up front, and some will be traded by each Hostess individually as they desire. (crazycavelover, ParentsofSAM, ~tasia~ and myself.)

3. NOTE: If You are Selling Coins

$20.00 Seller's Fee

1 Table will be set up For Random Coin Sales.

Share the Table and Sell.

** Selling will only be permitted at the Selling Table

**The Main Focus for our Party is Meeting & Trading, Not Selling.

Trading is Free through out the whole evening.

As per the Coin Raffles:

Coins will be Raffled off 3 @ at time. The 3 Coins will be pulled at Random,

and in public view.

Coin Raffle times are @ 8pm, 9pm, 10pm & 11pm.

ALL Entry Coins will be raffled off.

If we receive LE's, they will be raffled off at 11pm.

You DO NOT need to be present to Win,

however you MUST PROVIDE A CELL NUMBER to be contacted.

and you MUST pick up the Coins no later than Saturday @ 3pm.

The Hosts May join in the Fun on the Coin Raffles, and Win.

Raffle Tickets will be pulled by Volunteers.

Another quick question...is it $5 and a coin/person or caching name?

BTW - I whipped up a batch of "Dragon Dough" for the kids to play with!

Looks like I'm gonna have to make time to get to this little gathering...TSD will have my coins, I gotta track him down! :D

see y'all their

Pepper

I'm certainly not being defensive, I'm not even involved in it, but you asked a question, so I thought I'd answer, and at $5/head entry, I hardly think there will much, if any, money leftover - even with the raffle.

I do wish everyone a grand time. Keep your coins shiny! :D

I was thinking the same thing. Is this per person or per team? I cannot remember if that was ever discussed. If it is per individual, what is the rate for children? Are children under a certain age free?

I don't mean to complicate things. I just want to make sure I come prepared.

Thanks....Stacy

I was thinking the same thing. Is this per person or per team? I cannot remember if that was ever discussed. If it is per individual, what is the rate for children? Are children under a certain age free?

I don't mean to complicate things. I just want to make sure I come prepared.

Thanks....Stacy

I don't remember it being discussed either, that's why I asked. :D A while ago, there were not going to be children at the event; I don't think that child admission was mentioned before your post, Anthus.

It's $5.00 + 1 Geocoin per Person.

Kids are Free.

The Entry Fee includes 1 Free Raffle Ticket.

All Entry Geocoins will be Raffled off at 8 pm, 9 pm, 10 pm and if there are LE's,

They will be Raffled off 10:45-11:00 pm.

Snacks & Beverages will be provided directly through our Hotel Package.

(Soda, Sweet Tea, Veggie Platters, Cheese Platter, Cookies, Muffins, Pretzels)

Two adjoining rooms were rented to create one larger accommodation for our Party.

I look forward to seeing you there! :D

Edited by Fluttershy

Ouch - Id love to go, but for the time we will likely be there I dont know if $10 and two coins is worth the time we will be able to spend at the event.

(Between poker and night caching!)

Bummer!! We may come near the event to say Hello, but unless we planned on staying awhile, I dont know if we will officially attend!

Ouch - Id love to go, but for the time we will likely be there I dont know if $10 and two coins is worth the time we will be able to spend at the event.

Bummer!! We may come near the event to say Hello, but unless we planned on staying awhile, I dont know if we will officially attend!

I understand, Paula. I hope you do decide to attend! I know there's a lot going on Friday night as well! :D

I know that we all have some caching goals to meet - so we planned on some running around - and - now our little guy is staying home with Grandma - so we will be caching like crazy!

We'd love to see everyone, but Im not sure how much time we could spend.

LOL You should have hourly admission like parking lots! LOL (Under an hour, two hours, etc.. LMAO)

$5.00 + 1 Geocoin sounds like a lot... I understand.

Two small adjoining rooms were booked to support a larger accommodation.

The Hotel package includes Snacks, & Beverages, tax & gratuity.

We also purchased some decorations and swag for our Party.

The Entry Geocoins will be raffled off to the Party Goers. Just thought it might be fun.

geez, I'm sounding like a Broken Geocoin Record!

Can I say "Snacks & Beverages" one more time? um... I guess I can!

Anyway, hope to see you there! If not, I certainly understand!

I just wanted to Create a very nice get together, AND meet so many of you.

Thanks to my Hostess'! I really think I'll enjoy myself, and I hope you do as well! :D

No, its not alot - unless you are just popping in to say Hello! LOL

My post wasnt saying it was excessive... I was just saying that some of those who only have a little time to visit aren't likely to attend with the fees per person. If it was per caching name - we might pop in, but I guess it depends on how much time we will have to visit.

Agreed that rooms, etc have to be paid for, but its a bummer that theres no way to visit for a short time without the fee, particularly per person.

Completely understood though!!!!!

Kind of the predicament we're in also. Poker game probably won't end until 10-10:30 if one manages to stay in that long. Plus, last time the winner shared the chip coins with everyone who played, making it worth sticking around to watch the end.

There are several folks from the forums I'd love to say hello to, but the fees make it not worth it for the 20 minutes we'd have to stop by (again, I'm not complaining either cause I do understand about covering expenses. Just being realistic). Hopefully, everyone will be at the GW5 7:00 pm Saturday coin area for trading/selling, and we'll say hello then :D

ok, another question. how many raffle tickets do we get for the $5.00 entry or are those extra? I am in kinda a predicament too since I signed up for the poker and had planned on staying til it's done. Will the room still be open after or is it lights out at the stroke of 11 pm. :D

ok, another question. how many raffle tickets do we get for the $5.00 entry or are those extra? I am in kinda a predicament too since I signed up for the poker and had planned on staying til it's done. Will the room still be open after or is it lights out at the stroke of 11 pm. :D

All you good folks that want to go to the party, I am willing to share the the wealth, and will bring you one player coin to the party when I win :D:D

Stellar Jr and I will be there. We have to stop at the Friday Meet n' Greet to pick something up first, then we're heading straight to the Ramada. Once we check in to the hotel, we'll come down to the party. Can't wait - we've already got our suitcases packed and our trading coins picked out. Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday night!

You get 1 Free raffle ticket with Entry.

Our Party is from 7-11pm. Party will soon be over after that, I'm sure we'll have a little bit of time

to wrap things up.

Reposting information to clear confusion.

Party information:

Ramada Blue Ridge

1520 Blue Ridge Rd

Raleigh, NC 27607

Friday Night Party, May 25th

7pm-11pm Children and Adults welcome at all times.

Entry= $5.00 + 1 Geocoin (to be included in Raffles)

Entry fee includes:

1 Free Raffle Ticket

Snacks/Beverages

Trading is FREE

Opportunity to Sell Coins

Opportunity to Purchase more Raffle Tickets @ $2.00 a Ticket

or 3 for $5.00

The entrance fee will be used to pay for the costs of hosting the Party.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: If You are Selling Coins

$20.00 Seller's Fee

1 Table will be set up For Random Coin Sales.

Share the Table and Sell.

** Selling will only be permitted at the Selling Table

**The Main Focus for our Party is Meeting & Trading, Not Selling.

Trading is Free through out the whole evening.

As per the Coin Raffles:

Coins will be Raffled off 3 @ at time. The 3 Coins will be pulled at Random,

and in public view.

Coin Raffle times are @ 8pm, 9pm, 10pm & 11pm.

ALL Entry Coins will be raffled off.

If we receive LE's, they will be raffled off at 11pm.

The Hosts May join in the Fun on the Coin Raffles, and Win.

Raffle Tickets will be pulled by Volunteers.

I only need to pay 5.00. But I will gladly pay 10.00 if I had too. It is just a contribution to the fun and I have NO doubt that these gals are using the money to pay for the event.

Cover charges are more these days. The more that come to the party the more coins to raffle the higher the odds you win one!

This was planned with joyful hears and intended to be a fun time. Can you please not take that away from it?

I plan to have a great time!

It's $5.00 + 1 Geocoin per Person.

Kids are Free.

The Entry Fee includes 1 Free Raffle Ticket.

All Entry Geocoins will be Raffled off at 8 pm, 9 pm, 10 pm and if there are LE's,

They will be Raffled off 10:45-11:00 pm.

Snacks & Beverages will be provided directly through our Hotel Package.

(Soda, Sweet Tea, Veggie Platters, Cheese Platter, Cookies, Muffins, Pretzels)

Two adjoining rooms were rented to create one larger accommodation for our Party.

I look forward to seeing you there! :D

Thanks for the clarification. I will be attending with my 2 daughters. The hubby will be winning me some coins at the poker event. :D

I'm so excited to finally meet all of you!

...Anthus

Thanks for the clarification. I will be attending with my 2 daughters. The hubby will be winning me some coins at the poker event. :D

...Anthus

Ummm....I think you mean MY hubby will be winning me some coins from the poker tourney. :D

heehee :D

I am looking forward to the party and meeting everyone! :D

I know that any people that show up to the party will be in for a good time. There are lots of give-aways that have not been mentioned here and will just be a surprise at the party, so even if you only come for a little bit I hope you do come.

...Anthus

Ummm....I think you mean MY hubby will be winning me some coins from the poker tourney. :D

heehee :D

I am looking forward to the party and meeting everyone! :D

I know that any people that show up to the party will be in for a good time. There are lots of give-aways that have not been mentioned here and will just be a surprise at the party, so even if you only come for a little bit I hope you do come.

I am sorry...you guys must be mistaken...it is MY hubby that will be winning ME some coins at the poker touney. How many of us chicks signed up their husbands to play poker? LOL!

Thanks for the clarification. I will be attending with my 2 daughters. The hubby will be winning me some coins at the poker event. :P

...Anthus

Ummm....I think you mean MY hubby will be winning me some coins from the poker tourney. :)

heehee B)

I am looking forward to the party and meeting everyone! B)

I am sorry...you guys must be mistaken...it is MY hubby that will be winning ME some coins at the poker touney. How many of us chicks signed up their husbands to play poker? LOL!

Ha, I signed my wife up to play along with me. What is the matter with you people. Oh and we will gladly share the wealth when one of us wins. ;)

We also will stop by the party after the poker is done (gotta drop off the winnings), and we will see what happens then.

Thanks for the clarification. I will be attending with my 2 daughters. The hubby will be winning me some coins at the poker event. :)

...Anthus

Ummm....I think you mean MY hubby will be winning me some coins from the poker tourney. B)

heehee ;)

I am looking forward to the party and meeting everyone! B)

Ha, I signed my wife up to play along with me. What is the matter with you people. Oh and we will gladly share the wealth when one of us wins. :P

We also will stop by the party after the poker is done (gotta drop off the winnings), and we will see what happens then.

Looks to me like a whole lotta confused people here. ;)

Looks to me like a whole lotta confused people here. :P

How true!

Look, everyone, it's simple: If you drop out of poker early and goto Fluttershy's party then you have a better chance of winning something! It sounds like most of your spouses will be over there already.

How about we all agree that if I can win the tournament by 8pm, then we can *all* head over to the Ramada and a round of drinks will be on me. ;)

a round of drinks will be on me. :)

I will graciously bow out for that! B)

Sorry for the Hijack, but ya'll are making me laugh ;)

Well I signed up dhenninger for the poker and I am not even sure he knows about it. I guess I will have to tell him sooner rather than later... :P

Oh, no negativity here - I just know that we will likely pop in at about 10:30 possibly a little after that.... so was wondering if latecomers will get a break since we will have missed most, if not all of the raffles.

And, if the raffles are over - are the coin donations still needed?

Same here...we're not hitting the road until 2:30 pm, soooo best case scenario, we're looking at 10:30. I really wanted to get my ***** buuuut I might have to wait until Saturday morning.

Oh, no negativity here - I just know that we will likely pop in at about 10:30 possibly a little after that.... so was wondering if latecomers will get a break since we will have missed most, if not all of the raffles.

Same here...we're not hitting the road until 2:30 pm, soooo best case scenario, we're looking at 10:30. I really wanted to get my ***** buuuut I might have to wait until Saturday morning.

You can get your ****** as long as you call me before 11:30. ;)

You can get your ****** as long as you call me before 11:30. ;)

Hmmmmm, 11:30 I should be able to do! :P

Looks like I'm gonna have to make time to get to this little gathering...TSD will have my coins, I gotta track him down! ;)

see y'all their

Pepper

Yay! :P

Thanks for the clarification. I will be attending with my 2 daughters. The hubby will be winning me some coins at the poker event. ;)

...Anthus

Ummm....I think you mean MY hubby will be winning me some coins from the poker tourney. :)

heehee B)

I am looking forward to the party and meeting everyone! ;)

No. I stated it correctly the first time. MY hubby will be winning the coins for me. B)

Glad to see we all have our priorities right and our spouses trained -- they go work for coins to give us while we sit back and enjoy the party :P

<snip>

No. I stated it correctly the first time. MY hubby will be winning the coins for me. ;)

Glad to see we all have our priorities right and our spouses trained -- they go work for coins to give us while we sit back and enjoy the party ;)

lol.....ain't that the truth! Hubby go win me some coins, while I socialize at this here party! lol

BTW - I am pretty sure I had it correct with MY HUBBY bringing home the bling....lol

....but don't worry fellow chicks I am sure we will share with you and your hubbies....lol

B):):PB):P

So where do I send my $5.00 and a coin to be entered into the drawings ;):P ? I can have my winnings picked up by 15:00 on Saturday, No Problem!!!

So where do I send my $5.00 and a coin to be entered into the drawings ;);) ? I can have my winnings picked up by 15:00 on Saturday, No Problem!!!

We will just use your MEGA coin as your entry...... :P:)B)

lol :PB)

So where do I send my $5.00 and a coin to be entered into the drawings :P:P ? I can have my winnings picked up by 15:00 on Saturday, No Problem!!!

We will just use your MEGA coin as your entry...... ;):)B)

lol B):)

DOH ;) !!!!! Alright never mind, I see you don't want me to participate!!! I will just take my Mega Coin and play else where.

<snip>

No. I stated it correctly the first time. MY hubby will be winning the coins for me. B)

Glad to see we all have our priorities right and our spouses trained -- they go work for coins to give us while we sit back and enjoy the party :P

lol.....ain't that the truth! Hubby go win me some coins, while I socialize at this here party! lol

BTW - I am pretty sure I had it correct with MY HUBBY bringing home the bling....lol

....but don't worry fellow chicks I am sure we will share with you and your hubbies....lol

B):);):P;)

MY hubby assured me he would lose quickly like last time so he could party with his friends.

--Joani