NEW - Generic Mini Geocoin - Trackable w/Icon - Shipping Now - Fits Inside Micros

KappaAlpha Team

We minted our own coin!!

It's only 0.75" in diameter and fits inside micros (film containers and even matchstick holders). This makes things a bit more fun for a micro in a spruce! :blink:

Our coins are fully trackable on geocaching.com and they have their own icon! :blink:

Free shipping to USA and Canada!

You can place an order for one on:

http://www.GenericMiniGeocoin.com/

These coins are in stock and we ship within 1 business day.

:huh:

Cute little coins, and I'm the first to say keep those micro caches more interesting but just my opinion the pricing is way high for the given size of the coin even a 10 pack is $70 dollars , And singles at close to $10, I will have to pass on these due to cost, Good luck with your sales though, Glenn

I am guessing you have never minted your own coins yourself. There is a fixed $1.50 charge per coin just to have a tracking number. We also include free shipping in the price. So if you take this into account, you are already over $2 right there and we haven't talked about the cost to get the artwork, actual coin production, shipping of the coins, plastic sleeves, and the cost to have its own custom icon! We only did a run of 250 coins for this as a test to see how it would do. If you buy 25+ coins, we bring it right next to our cost.

It would be nice to sell the coins near cost, but then what is the point? A person has to have a little motivation. That is why it is easier to sell multiple coins at once then just singles.

It would be more affordable except there are some costs that cannot be avoided during production.

This was a very large learning experience for us for everything that comes into play and we have a much bigger appreciation for what goes into making coins.

Food for thought. It is easy to criticize someone on their prices but you should really stop and think about what all goes into it. Keeping the price for a single coin with free shipping under $10 is excellent in my opinion. Especially having it trackable and a custom icon!

Sorry man but I sell my 2 inch coins for the same price of your 3/4 inch and unless you did something special they are way overpriced the standard for micro coins is more like a max of 6.00 per coin as they are so cheap to make. Either way its your coin and you have every right to charge what you want, but I will have to agree with Glenn these are to steep for me. Good luck on your sales.

Edited by Team Jsam

Sorry man but I sell my 2 inch coins for the same price of your 3/4 inch and unless you did something special they are way overpriced the standard for micro coins is more like a max of 6.00 per coin as they are so cheap to make. Either way its your coin and you have every right to charge what you want, but I will have to agree with Glenn these are to steep for me. Good luck on your sales.

I would love to know where you got them minted. And can you confirm if you got charged the $1.50 per coin for tracking? I am extremely interested for our next batch to know where to get them made. Please send me the information.

Thank you.

I would love to know where you got them minted. And can you confirm if you got charged the $1.50 per coin for tracking? I am extremely interested for our next batch to know where to get them made. Please send me the information.

Thank you.

Sure I would be more than happy to help. Sending you a PM now.

We have done 8 coins now, all full size and can say that these are priced for a nice profit, and yes, we have paid the 1.50 tracking and icon fee. It's fine if you want to make a profit, it's the way of coins now, but please don't hide behind "all the costs" as there are too many of us who know exactly how much it costs to make a coin.

We have done 8 coins now, all full size and can say that these are priced for a nice profit, and yes, we have paid the 1.50 tracking and icon fee. It's fine if you want to make a profit, it's the way of coins now, but please don't hide behind "all the costs" as there are too many of us who know exactly how much it costs to make a coin.

I am not hiding behind anything. I seriously think I got hosed on the total costs of the production based on all the feedback so far. Our end cost per coin, if you ignore all our time and the website, is $5.50 per coin. And I would like to think that your time has to be worth a bit to coordinate it all, and then package them, and ship them. This is certainly not a profit making venture. And I am not trying to hide behind anything. We did this as a learning experience. It is really too bad this is turning out to be a sour discussion, that was not our intention. We were really excited about having minted our first coin and now understand we really need to research the costs a lot more for the next run if we decide to do it. This is quite dissapointing to get such negative feedback and accusations. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion and with the forums, those opinions get to be made public to the world.

They are opinions, that is it, and the market has been showing that you will sell your coins, so don't worry about it. If you're making money off something and posting it here you are going to get feedback, thick skin is needed. And while you are not getting rich, even at 5.50 a coin your cost, that is $1125 profit on 250 coins, that's not too bad for the work that goes into them.

Well, most people have already said what I wanted to say. It's too much for me no matter what you paid for them.

However, I'd be interested in trading any of my personal, non-trackable, full-sized coins if you're interested, see my gc.com profile.

Edited by nicolo

They are cute. I came across the website a few days ago...but did not order any due to high cost.

If you paid $5.50 per coin that seems high. We have made a trackable coin with icon and know the cost involved. Next time shop around. You mentioned getting plastic sleeves in your post....with all the major minters of geocoins they are included. I hope you did not have to pay extra for those.

Good Luck with your coin sales! Hope to find one in the wild in the future!

Yep, what they said. It's a shame because we really like these coins, I'm sure there would be some shipping costs to get them to New Zealand as well which does make them just too expensive for us, sorry :blink: .

We have been keeping our eye on another micro which came up in the forums a couple of months ago (no names mentioned :blink: ) but their cost was expected to be $4.50 - $5.00max / coin (US$)

All the best

Edited by Team chelmo

5 coins ordered!

Looks like too many people are worried about how much the op is making than how much time was taken to get them designed and made PLUS the cost of the website and logo. Oh, and to make a smaller coin is actually more work than a regular size. Nothing new as I did t-shirts, patches and other items for work and that all people worried about...how much I was making!

Rarely so I see a coin that his hugely overpriced and it may very well be that you are paying more than you should. Just as a point of reference I recently quoted a shaped mini that is 1 inch so more expense for size and for die and the price to the customer was under $3.50 per coin. Yours should have been significantly less. That price included numbering and icon.

Just for what it is worth.

Maybe the price is based on the low number minted? I went through the motions of ordering to see what the shipping costs would be internationally... $US20 to the US... (although you mention free shipping to anywhere in the US or Canada...), but no international cost. Given the huge cost to the US, I'm actually scared to know what international would be.

I'd would be really interested in getting 25, but the cost is going to be way far too prohibitive - in the order of hundreds of dollars - and thats BEFORE exchange rate conversions!!!

But, I wish you good luck with them. And if the price did come down considerably, then I'd probably reconsider.

Craig

We only did a run of 250 coins for this as a test to see how it would do.

I would say thats your problem, as there is a big demand for all geocoins and as the quantity goes up the price dramatically falls. so had you minted 1000 you'd likely have no problem selling them.

There nice coins and I would get one but Ive yet to buy geocoins non-locally.

This just shows that part of what goes into preparing to mint a coin, and experiment with it, is to read these forums and see how people feel first. They are not attacking you. This feedback happens over and over again. It should be a learning experience. You'll probaby sell all of your coins anyway. I've seen many coins constructively criticized in here that still sold out. Perhaps you should compare the price of your micro-geocoin, with the other micro-geocoins.

We only did a run of 250 coins for this as a test to see how it would do.

I would say thats your problem, as there is a big demand for all geocoins and as the quantity goes up the price dramatically falls. so had you minted 1000 you'd likely have no problem selling them.

There nice coins and I would get one but Ive yet to buy geocoins non-locally.

I disagree. While the price break on the coins from the minter would be significant at 1,000, there are very few coins that support that type of demand anymore. He'd likely end up sitting on 700 of them or so - unless they were down in the $4.00 range - and that's a risk to take on.

The bottom line is the overall cost. Let's be clear - nobody has a problem with folks making a little bit on coins sales. Everybody who has sold coins in here has made a little something.

It's when you mark up a 1.5 inch coin to $12.95, or a micro coin to $9.95 that people feel gouged. You mentioned that you paid $5.50/coin. You could come down $3.00 on your price and still make a bit of money on them.

But, I'm sure you're sell a few - maybe even enough to cover your costs.

I might have explained myself better. As most every body above has said for a micro the price is way high. But assuming the price for 1000 coins is 2.75, and If the savings are transferred to price then 8.95-2.75= $6.2 which is a decent price for a micro (Not Another Micro! is $6.77 without shipping)

As for being left with unsold ones, they could always be put on sale. However the Canada Micro (+Christmas) are more then half sold with 1500 minted (at $6.95CNDx5)

As for being left with unsold ones, they could always be put on sale. However the Canada Micro (+Christmas) are more then half sold with 1500 minted (at $6.95CNDx5)

Thanks QJ...they are selling fast. The price is actually $5.80 each in a 5pack or $4.90 each in a 10pack in Canadian funds. In US funds that's about $5.00US and $4.22US respectively. Shipping is reasonable but additional.

Edited by Landsharkz

I am not hiding behind anything. I seriously think I got hosed on the total costs of the production based on all the feedback so far. Our end cost per coin, if you ignore all our time and the website, is $5.50 per coin. ... This is certainly not a profit making venture. And I am not trying to hide behind anything.

Not a profit making venture? Ummm... you bought a domain name for the coin. That tells us all we need to know. I certainly don't fault you for making some money, but at least be truthful about your intent.

I might have explained myself better. As most every body above has said for a micro the price is way high. But assuming the price for 1000 coins is 2.75, and If the savings are transferred to price then 8.95-2.75= $6.2 which is a decent price for a micro

I doubt it is possible to price a coin (even a micro) at 2.75. the tracking code alone is 1.50

I'm not one that concerns myself with people making a profit of the coins they produce. More power to them if they make a little money, or a lot of money. I do concern myself with getting my money's worth. This is a generic coin. It isn't a little piece of art, like some of the higher priced coins are. It is called a generic coin, and it is generic. Nothing fancy. I already have a generic coin. I got it from Geoswag for under $5. It is also trackable with an icon.

These are way too costly, and not as nice looking as the canadian micros I bought (for about half the cost) after reading through this thread...

Geocoins need to be either a labor of love (of geocaching and geocoins) or a thing of beauty...the best are both, these are neither...

Jamie - NFA