Generic Found Logs

nutlady

Maybe its just me? But I have seen to often a generic found post that a cacher logs onto each cache he finds in a day. Say, like Thnx for the cache . Which is ok, if its a 35 mm film container in a lamp post. But what if a person spent hours on a very creative cache only to get the same log? Its pretty depressing.

I know, I know, you cant make anyone write anything. I just try to be nice in my logs.....and ifs a great container, Im going to write more then TFTC.

Maybe its just me? But I have seen to often a generic found post that a cacher logs onto each cache he finds in a day. Say, like Thnx for the cache . Which is ok, if its a 35 mm film container in a lamp post. But what if a person spent hours on a very creative cache only to get the same log? Its pretty depressing.

I know, I know, you cant make anyone write anything. I just try to be nice in my logs.....and ifs a great container, Im going to write more then TFTC.

I agree. I love it when the cache machines come through town. They usually throw something generic in there and repeat it 20 times.. Like, "Portland cache machine. On our way to the original stash. TFTC". But what can ya do? You could specify on your cache, "Logs must be at least 100 words" (and rhyme) :huh:

Well, we're not very verbose with our logs, but we don't copy and paste.

It's hard to set any kind of format or standard to what folks should write. They should be able to write what they want to write. I think part of the issue is the reason they are out there. Is the focus on finding and enjoying your cache or just being out caching?

I like to write, so I generally write pretty long and detailed logs. Sometimes that is virtually impossible, but even then, I'd never cut & paste. It's a real let-down for me as a cache hider when someone visits 5 of our caches in one day and says "Found it. TFTC." That's basically what I expect for our Wally's cache, but not when you have a 4 part puzzle cache with a little surprise at the end, or a tricky cache on a neat bridge over a picturesque little stream. Oh well, to each his own! What really boggles my mind is the number of people who sign the log books and never log online at all. For me, logging and reading other people's logs, is a big part of the fun!

As far as the physical log: I'll generally write more than just TFTC, but sometimes, depending on log space, bugs, and time, that's all I've been able to get in...

I usually try to elaborate in the online logs, though I'm not a big writer... I'll put in the details that could be of interest, and leave it at that!

The only time I'll copy and paste a log is for mass coin logging (after an event, or meeting someone on the trail that owns a bunch)- generally something simple, like "Thanks for letting me see this coin, Happy caching! Jeff" If there was something in particular that I liked about the coin, I'll throw that in too!

Happy Caching!

Jeff

yup, I had a guy come through and find like 5 of my caches last week. Guy is still a relative newbie 65 finds or something like that and EVERY single log was simply: tftc

that's it, didn't even bother with TNLN or SL, just TFTC. That was a real letdown after seeing the 5 found it notifications since a lot of my caches don't get hit too often.

I never copy and paste, I try to write a little bit about even the most mundane of hides. It's insulting for me when someone finds one of the caches that I've spent a large amount of time on and all I get is a simple one line cut and paste log.

Well, I'm glad geocaching does not require a literary essay for each cache I find. I tend to have a generic entry, and cut and paste it, especially on a big day (i.e., 40 + caches). Part of the problem is that there are alot of generic caches out there. They have nothing in particular to talk about. "Thanks, I found another one" is an appropriate log entry.

The cache that gets a long entry is one I had to work at - either a puzzle, or a fascinating multi, or perhaps even an ingenious single stage hide.

I see a lot of generic logs on my caches. Although they are a little irritating, some days, I accept them for what they are. I know somewhere along the way I'll be seeing a longer entry that says 'thank you' is a much more expressive manner. That's one of the reason I hide caches.

To each their own .............cache the way you want to.

As a cache owner I really enjoy the detailed logs. There are some people in my area who are great log writers and when I see they found one of my caches I eagerly open the e-mail.

Some people however aren't comfortable with writing a lot, so their logs are brief. It is a bit disappointing when you place a cache that you know is an adventure and get only "Found it, TFTC", but hey, at least they are logging something. I'd rather see that than no log at all.

But as others here mentioned, some caches just don't spur finders to write lengthy logs. How much is there really to write about another shopping mall lamp post hide. If your cache is generating nothing but "Found it, TFTC" logs, then perhaps you should rethink that cache.

Edited by briansnat

I always try to write something that was signif to that cache that happened while finding, whether it was a little lizard that watched us, or the friendly dog that came say hello, or getting lost on the way back out, or gee we thought that was the wrong light pole. Something that tells the owner that his/her efforts for hiding that cache were appreciated and we had fun finding it. In return I wish people would do the same to ours. It makes so more much fun to read how cachers days went and whether it rained cats and dogs or they sweltered while seeking, or what they thought of the hide spot, who found, the kids or parents, or things that are wrong with it that need changing or fixing. We always open the logs that we have received with anticipation and when there is nothing there but tftc it's a major let down.

When I get a short 'cut and paste' log entry for one of my caches, it makes me a bit suspicious as to whether or not they did the cache. So I will make note of it, and on a cache maintenance trip, check the log for a signature. On more than a few occasions I have not found a signature. When I emailed the supposed finders of the caches and ask for a description of where the cache was, I got either no answers or vague answers that could not be pinned down to the caches....so I then emailed them and told them I was deleting their log entry. I got a few nasty emails in return, but none that actually could prove they found the cache, just emails that called me a few choice names and said how untrusting I was, among other things. Guilty as charged, I guess, but I still deleted their logs.

As a cache owner I really enjoy the detailed logs. There are some people in my area who are great log writers and when I see they found one of my caches I eagerly open the e-mail.

Some people however aren't comfortable with writing a lot, so their logs are brief. It is a bit disappointing when you place a cache that you know is an adventure and get only "Found it, TFTC", but hey, at least they are logging something. I'd rather see that than no log at all.

But as others here mentioned, some caches just don't spur finders to write lengthy logs. How much is there really to write about another shopping mall lamp post hide. If your cache is generating nothing but "Found it, TFTC" logs, then perhaps you should rethink that cache.

Once again, "Right on target, BrianSnat!"

I also agree with Wacka.

I love getting longer logs for my caches, and I try to write longer logs for the caches I find. I can do that when I cache by myself, but sometimes when I am caching with others, I'm having so much fun with the group, I forget the details of a few of the caches . . . and then I am guilty of writing short logs myself . . . :rolleyes:

Edited by Miragee

I like interesting logs, too. I like to read them on my caches, and I often write them on caches I log.

Sometimes new cachers just haven't found their logging style yet--or aren't sure how much they can say without giving away too much about the cache. I've seen many of them eventually start writing longer logs.

I admit that some groups tend toward short, redundant notes--and that sometimes disappoints me. But even then, I 've noticed that when they really like a cache, it stands out in their mind, and they usually write at least a short note to say so. Not all groups do that, however, and I have seen marvelous logs from groups on my caches.

When I am considering where to go caching, I tend to read the last few logs of a few of the caches in an area. Interesting cache names will draw my attention first (I am much more likely to look at a cache named "Flying Saucer Landing Zone" than one named "Our First Geocache" for example).

Caches that have 40 logs that say "Nice cache" and "TFTC" won't go as high on my priority list as one with only three logs that start out with lines such as "I knew it was going to be an interesting experience when..."

Sometimes I get fooled by good writers, but not usually.

I seldom write much in the logbook, especially if the cache is in an open location where stealth is the order of the day. The cache page on the other hand will almost always get a paragraph or two. The bigger impression the cache made on me the more I'm likely to write, though that can be bad if the impression it made was bad. I even remember one cache that I wrote a full page about how bad it was and it's failure as a cache, but reduced it to a couple of short paragraphs about potential improvements before I hit the send button.

When I log a cache online, I like to write about my experience in finding it. There are some "short and sweet" logs, but then there's the longer logs. Check out the log I left for a cache in NJ called "Wilderness Trail" . (sorry, havent figured out how to link to post yet) Some caches and the area don't move me much to say a whole lot, while some make me babble! LOL

I own caches as well, and I LOVE reading the logs, short or not. But the longer logs to tell more of the experience the person had in finding it. I've never had the opportunity to do 40+ caches in a day, so I guess logging that many would be time consuming to some folks.

As I have written in the past on forum threads on similar topics, I prefer to see long and personalized online log entries, at least if the cache hunt warranted it. And, for myself, I tend to file long online log entries, regardless of whether they are finds, DNFs, or log notes, into which I put a lof of heart, care and fun. Some of my log find entries have been so long that they spanned two entries, one a note and the other a find, and my logs for my hunt for Quantum Leap, covering a week or more of time, spanned probably eight log entries, culminating in a find entry. So, I prefer to read such longer online log entries for caches owned by others as well as mine, and I tend to leave long online log entries. My wife Sue, on the other hand, with whom I share our team account, well, for the most part, with few exceptions, she tends to file much shorter online log entries. While I far prefer long and personalized heartfelt log entries for my caches, I do realize that some people, well, writing long logs is just not their talent or gift, and thus I do not hate people who leave short online logs!

Cut-and-paste logs are rude. Period. If you can't be bothered to remember the cache, then don't hunt it. Remembering each cache individually is just basic courtesy. The log doesn't have to be a novel; it just has to indicate that you actually remember doing the cache. I try to include some detail about the hunt for that particular cache in every log entry, even if it's only a couple of sentences.

That said, generic-type logs have their uses. If I leave a "TFTC" log or something of that kind, it means that the cache really, really sucked.

Edited by fizzymagic

I am still fairly new at this but so far I have found it is rather difficult to write a whole lot when I am out in the field. Unless I can retreat to my pickup to do the writing I do good to just say TFTC, note if I swapped swag and sign my name. I leave the long posts for the computer where I have time to sit down and compose something. I like to leave interesting entries, usually some sort of story.

I believe in the merit system...if the cache is unique I'll post a unique response...If the cache is a Wally World lamppost....you'll get the generic response....After all how creative and verbose can you be about a Hide a Key container?

If it is not worth more than a cut-and-paste log, then why would you even hunt it in the first place?

Seriously. People seem to be willing to spend an entire day hunting down lame lamp-post caches they can't even remember afterwards. Sounds pretty awful to me. Is it just to increase the smiley count?

I'm pretty much with Briansnat. I'll leave a detailed log for a fun cache, but really, there's not much to write about a parking lot lamppost hide. How much detail can you really go into?

Well, you can tell the tale of your adventure to get there...or why you chose to do a cache like that one...or some funny conversation you had with the people you were with.

Just because you don't think a lot of the cache, doesn't mean you can't write an interesting log.

I have even told lurid tales about all the places I looked for the cache before finding it--only to suggest other ways that [what I think of as] a better cache could have been hidden in that same place. Who knows, it might inspire the cache owner to go back to that spot to try to improve the cache. At the very least it satisfied my urge to say "Hey, this one turned out to be fairly non-descript" in a way that doesn' t leave me feeling sorry for myself for spending my time hunting it.

....After all how creative and verbose can you be about a Hide a Key container?

6/21/06 :rolleyes: Found Log Lame Urban Micro #6,666 found by Vinny & Sue Team

Found this cache on a sweltering hot summer day. The choice of hide site itself was ingenious, as who else but HIDER AAA could have been sensitive enough and intuitive enough -- indeed, enough of a poet and artisan -- to have realized that every lamppost in this parking lot needed a microcache in its base in order to achieve its highest order of spiritual and inner fulfillment in its time on earth? And who else but HIDER AAA could have, and would have, been courageous enough to respond to the heartfelt cry of this lamppost for a microcache of its very own, and who else would have been strong enough and resourceful enough -- and creative enough -- to have found this magnificent hide-a-key container, lovingly crafted it into a cache container, and then lovingly and religiously placed it in such a daring and scintillating spot, a spot so magical, so special, that my eyes fill with tears as I write this log entry, just as they did in that sacred and holy parking lot earlier this afternoon, whence and where those beneficent tears mixed with the sweat on my face on that hot summer afternoon, and then those sacred tears of joy and love streamed off my face and bathed the tiny paper logbook as I prepared to return it to its magical magnetic receptacle, its special chalice, then to return it lovingly to its special designated altar, its resting spot where it can lie nestled in safety, guarded by the noble tall cylindrical sentinel known generically to the heathens and the uninitatied as a "lamp post" but known to any true red-blooded and sincere geocacher as a "Sentinel of microcache guardianship with attendant beacon of yellowish-white light from GE 5169Y sodium vapor lamp at apex".

And, after I had replaced the sacred vessel inside the sacred altar known as "Sentinel of microcache guardianship with attendant beacon of yellowish-white light from GE 5169Y sodium vapor lamp at apex", I fell to my knees, overcome with joy and awe, and I prayed to the Holy Lame Urban Magnetic Microcache, thanking it for its benificence, and thanking it for its blessing, and then, further overcome by its magnificence and by my comparative shallowness and banality and unworthiness, not to mention my sins, I cast my torso upon the hot scorching pavement, wailing and crying and screaming, and flailing my fists against the hot unyielding pavement, now covered with the blood of my righteous and wrathful self-directed fury, at the injustice that one so unworthy as I should have dared to have touched a sacred Lame Urban Micro Magnetic Receptacle, and with the thought that I had -- without the requisite 22 hours of prior cleansing and fasting -- also dared to approach its sacred altar, known as a "Sentinel of microcache guardianship with attendant beacon of yellowish-white light from GE 5169Y sodium vapor lamp at apex", in the first place. And, so finally, my homage to the sacred cache was complete, and satiated and bloody, yet filled with bliss and joy at this exposure to The Sacred and The Holy, I returned to my car. Signed logbook with tears and blood, took nothing, left five $100 bills as a small token of my offering to this cache and to the Lame Urban micro Magnetic Cache Gods. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful cache and religious icon, and for this chance to once again worship the Demigod of Lame Urban Magnetic Microcaches. Thank you.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Way to go, BigHank, for properly maintaining your e-logs.

The problem in my area is most finders are so kind in their e-logs (for lousy caches) that you can't really determine the lame from the decent/good. Critiquing a cache may lead to log deletion or pariah status. So a simple "Found It" is often the only honest answer available.

....After all how creative and verbose can you be about a Hide a Key container?

6/21/06 :rolleyes: Found Log Lame Urban Micro #6,666 found by Vinny & Sue Team

Found this cache on a sweltering hot summer day. The choice of hide site itself was ingenious, as who else but HIDER AAA could have been sensitive enough and intuitive enough -- indeed, enough of a poet and artisan -- to have realized that every lamppost in this parking lot needed a microcache in its base in order to achieve its highest order of spiritual and inner fulfillment in its time on earth? And who else but HIDER AAA could have, and would have, been courageous enough to respond to the heartfelt cry of this lamppost for a microcache of its very own, and who else would have been strong enough and resourceful enough -- and creative enough -- to have found this magnificent hide-a-key container, lovingly crafted it into a cache container, and then lovingly and religiously placed it in such a daring and scintillating spot, a spot so magical, so special, that my eyes fill with tears as I write this log entry, just as they did in that sacred and holy parking lot earlier this afternoon, whence and where those beneficient tears mixed with the sweat on my face on that hot summer afternoon, and then those sacred tears of joy and love streamed off my face and bathed the tiny paper logbook as I prepared to return it to its magical magnetic receptacle, its special chalice, then to return it lovingly to its special designated altar, its resting spot where it can lie nestled in safety, guarded by the noble tall cylindrical sentinel known generically to the heathens and the uninitatied as a "lamp post" but known to any true red-blooded and sincere geocacher as a "Sentinel of microcache guardianship with attendant beacon of yellowish-white light from GE 5169Y sodium vapor lamp at apex".

And, after I had replaced the sacred vessel inside the sacred altar known as "Sentinel of microcache guardianship with attendant beacon of yellowish-white light from GE 5169Y sodium vapor lamp at apex", I fell to my knees, overcome with joy and awe, and I prayed to the Holy Lame Urban Magnetic Microcache, thanking it for its benificence, and thanking it for its blessing, and then, further overcome by its magnificence and by my comparative shallowness and banality and unworthiness, not to mention my sins, I cast my torso upon the hot scorching pavement, wailing and crying and screaming, and flailing my fists against the hot unyielding pavement, now covered with the blood of my righteous and wrathful self-directed fury, at the injustice that one so unworthy as I should have dared to have touched a sacred Lame Urban Micro Magnetic Receptacle, and with the thought that I had -- without the requisite 22 hours of prior cleansing and fasting -- also dared to approach its sacred altar, known as a "Sentinel of microcache guardianship with attendant beacon of yellowish-white light from GE 5169Y sodium vapor lamp at apex", in the first place. And, so finally, my homage to the sacred cache was complete, and satiated and bloody, yet filled with bliss and joy at this exposure to The Sacred and The Holy, I returned to my car. Signed logbook with tears and blood, took nothing, left five $100 bills as a small token of my offering to this cache and to the Lame Urban micro Magnetic Cache Gods. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful cache and religious icon, and for this chance to once again worship the Demigod of Lame Urban Magnetic Microcaches. Thank you.

Now that's my kind of log entry: entertaining, humorous and yet tells me all I need to know to make the decision whether to hunt it or not. Great writing.

VINNEY AND SUE

Can I cut and paste your "Found Log Lame Urban Micro #6,666 found by Vinny & Sue Team" reply if I ever find a lampost hide? Heehee (Nope ,none around here.)

:rolleyes:

Well, first, let me point out that what I wrote was light-hearted. I am not one of those rabid "anti-lame-urban-micro" people, and rather, I am sure that there are cache hunters who appreciate being able to find even "lame urban micros." With very few exceptions, I do not bother to hunt such caches myself, but then again, I pick and choose the caches which I wish to hunt very carefully, and I actually exclude most caches from my hunt list (in contrast, my wife is much more unselective about the caches which she will hunt, and will sometimes find 30 caches in a day.)

Having said all that, yes, if you ever find a lame cache around your area, you are welcome to use a copy of my find log above, but using your own acount name, of course, and you might wish to remove the word "lame" from the text so you do not get anyone unnecessarily ticked off! <_<:huh:

Same here. There are a few people in our area that don't write logs, they literally write several paragraphs. Sometimes I just go through their profile and read the logs on caches they've found because they are fun to read.

The shortest log I've ever seen on one of my caches was just "Got It." What?? You've just completed a fairly long hike in a forest preserve and found a camo-ed, fairly well-hidden container that has good trade items (they probably won't last, but...), and a humorous encycolpedia article written by others cachers and that's all you have to say? Somewhat insulting to me as an owner...

Yes, it's just you, since you often take time to e-mail finders of your caches. Not sure all of us can live up to that standard. :rolleyes:

I agree that cut-and-paste logs should be avoided as much as possible. Personally, I don't care about the word count, but the log should reflect something unique about the experience, or the lack there of.

Some super-short logs are fun to read, as long as each one is unique, because it reflects the cacher's style. <_<

I believe in the merit system...if the cache is unique I'll post a unique response...If the cache is a Wally World lamppost....you'll get the generic response....After all how creative and verbose can you be about a Hide a Key container?

If it is not worth more than a cut-and-paste log, then why would you even hunt it in the first place?

Seriously. People seem to be willing to spend an entire day hunting down lame lamp-post caches they can't even remember afterwards. Sounds pretty awful to me. Is it just to increase the smiley count?

But how do you know a lamer until you get there? And once I'm there, I might as well get it...

I often do TNLNSL TFTH because I'm tired and basically sometimes I'm not a very witty guy. OTOH sometimes I try to make it worth reading.

As a hider (OK, only 1 so far with 1 more in the works), I don't get my underwear in a bunch if someone doesn't wax poetic about my hide. Now if I had a long string of nothing but "TNLNSL", I'd begin to wonder if I need to change something, but wouldn't blame the messenger(s), and certainly wouldn't think them "rude". Soulless automaton cache robots maybe, but not rude. :-)

I try to write a little something, and if possible even include pictures. But I don't fault others for not doing so really.

Some people like to write, some can't/don't.

Some people hate micros, others like them.

Some hate McToys others love them.

Some are all about the numbers, others just want an adventure, or scenery, or just a fun way to get exercise.

What's my point? People play this game the way they want to play it. That's what makes geocaching so great. There's something in it for everybody. But not everybody will play it the way others might like to see it played. It's just the way it is. :rolleyes:

Edited by wandererrob

I hate to be suspicious and like I have said before "... what does it matter anyway" (as in no sanctioning or governing body regulating logging, stats etc.) but sometimes when I see overly generic online logs without anything specific set down, especially if it is a difficult cache I wonder if they have even visited the cache.

As a cache owner I always like to hear about any interesting incident or at least the condition of the cache, contents and log. I know when someone is hitting a bunch of caches a day or on a trip this can be difficult.

I hate to admit it, but on long cache runs 30- 40 caches unless something stands out in my mind about the cache I usualy do the cut and past thing. A few weekends ago I did 40 in a weekend trip up north to get out of the heat. I did the usual # out of 40 on a northern run this weekend on all of them, than added whatever if anything stood out about it. I do not realy like doing the cut and past thing but with that many they blur together. I do make sure to keep track off all trades that I do and note that in the log. So I guess I am a half cut and paster. After I log my finds I get to do them all over again on my sons account, and those usualy get a standar cut and paste job, but I do mention that I am logging it for him. He is eight and it is hard to get him to log more than five at a time. I do ask him if any of the caches we did stick out in his mind and why. Than I add what he told me to that log. I do make him log all events he attends. I agree that it is nice to have a nice personal log as apposed to a standard reply.

I'm pretty much with Briansnat. I'll leave a detailed log for a fun cache, but really, there's not much to write about a parking lot lamppost hide. How much detail can you really go into?

This was a to....uh an inte.... ummmm just another hide! That being said, as I slowly drove past all the parked cars, doing my best to blend in with everyone else looking for a parking spot.... :anicute:

Folks, the reality is if you expect a lot on the logs, you expect too much. A cache is a cache is a cache regardless if it took an hour to hike to it or 5 minutes to find the parking spot next to it. Enjoy the fact you have folks looking for and finding it.

Edited by TotemLake

I like to read long and interesting logs of visit to my hides, and enjoy looking at pictures that people took on their adventures...

I also know that sometimes I don't have time (or the motivation) for long logs, and just write a quick note...so it only makes sense that other people are busy on unmotivated sometimes when writing logs for my hidden caches.

I'm grateful that someone visited my cache, and especially grateful when someone writes in their log that they had fun, or sends me an email thanking me. I also recognize that for some, the outdoors and the exercise is the thing, and logging is just book-keeping...for that type, a TFTC! suits me just fine.

Jamie - NFA

Edited by NFA
Cut-and-paste logs are rude. Period. If you can't be bothered to remember the cache, then don't hunt it.
Right on brother! As a general rule I do not allow cut n paste logs on my caches, but I waived the rule for GeoWoodstock. However, after getting 3 letter logs from a certain cacher I quit that and went back to my rule.

Frankly, I don't care that you found x number of caches in a day and that they blur together. I took the time and expended the effort to create, place, and maintain the cache - the least you can do is take a minute and write a descriptive log. :anicute:

I try to write a little something, and if possible even include pictures. But I don't fault others for not doing so really.

Some people like to write, some can't/don't.

Some people hate micros, others like them.

Some hate McToys others love them.

Some are all about the numbers, others just want an adventure, or scenery, or just a fun way to get exercise.

What's my point? People play this game the way they want to play it. That's what makes geocaching so great. There's something in it for everybody. But not everybody will play it the way others might like to see it played. It's just the way it is. :anicute:

You're right. Unfortunately, there will always be someone to complain about something, though. This is just one more of those things.

If everyone had their way, every cache would have to be an ammo can, you would have to leave some spectacular swag better than what you took (by the way, if everyone always traded up, eventually you wouldn't be able to afford to cache), take a picture of yourself (WITH the container and your GPSr), leave a DNA sample to prove you REALLY found it, leave a fingerprint ON the container (whoops, I mean IN the container) to further prove you didn't give your DNA sample or a fingerprint card to someone else, write an essay, leave behind a media card digitally signed by a private key (issued by a trusted CA, of course), free all the travel bugs, CITO the entire forest, then log your cache online, complete with all of the digital photographic evidence, a picture of your legal signature in the log book and a 1000 word manifesto rating the cache for potential future finders. :anicute:

Edit - One more thing: after all of that, your find count would remain unchanged or undisplayed, because it isn't about the numbers.

Edited by ParrotRob
Cut-and-paste logs are rude. Period. If you can't be bothered to remember the cache, then don't hunt it.
Right on brother! As a general rule I do not allow cut n paste logs on my caches, but I waived the rule for GeoWoodstock. However, after getting 3 letter logs from a certain cacher I quit that and went back to my rule.

Frankly, I don't care that you found x number of caches in a day and that they blur together. I took the time and expended the effort to create, place, and maintain the cache - the least you can do is take a minute and write a descriptive log. :anicute:

9Key, I agree! Thanks for saying it so well! :anicute:

(...and so concludes what is likely my shortest post in recorded history!)

"I saw her from across the parking lot. Just standing there, glistening in the hot summer sun. I knew at once I had to have her; she would be mine. Slowly I cruised over in my car, windows down, radio playing soft, romantic music. I pulled up next to her, got out of my car, but didn't say a word. I looked at her, and she just stood there, almost beckoning, taunting, teasing me. I knew what I wanted, and she had it. But would she give it away to a stranger? I was going to find out, regardless of the consequences. I began my approach, never taking my eyes off her. Slowly, but confidently I advanced. She didn't move an inch. It was as if she was saying "its all up to you, friend". Suddenly, I was beside her. I put one hand out, and touched her. She was hot, and smooth as a baby's bottom. I knew it was now or never, there was no turning back. I put my hands on her skirt, and pulled it straight up to see what was hidden beneath it. There it was, staring me in the face, only inches away. Slowly, cautiously, I reached out and grabbed it. Finally!! The cache was mine! Quickly signed the log, put the film can back under the skirt and was on my way. Thanks for the cache!"

:lol:

"I saw her from across the parking lot. Just standing there, glistening in the hot summer sun. I knew at once I had to have her; she would be mine. Slowly I cruised over in my car, windows down, radio playing soft, romantic music. I pulled up next to her, got out of my car, but didn't say a word. I looked at her, and she just stood there, almost beckoning, taunting, teasing me. I knew what I wanted, and she had it. But would she give it away to a stranger? I was going to find out, regardless of the consequences. I began my approach, never taking my eyes off her. Slowly, but confidently I advanced. She didn't move an inch. It was as if she was saying "its all up to you, friend". Suddenly, I was beside her. I put one hand out, and touched her. She was hot, and smooth as a baby's bottom. I knew it was now or never, there was no turning back. I put my hands on her skirt, and pulled it straight up to see what was hidden beneath it. There it was, staring me in the face, only inches away. Slowly, cautiously, I reached out and grabbed it. Finally!! The cache was mine! Quickly signed the log, put the film can back under the skirt and was on my way. Thanks for the cache!"

:lol:

Well. Now I need a cold shower and a cigarette. :P