Louisiana - 2006 Edition > On Sale Now!

9Key

Hi!

Louisiana's first geocoin is now available for sale!

The coin was developed with full participation of the members of LAgeocaching.org.

US and Canada orders only:

{ Louisiana 2006 }

European orders are available here:

German language:

http://www.geocachingshop.de

English:

http://www.geocachingshop.com

The vitals:

* Trackable here on geocaching.com

* Custom icon (coming soon)

* 1.75" in diameter

* 900 gold (200 reserved for local LA / MS cachers)

* 100 polished nickel (reserved for local LA / MS cachers)

* Scheduled to start shipping the week of March 20th

* Activation codes: www.9key.com/coins/activate

louisiana_front.jpglouisiana_back.jpg

Edited by 9Key
Please note that European orders will be avilable soon!

I'm shipping US and Canada orders and a European-based distributor is doing the Euros.

Thanks!

:) I already ordered and paid for 2 through that cointracking site ... ?!?!

where are you sticking the tracking info in the artwork?

It's on the tree :)

That looks to me like a reference to a LA geocache...

I don't see the 'trackable at...'

Yeah I looked at it more closely after I replied, and you're probably right. Would be cool on the tree tho!

That is such a cute coin I have to get me one.

I noticed a few people are looking to have up to 21 coins traded to them.

What I think happened is they didn't click on the checkmark after adding the coin to their listing, To find the checkmark to order, after you add the coin to your listing, scroll down and find your listing, right next to your listing is a checkmark. When you click on the checkmark, it will bring you to a page with the PayPal click here to add to your shopping cart. and payed with the paypal icon on that order page.

Edited by sawblade5
I am not happy with this way selling to European buyers:

1 coin € 9,79 + €3,95 for shipping..

The same things happens in reverse for US buyers of Euro-made coins.

Sorry, I don´t get it. Are you saying for Euro-made coins you pay more because of profit or because the exchange rate?

For this shop the coin is exchanged $ 11.55. And the shipping is extraordinary expensive. There should be a profit for a dealer but here the difference is more than $ 4.50 per coin.

This is disappointing.

Edited by mohr11

Hello 9key, the coin for European is at the moment not orderable!! Because the coin is not on stock.

Second: I`m very surprised about the price, because in the USA you have to pay 7,25$ and in the geocachingshop I pay 9,79€ thait is eqal to 11,94$. :unsure::laughing::( .

That makes me really mad!

best regrads

Marc

Hello 9key, the coin for European is at the moment not orderable!! Because the coin is not on stock.

Second: I`m very surprised about the price, because in the USA you have to pay 7,25$ and in the geocachingshop I pay 9,79€ thait is eqal to 11,94$. :unsure::laughing::( .

That makes me really mad!

best regrads

Marc

The same for me! There are always people trying to fill their wallets on our expense :blink: . Its ok for me if they are getting some profit out of it, everybody has to make a livin' - but this is what I call a ripoff! I hope European buyers do not take that shop for buying the coins!

I also ordered mine from the cointracking site not having seen this post prior to ordering. The shipping to Europe was inclusive in the total price. So now what happens?

You will have your money refunded as I had and you will have to order in the European shop for a horrendous price ... :wub:

I also ordered mine from the cointracking site not having seen this post prior to ordering. The shipping to Europe was inclusive in the total price. So now what happens?

You will have your money refunded as I had and you will have to order in the European shop for a horrendous price ... :wub:

We have asked geocachingshop.de to explain to us why the price is so outreagiously high, and he put a calculation on yhe German forum.

You know what? I don't believe a single word of it! I have traded around the globe a bit myself and in my opinion he is lying through his teeth!

Dutch cachers have to pay €9.79 for a regular coin and €4.55 S&H, which adds up to €14,34

That equals about $18,50 for 1 coin !! :unsure:

I'm not buying it, and I sure hope no one in Europe does!

I sincerely hope Franz bought 500 of these coins and is stuck with it!

We do the same when we sell our coins in the USA???

My personal coin will be for sale in about a week. I'll prove to you you're wrong! :wub:

We have asked geocachingshop.de to explain to us why the price is so outreagiously high, and he put a calculation on yhe German forum.

You know what? I don't believe a single word of it! I have traded around the globe a bit myself and in my opinion he is lying through his teeth!

Dutch cachers have to pay €9.79 for a regular coin and €4.55 S&H, which adds up to €14,34

That equals about $18,50 for 1 coin !! :unsure:

I'm not buying it, and I sure hope no one in Europe does!

I sincerely hope Franz bought 500 of these coins and is stuck with it!

We do the same when we sell our coins in the USA???

My personal coin will be for sale in about a week. I'll prove to you you're wrong! :wub:

Maybe someone should see if gccoins would be interested in being a european distributor, looks like their prices haven't been so bad. Of course that is for their own coins, not resold coins.

I'm not sure why sellers don't just sell to you overseas, sounds like many are already going to the post office, they could print the customs forms at home, etc. see : Sending coins to europe for information. pdxmarathonman was able to print onto the custom forms from Word, that means you can mailmerge for printing.

Edited by Not So Lost Puppies

First of all, geocachingshop.de is taking a cut of what coins are sold to you. It's payment for their distribution. Second of all, there are duties on large shipments of coins which I am sure they incur on the bulk shipment they receive.

This results in higher prices for international orders. Only way not to have those prices is when US sellers will ship overseas. I can understand why many don't... it's a pain with all the forms, you MUST ship international mail from the post office and many shipments seem to get lost.

Edited by AtlantaGal

First of all, geocachingshop.de is taking a cut of what coins are sold to you. It's payment for their distribution. Second of all, there are duties on large shipments of coins which I am sure they incur on the bulk shipment they receive.

In my opinion: All the more reason for sellers to sell directly to our over seas cachers. Save them quite abit of money and they will be more interested in buying the coins. I don't think there would be near as much complaints if they were only charged an extra $2 for shipping/handling, it would likely save them at least $6 per coin.

I can understand why many don't... it's a pain with all the forms, you MUST ship international mail from the post office and many shipments seem to get lost.

Which is why I chose a distributor for Europe. With the New Mexico coins there were *many* lost shipments and lots of griping about delivery time.

Here's a solution for future coins (Texas 2006, GeoWoodstock 4) > band together and buy in bulk.

If there was a German buying club that would purchase, say 100 coins, I would forgo the distributor.

The ball is your court, my European brothers! :wub: