Forum Problems?

"Paws"itraction

I just tried to back up a page in the "Cheers?" thread in OT, and it told me the page wasn't found.

I refreshed the page I had been on and suddenly THAT page wasn't found.

I tried going out to the main forums page and the FORUMS disappeared - all that I got was a list of names of people that were logged on. The "path" that I usually have been seeing in a forum / thread is

Groundspeak Forums > {forum section} > {sub-forum} > Thread: for example:

Groundspeak Forums > General Geocaching Discussions > Geocaching.com Web Site > Forum Problems?

Now it says Groundspeak Forums > > Geocaching.com Web Site.

The forum section seems to be missing.

I only got to this subforum by selecting "view all new posts", clicking on one I *knew* was in the Web Site section, and then clicking on the "Geocaching.com Web Site" link.

What's going on? Is it a forum thing or is my browser freaking out?

Edit to add: and at the top of each page I get this error message:

IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 610 of \sources\classes\class_forums.php)

Edited by PAWSitraction

I just tried to back up a page in the "Cheers?" thread in OT, and it told me the page wasn't found.

I refreshed the page I had been on and suddenly THAT page wasn't found.

I tried going out to the main forums page and the FORUMS disappeared - all that I got was a list of names of people that were logged on. The "path" that I usually have been seeing in a forum / thread is

Groundspeak Forums > {forum section} > {sub-forum} > Thread: for example:

Groundspeak Forums > General Geocaching Discussions > Geocaching.com Web Site > Forum Problems?

Now it says Groundspeak Forums > > Geocaching.com Web Site.

The forum section seems to be missing.

I only got to this subforum by selecting "view all new posts", clicking on one I *knew* was in the Web Site section, and then clicking on the "Geocaching.com Web Site" link.

IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 610 of \sources\classes\class_forums.php)

Did Cheers? break the forums again??

:):):)

Something's going on. :) When I try to enter the forums through the front door I get the board stats page with a list of who's signed on. I can't seem to get to the list of topics at all. I got here by clicking active topics. And I see the same (or similar) error message.

It probably is all Cheers fault. :)

I'll try again some time later.

It's weird as I can get to some (TB, Getting Started, Geocaching Topics, Web site) but I can't get to others (geocoins, The Hunt, NorthEast, Getting started with Waymarking).

Very odd. If anyone wants a link to those working, I can do that...

glad it's not just me.

I can only get into forums that I have posted to in my last 10 posts, with the exception of Off topic.

they are LOOKING to drive us all into the sanitariums, I know it!

I can get in to forums 1->10 ( think) anything above that seems to be toast right now.

Just go to

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=8

And modify the 8 to some other number to scroll through the forums that are still available.

Just double checked, these are the forums I can get to:

4 Geocaching Announcements

5 Getting Started

6 Geocaching Topics

7 Cache in Trash Out

8 Geocaching.com website

9 The Travel Bug

10 Benchmark Hunting

I'm guessing forums 1->3 Are administrative forums (like the reviewer board etc)

Just a repeat of what I said earlier for anyone who missed it (based on some replies, it may be lost).

To get to the still active forums, go to

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=8

And modify the 8 to some other number to scroll through the forums that are still available.

The following forums seem to work for me...

4 Geocaching Announcements

5 Getting Started

6 Geocaching Topics

7 Cache in Trash Out

8 Geocaching.com website

9 The Travel Bug

10 Benchmark Hunting

Oh the humanity!

Okay I checked and Seattle wasn't obliterated by a volcanic eruption, nor has it slipped into Puget Sound following a cataclysmic earthquake, I suspect the hamsters that power the servers are on a work slowdown demanding overtime pay and the end to hamster caching.

Well I am relieved that it isn't "just" the off topic forum.

The search feature still works, and will get you to threads in the available forums, but not in the unavailable forums. And private messages still work. And "Today's Active Topics" is suddenly a useful feature, one I haven't usually taken advantage of.

As a forum moderator under my other account, I am not aware of any scheduled maintenance, and the problem occurred at 6:40 a.m. Seattle time. More typically, downtime is scheduled for late in the evening.

Edited by The Leprechauns

I am having the same problems, I can only see the member that are signed in. I tried doing what ibycus said but still can not get to the Off Topic (37) or the Geocoin (44) Forums.

I got here by clicking on 'Todays Active Topics'

Yeah, I can't get to anything above forum 10... it just stops you having to go to the "Today's Active Topics" section to get to the different forums.

I am having the same problems, I can only see the member that are signed in. I tried doing what ibycus said but still can not get to the Off Topic (37) or the Geocoin (44) Forums.

I got here by clicking on 'Todays Active Topics'

Yeah, I can't get to anything above forum 10... it just stops you having to go to the "Today's Active Topics" section to get to the different forums.

Blimey, I go away for a couple of hours then can't get back in except through "View New Posts". Is it a coincidence that the East Coast of the US is just waking up? :)

I'll get my coat.................gotta cycle home anyway.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Ditto. My last login was three days ago when I was in Atlanta. Do you have any idea how many pages I have yet to Webfoot and can't? :)

I'm still peeved about not being able to Webfoot the last pages in CHEERS, before Tired opened CHEERS? :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Ditto. My last login was three days ago when I was in Atlanta. Do you have any idea how many pages I have yet to Webfoot and can't? :)

I'm still peeved about not being able to Webfoot the last pages in CHEERS, before Tired opened CHEERS? :)

geez! we were quite the chatty bunch yesterday too. you'll be webfootin' for hours. :)